slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love

[Post New]by slepless777 on May 13, 11 10:00 PM
I found this game insanely boring. I wish I hadn't wasted a credit on it.

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on May 13, 11 11:31 PM
Would give this game about 3&1/2 out of 5 as liked the fact that you have to collect items on the way and then use them in the game but I did found the hidden object scenes a little boring as just a list of items to find, no thinking required.

The storyline was quite good and the graphics were okay but some of the objects in the hidden object scenes were difficult to work out and some of the names of items were a little odd, like just naming a clothespin as a pin.

There was also lots of walking back and forth to find items and hidden object scenes which gets a little tedious, this game could have done with a map that allowed you to jump to locations.

No chance to choose difficulty of game play either which seemed a little strange

Edited on 05/13/2011 at 11:32:18 PM PST

[Post New]by canuck10 on May 14, 11 10:23 PM
This is without doubt the WORST game it has ever been my misfortune to download. The writers have mistaken multiple location movement for adventure, and one finds oneself on a journey of non-sequiturs, without reason or reasonable clue to guide one. Whilst the hidden object scenes are good(ish), many objects are misnamed or nigh on invisible.I couldn't wait for the game to end, and when it came it was without challenge, excitement or satisfaction. A bit like the whole tedious journey really...

indypeg57
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by indypeg57 on May 15, 11 10:35 AM
This is definatley a good game.Well worth it! Alot of hidden objects, and really good mini-games. No tech. issues, good music, graphics, and not too hard to follow.
indypeg57

[Post New]by Mursey on May 16, 11 10:35 AM
This looked like a great game, but unfortunately there was no way to control the curser. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. Is there anyone who has an idea how to fix this?

[Post New]by clumper3 on May 16, 11 10:53 AM
I've tried going into the kitchen to get the crowbar but it's dark and says I need to start a fire. I've looked around but don't see anything to start a fire.....am I missing something???

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on May 18, 11 9:42 AM
This game was really fun. Terrif graphics, Intriguing story line. A lot of hidden objects to find and places to go. I was sorry to have finished it. Wish we had more like it. Nice going BFG!

jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jjj13 on May 21, 11 11:12 AM
Did not really llike this game that much plus came across the glitches others have described in the puzzle elements. Found it was not that intuitive as some of the actions needed to move on made little sense to me. Not a complete waste of money but not worth CE edition cost in my opinion.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on May 27, 11 10:54 AM
This game was very enjoyable - great adventure elements with one or two decent puzzles and a who-done-it story that unfolded nicely as you went along. The graphics were very clear, but the hidden object scenes were still somewhat hard on the eyes - too cluttered and not particularly pretty to look at. The game was a nice length and overall well-made with a logical progression and smooth flow. It didn't have the bells and whistles of some of the more involved games out there, but I enjoy the lighter mysteries once in a while in between my preferred spookier themes. This was a good game for a change of pace.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on May 27, 11 8:17 PM
Really did like this game! Thanks to a previous poster, the issue with my "draggy" cursor and slow inventory items was "fixed" by unchecking 3-D in options! The rest of the game ran just fine...so thank you! My only question....I was left with half of a picture at the end of the game. I have no idea where I was supposed to use it but I guess it was OK as I was allowed to finish the game.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on May 27, 11 8:19 PM
Mursey wrote:This looked like a great game, but unfortunately there was no way to control the curser. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. Is there anyone who has an idea how to fix this?

If you haven't already fixed the cursor issue, you might try unchecking "3-D" in Options at the beginning of the game. I did this at the recommendation of an earlier poster and the cursor issue was completely resolved and I could continue the game just fine with no further problems.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on May 29, 11 8:14 AM
I bought.

[Post New]by granniekmo on May 29, 11 6:31 PM
Whoa - downloaded this game twice, and both times game glitches out at first screen - as soon as I hit the mirror icon, the screen goes dark and I have to use task manager to exit. I finally had to uninstall. I have lots of memory and windows 7. Have not had any problems with any of the other games. What's up with this?

[Post New]by illukar on Jun 3, 11 11:01 PM
The beginning started well, and other than a few objects which blended too well, the hidden objects were good quality. Only a handful of puzzles, none difficult.

The story wasn't particularly engaging, and the design particularly at the end was TERRIBLE. Finally find missing object, use object, search through all nearby areas for new hidden object sparkle point, rinse, repeat. Particularly during the final building you're entering, where entry is broken into getting four items, separately, involving lots of running back and forth down the same laneway.

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jun 12, 11 12:41 PM
To borrow someone else's word: Tedious. I was so glad it was finally over. (I have trouble abandoning games, so always finish them.)

On the Sneaker Scale, for me, this was 10 out of 10. And it was not good Sneaker action. For the second half of the game, too often I had no idea where to go next (I blame poor game construction), so I was revisiting locations over and over just to find where I needed to be. I disliked using the hint because it told me exactly where to go and what to get there. (Too much info! The hint should have been something like "Visit the Boathouse." One thing about H0G scenes is that you don't always know what will end up in inventory once you finish the scene. Having the hint tell me took something away from the hunt.)

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 18, 11 8:33 PM
I didn't care for this too much when first trying it, but came back to it later and enjoyed it quite a bit. The graphics are great, and it's fun to figure out what I need to do. I wish the hints weren't as explicit though. Sometimes I'd just like a little pointer rather than telling me what object to use at what location for what purpose. Still not sure if I'll buy it, but I'll certainly consider it.

PerfectSecty
Stingray
Stingray
4,983 Posts

[Post New]by PerfectSecty on Sep 1, 11 4:54 PM
I got one of those surprise pop-ups to buy this game for only 3.99. I put it in the cart and then played some of the demo. It seemed well worth the price, from what I saw in the demo. Plus, I thought it would be a good way to fill a punch card.

Boy, was I wrong. Tedious is the right word for it. This is one of the most blatant examples of padding a game's length by making you walk all over the place, repeatedly and for no good reason, that I've ever come across. It took away any flow that the game might have had and made it hard to appreciate the story.

The mini games were alright but far too few and far between all the tedious travel and boring H0 scenes.
Add to that, the lousy graphics and dark on dark hidden objects and I couldn't help but think thank goodness that's over with, when it finally ended.
I could have spent that 3.99 on something as equally exciting as this game --- like maybe some toenail clippers.

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on Nov 26, 11 10:19 AM
OMG. I couldn't wait for this game to be over. I have a feeling I didn't play enough of the demo before I made my decision, so my fault.

First of all...SPARKLES. It doesn't even give you a millisecond to look around before it's sparkling "look at me, look at me!" at you.

Second of all, and this is probably just my pet peeve, but if you need light somewhere, why put candles and lanterns everywhere, but not let us pick them up? Why put a hammer and nails in a HOS, but only let us pick up the hammer, and have to go to another place clear across the the whole place to get nails, when you saw.some.RIGHT.THERE!!!

yes, I'm annoyed at the game. And the story kinda stunk too. So there. LOL

Shasta
p.s. - It's just my opinion. It's not meant to reflect at all on anybody who liked it, it's just not to my personal taste.

chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by chickenjools on May 16, 12 9:32 AM
I bought this game after playing the demo. Mistake! The demo was easily the best bit. It got more and more tedious as time went on.

There is LOTS of leg work. You have to go to the furthest point away from you to collect an object from the darkest, dreariest, mis-named and virtually unseeable, hidden object scenes, only to traipse all the way back to where you'd just come from. Initially I thought the puzzles were quite good but as the game went on the puzzles became far fewer and the hidden object scenes increased.

The story wasn't engaging at all. I didn't care about any of the characters.

The music was ok but I did have a technical problem with it about half way. This was resolved by me quitting and restarting.

I thought the graphics were ok apart from the cut scenes where they were dreadful.

All in all, a tedious and very boring game. I did finish it and the length was about 4 hours for me. I was glad when it finished and i found myself using the hint button more and more just to get it over with. (As well as some of the hidden objects being virtually invisible!)

Hidden object fans may well enjoy it but I wish I hadn't bought it.

chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by chickenjools on May 16, 12 9:36 AM
Shastanna wrote:OMG. I couldn't wait for this game to be over. I have a feeling I didn't play enough of the demo before I made my decision, so my fault.

First of all...SPARKLES. It doesn't even give you a millisecond to look around before it's sparkling "look at me, look at me!" at you.

Second of all, and this is probably just my pet peeve, but if you need light somewhere, why put candles and lanterns everywhere, but not let us pick them up? Why put a hammer and nails in a HOS, but only let us pick up the hammer, and have to go to another place clear across the the whole place to get nails, when you saw.some.RIGHT.THERE!!!

yes, I'm annoyed at the game. And the story kinda stunk too. So there. LOL

Shasta
p.s. - It's just my opinion. It's not meant to reflect at all on anybody who liked it, it's just not to my personal taste.

LoL! I couldn't agree more but your post did make me laugh. I can almost feel your irritation.

Edited on 05/16/2012 at 9:36:52 AM PST

Go to: