Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Christmaswish on May 24, 11 2:33 AM
Very good! I like the story and color location ... tired of grim game.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition

[Post New]by maryj1024 on May 24, 11 8:31 AM
I really like this game,It's a great mind tease.The graphics are wonderful.When you get stuck you need to think your way out ...which there is a way out.
Thank you for creating this game.A+A+A+

Edited on 05/24/2011 at 8:31:57 AM PST

lost61
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by lost61 on May 25, 11 1:52 PM
Well..BF you did it again! Super game!!!!!! Only one little problem..remind everyone to wait for skip buttons to fill if not interested in solving puzzles.

Otherwise, shades of Return to Ravenhurst! Wow!

Thanks for the fun! Whoo Hooo!

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on May 26, 11 12:47 AM
Well, I finally finished it, after having to change profiles SIX times!
And though I seemed to be plagued with glitches from the start, I have to say it was one of the best and most challenging games i've ever played.

The puzzles drove me bonkers (even after re-starting so many times, there were still a couple I wouldn't even attempt) and the pernickityness of tyhe cursor made me want to scream at times. BUT .. (and even though there's no real re-playable value) it's one of those games which i'm sure i'll go back to time and time again just for the sheer pleasure of playing it.

Well done to the devs.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on May 26, 11 12:50 AM
(further to my previous comment .. "it was one of the best and most challenging games i've ever played". .. but the prize for THE most challenging game for me, has to be Safecracker. I never ever did get to finish it. Did anyone else?)

HerrFlick
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by HerrFlick on May 26, 11 3:50 PM
The game is ok but the bonusplay is disappointing. Certainly not worth the extra money.

[Post New]by Munday on May 28, 11 7:22 AM
9gamer5 wrote:Same old technical issues that have occurred too often of late. Cursor is sluggish and won't stay put. Hint action in slow motion. Also, don't care for the slowness of the skip mode. Otherwise, the game looks like it might have been in tI have to agree wih you I found this game very very slow. has it been fixed yet?????

aquaia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by aquaia on May 28, 11 11:50 AM
I've got to say that WOW! This is a beautifully done game. I've only bought one
CE before this and I always hesitate to spend the extra $, but for once I'm glad I did. As others have said, the graphics are beautiful and the voice over's very well done.

Probably took me a good day and a half to finish it, including the extra bonus game.

I wasn't all that fond of the puzzles, but if you're willing to wait the 2 minutes, they're all skipable. I usually just poked and prodded until I either solved it or the skip bar lit.

There are going to be some folks who won't like the to-ing and fro-ing between locations, but there's always something new to find or look for, so I didn't mind.

I didn't have any problems with the sluggish cursor or the screen resolution, nor did I have any lag problems. I play on a laptop, so have a small screen, but the HOGS were, for the most part, very clear. I rarely had to use the hint button. Got puzzled a few times on the interactive bits, but most of them just require looking around the scene and a bit of logic to solve.

I managed to have to back track once or twice because I missed something that I was playing too fast to see. Had to go back and look for one angel (which drove me batty) and missed an obvious tool and was afraid I'd have to start totally over, but, again, backtracked and there it was right under my nose.

The bonus game wasn't that impressive, ok, but not great. It did give me an extra hour to enjoy the graphics.

Beautifully done! Thank you to the Developers and to BFG for a great game for a holiday weekend!

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on May 29, 11 11:13 AM
I'm so glad I bought the CE; wouldn't have had a clue where to go next in some places. It's one I will play again I played over several nights, but it seemed like a long game. Playing over several days often means that you can become rather lost when starting up again. No technical issues with Win 7. I enjoyed the puzzles and they didn't seem too difficult. Happy, happy; thanks to the developers and BF!

Edited on 05/29/2011 at 11:21:00 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on May 29, 11 11:49 AM
I very much enjoyed this game in every way. All the great comments were right on and I wasn't able to to find any faults. I also liked the bonus game. The big plus of CE's for me is the SG and a good bonus game. Have fun, Fishies.

marachat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by marachat on May 29, 11 1:25 PM
I've just finished the demo, which in my opinion was very short compared to other games. Weird..
Well, it was anyway enough to get a rough opinion about the game:

- I agree with some other people here saying the game graphics have the cliché "dipped in blue" -thing as many other eerie H0G's have nowadays. It is getting annoying I must say.

- I was amused to see the gameplay is in Maine, I went there not long ago and fell in love with the state! Although, as kris_cross48 already said, there was nothing Maine-like in this game. The architecture was nothing like what I saw when I visited Bangor, Portland etc. It bugged me. And I thought about the possibility too that the developers got the idea from King's The Fog, it made me smile lol

- I'm a horrible "spelling nazi", I got annoyed by the misspelling of for example "disappeared"(dissapeared) in the magazine you see at the beginning of the game. I hope the rest of the game doesn't have these kind of kinks later on...

- The talking in the game. I absolutely hate it(I'm such a perfectionist, lol!) when in a game, a person talks, and the mouth is not synched at all with the words! ARGH! Either have the mouth shut, or do some effort. Major dislike when a mouth is speaking some gibberish and the voice actor is actually silent at that moment.

- Lastly I want to complain about something others have been cursing about too - the cursor synching. It was really frustrating to click around an obvious object from the list, just to notice you were a few pixels from the absolut right spot. NOT nice.

I didn't really like the demo, so I don't know if I'll buy the game. I liked the graphics overall, and the story was pretty intriguing... So, we'll see!

reneesenn
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by reneesenn on May 30, 11 10:27 AM
I enjoyed this game. Graphics were good and the storyline was changed up a little from the regular. Puzzles were just the right difficulty for me.
It had a few glitches. I had to skip the Angel/Demon game. It is possible to get stuck in a no-win situation and it wouldn't let me reset it. Also I kept getting pages posted in my journal before I'd done the things it wrote about, bit of a spoiler problem there. Bonus content was so-so. (just liked the guard. ) Probably an extra 30 mins or so.

roluny
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

sparkles

[Post New]by roluny on May 31, 11 2:09 PM
What's wrong with sparkles? I'm rather fond of them myself.
This game looks good!
MG

[Post New]by Deju33 on Jun 1, 11 10:50 PM
dont like wobbly cursor

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on Jun 1, 11 11:34 PM
Just finished including the bonus play. Marvelous game! Great graphics, beautiful music, and plenty of puzzles, which I love but may not be to everyone's taste. I will say don't miss any of the angel pieces or you'll really need the CE's strategy guide! That would be the main reason to spend the money on a CE because the extra play is a little short, and for once the "real" ending of the game isn't hidden in the extra play.

A couple of minor anachronisms were more amusing than game-spoiling - open heart surgery wasn't actually practiced until the 1950's, and what on earth was an advertisement for an Edsel doing in a town that had been missing since 1896? But that's all in fun. The core of the game was a murder mystery and the plot developed very nicely as the game progressed.

I got 6-7 hours of play out of the thing by proceeding slowly - this is one of those games where you return to a scene just to enjoy the art - and not skipping any of the generous array of puzzles, some new, most of them old ones with an entertaining twist. Full marks to the developers for a very enjoyable effort.

Sunrunner
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Sunrunner on Jun 3, 11 3:34 PM
timothya wrote:Just finished including the bonus play. Marvelous game! Great graphics, beautiful music, and plenty of puzzles, which I love but may not be to everyone's taste. I will say don't miss any of the angel pieces or you'll really need the CE's strategy guide! That would be the main reason to spend the money on a CE because the extra play is a little short, and for once the "real" ending of the game isn't hidden in the extra play.

A couple of minor anachronisms were more amusing than game-spoiling - open heart surgery wasn't actually practiced until the 1950's, and what on earth was an advertisement for an Edsel doing in a town that had been missing since 1896? But that's all in fun. The core of the game was a murder mystery and the plot developed very nicely as the game progressed.

I got 6-7 hours of play out of the thing by proceeding slowly - this is one of those games where you return to a scene just to enjoy the art - and not skipping any of the generous array of puzzles, some new, most of them old ones with an entertaining twist. Full marks to the developers for a very enjoyable effort.

All of this. I was gonna put my two cents in since I started playing the game yesterday and finished up today, but timothya summed up my thoughts and feeling nicely. Definitely worth the buy in that I missed one of the angels and couldn't for the life of me figure out where it was, but yeah, the Bonus Gameplay was not worth it, as i breezed through in in about 20 min.

I especially enjoyed the interactive twist on the **** scenes. Made me work for it a bit, but the art is so lovely and the objects well-rendered, I don't care that it had me cursing the dev's cleverness at points.

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Jun 19, 11 11:58 AM
Very nice game with great graphics,story and different hogs and puzzles.
This one takes HOGs to a level that makes you combine items.
There is a skip feature and of course a built in guide that CE's usually have.
Bonus game ends the story.
Game is worth buying for those of you who think most CE's don't last long enough.
Thanks BFG!

[Post New]by Chancedotcom on Jun 28, 11 9:45 AM

timothya wrote:Just finished including the bonus play.

Nutcracker in ****

[Post New]by Chancedotcom on Jun 28, 11 9:48 AM
Since you finished the game, perhaps you could help me with one of the **** scenes. It's the one where you have to attach the arm to the nutcracker to get the nut.

I attached the arm, but I'll be darned if I can get it to give up the nut. Any suggestions?

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jun 28, 11 11:15 AM
The nut should appear in the Nutcracker's mouth when you attach the arm Also, since the item is no longer hidden, it should no longer be yellow on your to-find list.

Go to: