OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Voodoo Whisperer: Curse of a Legend Collector's Edition

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on May 8, 11 12:01 PM

I agree, Cherby - isn't it annoying in games when you can't use, say, your crowbar to break a window but instead have to find a rock or something? There's no logic to it!

Things I didn't like:

Needing wood for two different places and not being allowed to use any of the tree I had just chopped down or any from pile at the bottom of the stairs as I had an axe I could have chopped it down to the required size ..

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Voodoo Whisperer: Curse of a Legend Collector's Edition

[Post New]by marg6043 on May 8, 11 2:13 PM
This is the first collectors edition that I played that it doesn't end, sorry but I feel that after paying 13.99 I have been duped, If I have know that is just like any other 6.99 game I would never have spend my money on it.

For now on I will make sure I would not buy another collectors edition that is not a complete game.

What a joke.

Very upset about it.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on May 8, 11 4:37 PM
I spent $13.99 on a "to be continued" game? The first time I don't check the forum before buying and that happens. Stupid me. I don't appreciate those games for $6.99. What a rip off. That's just greed: you can come to a reasonable stopping point in a game, and still have a sequel. When I see a game like this that deliberately stops on a cliffhanger, I know they don't think they have a product strong enough for you to want to buy a sequel without throwing in the very soap opera-ish "what will happen next?' factor. Also, if it didn't end this time, it's unlikely to end next time out. I only found this to be a very average game, anyway. We're not talking Puppetshow quality here in either the graphics or the story, in my opinion.

Edited on 05/08/2011 at 4:48:09 PM PST

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on May 8, 11 5:10 PM
I agree dlb628, I don't post much but when I do is because something really bothers me, I love the poppetshow and I have not problem with the sequels.

But this one is not near the poppeshow quality.

[Post New]by remembermealwayz on May 10, 11 9:27 AM
I have a 78 year old mother who is of sound mind and loves to play these hidden object game; however, she can't get ahold of the cursor on this one. Is there a way to can change the cursor to make this game a little easier for her?

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on May 11, 11 8:17 AM
This is a well illustrated game! I would say beautiful if not for the subject matter! Anyway it has a unique feature of putting items together in the mixing aparatus. My gripe it became predictable and I had to leave it for a few days then finished it yesterday. I have no quarrel with the collector's edition way of handling the bonus chapter . But I was left with a disappointing point of view.
Devs great job none the less. I would like to see another game of yours.
nanaseaweed

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by eedebeep on May 11, 11 8:29 AM
Already had to restart the game from the beginning due to a technical glitch. hidden object scenes are good, but this game just plods along and has a hard time keeping my interest in the plot. B-.

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on May 12, 11 4:50 AM
I tested this game a while back, I liked it then aside from the navigation. They improved on it a bit. This is the first game i have played since I had surgery on my wrist. Careful out there people my wrist damage is from too much mousing lol Nerve damage from too many games and too much work.
Anyway, game is visually quite nice, I played in hard mode and found the puzzles to be far too simple. Challenge me please!! Did not need the walkthrough. Hated the end. If I had of known, I would have waited for #2 to come out before getting the first. I hate being left hanging.

[Post New]by harleyboy97 on May 12, 11 8:26 AM
when does the second game come out

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on May 15, 11 1:33 PM

Grrr!

I had a glitch at the saloon, the game wouldn't let me progress. I noticed there was a new release. So, I uninstalled, ran disk cleanup, cleaned up the registry, restarted my computer and reinstalled.

BUT - the darn game has remembered everything, presumably because the reinstall just re-opened the files I hoped I'd removed, including the glitch!

NOT a happy camper!

Now I'll try uninstalling and running defrag/optimize in the hope it overwrites at least some of the game files so a reinstall will be properly fresh.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on May 16, 11 2:13 PM

Well I got past the glitchy area, but several times the game shut down with errors. It would start right up again, but that's not the point. Also, the CE has its "extra" content in the middle of the game, so when the regular edition comes out it's going to be pretty short.

The game itself isn't bad, but it needs a lot of debugging.

pjarra
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by pjarra on May 16, 11 3:42 PM
I like the style of the game and game play was good. ****'s were not too difficult though the puzzles were a bit on the easy side.
I do have two complaints with the game: first that the extended or supposedly extended, or bonus game play was included in the game itself. This appeared to be just a method of making the game seem longer than it really was. I like to have something to look forward to when I'm done playing the regular version. Secondly, I can handle "to be continued" for a TV program, but I don't like it at all that you're left hanging on a game that I paid $14.00 for. This was absurd.
If I come across another like it I will probably cancel my subscription.

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on May 17, 11 5:36 PM
Silvia_B wrote:I really want to get this game but my problem is the written dialogue part. When you click on something & it's explained on the top of the screen in a small light white. I have to get up from my chair to look at the screen to read it. It's so disappointing the writing isn't larger or at least bolder. My eyesight is good so it's not that. I haven't read any comments from others that this is a problem so not sure how relaxing it will be if I have to stand & read everytime I click on something.

Silvia

you are not alone... it's my problem too... farthermore, I'm a very slow reader so I have to click every thing at least twice...

ViviOlivi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Voodoo Whisperer: Curse of a Legend Collector's Edition

[Post New]by ViviOlivi on May 19, 11 3:16 PM
Excellent game! Worth the purchase! Can't wait for the sequel!
out of 5!

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on May 21, 11 6:35 PM
I very much enjoyed this game, however it did have some distinct flaws. On the plus side, it had a good story, great graphics and challenging adventure elements. The length was pretty good as well. I liked that the wallpapers were available at the beginning of the game, and that there was a wide screen adjustment option. The strategy guide was helpful for the most part.

On the minus side, the game was occasionally confusing in terms of logically figuring out what to do next. This may be due to the challenge level on the advanced setting, but it seemed to be mostly due to fact that items were not available when they logically should have been and pixel hunting was too often necessary. Also, the potions guide was not always in sync with the game.

The main downside was that this was a CE and the "extra" game play really seemed like a bit of a rip off to me. I noticed this with another game by these developers where a section in the middle of the game was supposed to be the "bonus" section. In my opinion this is a cheap and sneaky way to present a CE - by the developers taking a section of the game that should logically be part of the main game and calling it the bonus. Then they remove it from the standard edition and leave those players going "Huh?" Not good business practice in my opinion. So the developers get a BIG thumbs down from me in that regard.

I didn't mind the "to be continued" element at the end, but really am disappointed in the strategy around the bonus section. I would otherwise look forward to the sequel, but this bonus bit left me a bit cynical...what is up with that anyway? I certainly hope this is not some new trend! Therefore, I do not rate this game highly.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on May 22, 11 6:16 PM
OzzyRobyn wrote:
Grrr!

I had a glitch at the saloon, the game wouldn't let me progress. I noticed there was a new release. So, I uninstalled, ran disk cleanup, cleaned up the registry, restarted my computer and reinstalled.

BUT - the darn game has remembered everything, presumably because the reinstall just re-opened the files I hoped I'd removed, including the glitch!

NOT a happy camper!

Now I'll try uninstalling and running defrag/optimize in the hope it overwrites at least some of the game files so a reinstall will be properly fresh.

I totally understand your frustration, you may have to go to the developers site and get an uninstall from there. I only managed to play like 15 minutes, thought the game was totally uninspired, boring, BAD graphics (no Puppetshow here!) In 15 minutes, I was like ok it this it?? I couldn't believe that this was a CE it couldn't even hole my interest for 15 minutes and they expect me to pay a premium for that?! Sorry JMO I also found it confusing, used the hint and it kept pointing to what I ALREADY KNEW I needed to do but couldn't find the objects to do it with.... **** Hum!

Again try, buy if you like it is JMO

Lean

salyandpepper
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by salyandpepper on May 23, 11 8:59 AM
Hi Fishies

This has to be one of the best games that has come to BFG. I do hope that the developers read our reviews. Lovely graphics, puzzles that are not complicated, H/O scenes not too easy with the bonus of a magnifier for us oldies. This is exactly what I want from a game. It is also a decent length and I liked the Bonus chapter in the middle for a change. I have played it twice now. Got to be my favourite.

Cant wait for the next one. Well done developers, one delighted fish.

salyandpepper
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by salyandpepper on May 23, 11 8:59 AM
Hi Fishies

This has to be one of the best games that has come to BFG. I do hope that the developers read our reviews. Lovely graphics, puzzles that are not complicated, H/O scenes not too easy with the bonus of a magnifier for us oldies. This is exactly what I want from a game. It is also a decent length and I liked the Bonus chapter in the middle for a change. I have played it twice now. Got to be my favourite.

Cant wait for the next one. Well done developers, one delighted fish.

RE:RE

[Post New]by allyie225 on Jun 12, 11 2:30 AM
hey...where can i find the black candle and a holy wather ?:-s

[Post New]by KCagain on Jul 4, 11 8:49 AM

I really liked the game,except the ending... I had read other postings about how awful it was But couldn't imagine until I got there... You don't even expect to be finished... Really stinks, even if it is continued... Just leaves you hanging and disappointed...

Go to: