netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition

[Post New]by netnanna on Jun 14, 11 3:31 AM
TREMENDOUS!!! worth every cent. Other developers please note that when we're stuck and don't know where to go, we need to be pointed in the right direction, not just to be told there's nothing to do here. These developers have got it just right, not wandering aimlessly around, press hint and go to the area shown. Loads of puzzles, some we've seen before, but loads of new ones, and I loved the "Heath Robinson" things to construct, raised a good giggle. A lengthly game that I just didn't want to stop playing, so the bonus content was well worth paying for, though the game itself was worth every cent. Can hardly wait for the sequel!!

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jun 14, 11 2:43 PM
I just finished the CE and it is a WOW of a game. Excellent graphics, very good story, good Hint and Journal and all the other good things have already been said, so I won't repeat. It's an adventure with HOGs and puzzles. Very well done devs!! The bonus says there will be a sequel and I'll be waiting for it. Thanks BF for many hours of enjoyment.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jun 15, 11 7:50 AM
I forgot to mention earlier that there some some delightful secrets in this game. Such as, click on the cat's neck and he tilts his head to indicate that he enjoys your scratching. And there are other cute surprises to discover.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Jun 16, 11 4:04 AM
I enjoyed the demo, but will wait for the se to come out.

pzzllvr
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by pzzllvr on Jun 17, 11 1:24 PM
I just finished this game and I thought it was the best I have ever played. I joined BFG over a year ago and have played many games, but this one was perfect for what I like in a hidden object game. There are as many mini puzzles as there are hidden objects. Great Game!!

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Jun 17, 11 10:57 PM
I really liked this game. I don't know if I will buy the CE but the graphics were nice and the game play was fairly straightforward. I think that some people will think the minigames were easy but for me they were just right.

Nice One.

[Post New]by sedatedwoman on Jun 19, 11 3:59 AM
I'm LOVING me some LOVE Chronicles!! Wish I had the moo-lah to purchse it.....still playing the trial version. A really, really great game. The graphics are lovely, the sound doesn't wanna make me scream my head off and there is lots to do! My kinda game! I'm still a Big Fish Virgin, but I am like alot of the oldies, I love the HOG- FROG -IHOG Adventure, PUZZLE makes ya think till yer head hurts kinda games. I think the hardest one so far, or should I say, "challenging" was Rhiannon: Curse of Four Branches. I literally had to write down almost all of the walk-thru! That game stressed me out big time, but then thats what I love....to get this 'ol brain of mine working again LOL LOL Been playing all weekend, since I didn't getta go to Sparks, .....
Didn't care much for Mystery Travel - The Magic Diary daily deal one. Although the graphis were absolutely gorgeous, it was a bit too easy. Still got time left on the trial and will prolly play it cuz I ain't got nuthin better to do! Dreamland was AWESME! Had a blast playing that one...okay, I'll quit rattling....haha

[Post New]by Leila_Mills on Jun 20, 11 2:07 AM
today saw the pics from this game and I must say this is definetely a buy!
not sure yet whether the plot will satisfy me, but the art is marvellous!

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Jun 26, 11 3:32 PM
I'm thorougly enjoying this game. It's so nice to be able to play a game that is not spooky, full of dead things or has a depressing theme. Although there is a witch involved, she is cartoony and not at all scary. The graphics are fantastic, the storyline intriguing, the hidden objects are easy to find and there is a lot of interaction. My type of game! The only negative, would be that it would have been good to have voiceovers to make the game even more polished.

I'm up to the bonus section and it's pretty good - does not appear to be short.

[Post New]by elvengirl on Jun 29, 11 7:25 PM
I can't pick up the lever on level 2 either and I am frustrated. I thought it would be worth buying it and now I'm stuck. Any suggestions about how to pick up a mirage lever that says it is in there as per the strategy guide?

[Post New]by fairieartist on Jul 2, 11 7:25 AM
AirCoco wrote:
goofyduck77 wrote:I was all set to say things thinking it would be just like the first one. It’s not. So you’re going to either happy or sad. This is an iHOG/ADVENTURE (and not a HOPA because there are H0 scenes) and not a FROG/Adventure..... this game is more like the iHog’s we are used to, arrows, inventory, puzzles, H0 scenes, etc. Now if you didn’t like the first one because it was a FROG, then don’t pass on this one thinking it is a FROG also. If you wanted another FROG, well, then, sorry. But I like iHogs and am not huge on FROGS, so . . . I was happy it wasn’t the same.

Will you folks PLEASE speak English for those who are new or not "hip",,,,you are reviewing to a lot of people, not just your little inner circle. And two: why oh why is every review 9 posts of "I'm downloading now" or "I played the first game! yep gonna look at this one!' and "Oh this ought to be good!". Why don't the moderators move or delete posts that are NOT reviews, at least for the first page or two? It is so hard to find an actual review in the "comments and reviews". I'm only complaining about this because other sites actually have detailed, point by point reviews, according to a plain, set formula, and they're actually IN the Review section. Why do we have to read 6 pages of chit chat just to find out the basics of the game? Thank you

[Post New]by fairieartist on Jul 2, 11 7:29 AM
Yikes!!! Who pee'd on your cornflakes?? Personally, I like the reviews as they have been written....entertaining along with informative...with some personality inserted. I find I get far more info from "reading between the lines" than from sterile planned reviews. Goofyduck, casual gran, melissa, and all you others....keep up the good work....I think a lot of us enjoy your reviews.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jul 3, 11 1:59 PM
I absolutely agree with the above complaint and don't at all believe it is a "someone peed in her/his cornflakes" situation.

There are many of us who feel this way.

We understand that there are a core group of you who know each other because you post here all the time and you are the "regulars." You care if the other is "getting ready to download the game right now." There's nothing wrong with that.

But, the majority of the people who come to view these reviews are not part of the inner sanctum and on no other site do we have to sift through pages of chit chat to get to what the subject is supposed to be about.

Can't the moderators open a room for all of you? I am not in any way demeaning the importance of what you have to say; quite the contrary. It is clearly important to each of you what the others have to say, so I would think it better for the moderators to set you guys up your own room so you can chit chat back and forth while the rest of us can just read the reviews for which we are looking.

Many of us have asked this over and over and nothing seems to get done about it, so I am not surprised by the frustration in the above writer's tone.

And, the shorthand you use is a bit off-putting. I have been a gamer since the original Pong in the 1970s (I know I just told my age) and I've never heard of some of the terms you are using.

Why not use the same policy journalists use and spell out your shorthand on first reference, then use initials after that.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jul 3, 11 2:09 PM
And to the other writer above, no complaint was at all made against "personality" in any review, nor was any complaint made against any particular reviewers.

The issues were those who don't review but only write to indicate they were planning to play the game or were merely in the middle of the game, and those who use the shorthand that is not understood by the casual reader.

You clearly missed the point of the author of the post and read far more into it than was there.

There was nothing said in that post that would at all prohibit "personality" or the entertaining, information reviews you like so much. And, at no place did the author suggest that only "sterile, planned reviews" be the only reviews allowed, nor would the post's requests, if followed, leave only "sterile, planned reviews" as an option.

Exactly where did you read that in the post? If you could, point out the phrase or phrases in which you read those things in that post.

Thanks.

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Jul 11, 11 5:41 PM
Maybe a little too easy for a CE

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 13, 11 10:17 AM
Just wanted to add that although I did enjoy playing this game, I had hoped that this game would play similarily to "The Spell", but didn`t, which disappointed me a little.

I still prefer to replay "Love Chronicles: The Spell" rather than this game.

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Aug 16, 11 11:05 AM
I am still in the midst of playing this game but I just had to say: this has the best notebook/journal I've ever known in an IHOG I have only used the SG once & that was when I went back to the game after weeks!
Thanks devs for finally making a comprehensive notebook

Finished this game yesterday, what a wonderful game! Terrific quality, I hardly had to use the SG because as I said previously the notebook was so comprehensive!
The bonus game was a nice little game, but the quality was nowhere near the quality of the main game & as far as I was concerned it had nothing whatsoever to do with the main game. IMO
boots

Edited on 08/22/2011 at 8:51:25 AM PST

[Post New]by l8nytsimmer on Oct 30, 11 10:43 PM
The game itself isn't bad. The graphics quality is very nice, and the story is okay, but a little to Fairy Tale like for my taste.I DID enjoy putting together all of the little devices, though!
At this point, I may buy it, or I may not. I need to think about it a while. I prefer spooky games or games where I have to solve crimes or mysteries, to these fantasy ones. Still, my congratulations to the developers. The graphics, background music, and puzzle solving aspects makes this a game I'd give Four Stars to.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Nov 22, 11 10:35 AM
Valdy wrote:Just wanted to add that although I did enjoy playing this game, I had hoped that this game would play similarily to "The Spell", but didn`t, which disappointed me a little.

I still prefer to replay "Love Chronicles: The Spell" rather than this game.

I agree completely. I haven't been playing long, maybe an hour. I find it clunky and a bit confusing. Don't know if I'll finish it. Maybe I just go back and play "The Spell" again. It made me feel good just playing it. The game play was unique. This is like every other hog/adventure. I don't remember useing the SG in "The Spell" but I need to use it in this one just to accomplish the given tasks. I was so looking foward to this game.I'm very dissapointed.

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Dec 4, 11 2:09 PM
A really enjoyable game. Gorgeous graphics & music, an interesting story with good plot twists. Good hint feature, fun mini puzzles which were challenging at times, with the ability to skip if needed. The game also has 2 modes for those that like a challenge.

Also, very happy with the additional content, it is a little adventure in itself that is long enough to be worth the price, & was a colourful follow-on from the game.

Go to: