msblueyes
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

Re:Haunted Hotel 2 - Believe The Lies

[Post New]by msblueyes on Jan 3, 09 5:34 PM
this game was so short . bought this morning and already finished it in a couple of hourrs

kassy481
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by kassy481 on Jan 3, 09 5:40 PM
I just want to say; this game had great potential but I have to agree it was way too short. That wouldn't necessarily be a problem but this game has no replay value. I played it through 3 times.....items list, puzzle solutions stay the same. One thing that made me laugh....after fixing & then hot wiring the car...I wanted to drive it
Happy Gaming All, Kas

bonniesgrandma
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by bonniesgrandma on Jan 3, 09 5:47 PM
cherbtoo wrote:
bonniesgrandma wrote:I couldnt play it at first so I went on tools on IE and changed some settings, and then it worked

What settings did you change?

I went on the technical questions here on the right, and did what it said. If I remember right I had to go to tools, internet options, then change security and privacy tabs to medium, hope this works for you

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 3, 09 5:57 PM
What??? Even the minigames solutions are exactly the same the second time through???

please, please say it isn't so. I would think it would be easier to have a random solution for getting into room 13, for hot wiring the car, etc, than to have a single hard coded solution. If it's always the exact same solution, then no wonder they didn't include an option to replay the minigames.

note that this is me responding to kassy's post. Is that what you meant Kassy? Once I noticed that the items in the first scene were exactly the same, even in the same order, I decided to wait a week or two before replaying.

edited becuz i cantz spel tday

Edited on 01/03/2009 at 5:58:30 PM PST

kassy481
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by kassy481 on Jan 3, 09 6:06 PM
Yes lordkalvan, at least for me everything thing stayed the same...I knocked that game out in no time flat my 3rd run through lol.
Happy Gaming, Kas

bfogc
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by bfogc on Jan 3, 09 6:15 PM
I downloaded the trial and it kept freezing up.So I tried this and it worked just fine!I have Windows Vista.Go to Control Panel,and open Personalize.I have to do this with a lot of games I bought.Under Display settings,move the resolution to Low and change it to 16 Bit.you can always change it back anytime you want to!

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jan 3, 09 6:50 PM
Since I was really in need of a game today, I bought HH2. After 4 tries with the access violation errors partially within the game, I thought I had finally gotten it to work. But to my dismay, I was very close to the end and boom....had to start over once again, since it seems as though the game does not save your progress. I did notice that sometimes the storyline did not run and other times it did, which really doesn't bother me but there really are some major problems with this game. I was able to actually finish the game in just about an hour once I finally got it working. Ending stinks....makes your believe you have another level left and then BOOM......Game Over. All in all, most of you gamers can probably finish this game during the free hour, unless your desperate for a game....not worth buying.

[Post New]by kayti82598 on Jan 3, 09 7:02 PM
ya know someone said "leave them wanting more" as to why the game was so short but ya know what, I will be sure NOT to buy the next installment of this game since I feel like i was ripped off with this one.

I agree I will stay with the large file games for the most part since those seem like the best value.

hollie96
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by hollie96 on Jan 3, 09 8:19 PM
Okay, got the kids to bed and got my chance to play demo. I don't think I'll be buying this one. Besides the many reports of how short it is, it just didn't *grab* me the way some **** games do. When I first started it, the screen stayed black but I managed to get to start page again without shutting it down. I started again. This time the guest register was sparkling, so I went to it and did the pencil thing. Then it told me to use the keys in my dock, but I had never gotten the hidden object list to be able to pick up the keys and I couldn't go back. Quit again and started under new name. Got hidden object list that time, found them all, did pencil, keys and as my fbi dude was walking down the hall I got an access violation error and the game shut down. On restarting, it had not saved. Luckily (?) I already knew where all the objects were, found them, *saved*, pencil, keys, and then the game worked fine.

Didn't care for how I just jumped from room to room with no explanation of each one. I had an explanation for the professor and the hacker, then I just jumped around with no explanations of what I was doing and why.

Liked the mini games, but not enough to buy the game, especially when I see remarks above saying they play the same every time you play it, no variation.

Turned all the sound down to barely anything very early on, did not care for it much.

Liked that I could click without penalty, that is a plus when some of the objects were tough to find. Also liked the 'no timer' part, sometimes I'm okay with timers, others they just make me all nervous.

Still holding out for the new Natalie Brooks!

sunny64
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by sunny64 on Jan 3, 09 11:17 PM
I downloaded and bought the game this evening. It loaded and played fine. I even stopped, saved and continued with no problems, until I got to the snow scene in the garden. When I finished this scene and clicked on the basement, I got an error access violation, but it booted me out so fast I couldn't read it. The graphics are extremely clear so guess I'll try again tomorrow or next week.

[Post New]by ChristmasEve on Jan 4, 09 12:26 AM
I just finished the game and was disappointed on how short it was. It seemed I just got started and it was done. Ended with - continuing. So that means a third one will be made. I agree that the mini games were very easy, no real challenge. I know we all got spoiled by RTR but this game seemed to just be a hurried up game to get it out to the people. Hopefully the next one will be a lot longer and have better mini games.

tiasnana
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tiasnana on Jan 4, 09 12:34 AM
I doubt I'll buy this game because I'm having such a hard time playing the demo. It wouldn't allow me to click on any of the objects in the professor's room, and when I closed out and came back in I was at the door with the key card but nothing in the inventory or list. The hints kept telling me to find a clue in the room, but couldn't get into the room. I've spent most of the 60 minutes going out and coming back into the game. When I first went into the professor's room there was nothing in the list, so had to go out and come back. Really don't have an idea if I'd like this game or not because I can't play the demo. I see a lot of other people with the same problem, but don't see anywhere BFG has given us a solution. I have a new computer, meets all the requirements, keep my computer cleaned up from adware, everything updated, so it has to be the game since so many are having the problems.
I buy a lot of games, but don't think it will be this one unless they get it fixed in a hurry.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 4, 09 2:50 AM
I agree it's far too short. A beautiful game, so I decided to give it another go. But there is no replay value at all. Such a shame. I feel ripped off too. I'd expect at least length or replay value. With this one you get neither. Very disappointed. My other games I have enjoyed two or three times.

Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Pckiller on Jan 4, 09 2:51 AM
tiasnana wrote:....The hints kept telling me to find a clue in the room, but couldn't get into the room. ...

Looks like you missed that every room has a last clue item you have to find. It is not in the list, but it flashes under the mouse cursor. And if you can't find it for 30 sec it blinks too. But somehow when you exited the game and come back it loaded next level without finishing the previous one.

Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Pckiller on Jan 4, 09 2:53 AM
Hey everyone!

I'd like to THANK YOU ALL for comments and feedback! For everything you say, good and bad. For taking your time to come here and let us know what you think! Cause most people just pass by... Feedback from players is what we want the most! It helps a lot.

Thanks to this forum now we know our weak sides. We know what you want and we can focus on this in our future games.

Now we know that our next games should last longer and have more replay value.

Also I'd like to thank BFG for creating such place where we can come and find out what our gamers think and want.

We are still working on this game. And we are trying to fix everything that is possible to make this game good!

We've worked for 8 month 12-15 hours a day, so we just can't let it go. And we will do everything we can to support this game.

Thanks again everyone!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 4, 09 3:29 AM
Thanks Pdkiller! I am glad to also have feedback from the game developers. I think that often we, the players, don't think about all the work that goes into making these games. I know that you do your best to make good games and I appreciate the hard work. I look forward to the "fixes" and more importantly to part 3 of this game.

I am now nearing the end of the game. I have only one major problem with it. The objects seem to have gotten smaller and smaller as the game progressed. Now I find myself doing a lot of random clicking because I just can't see some of the items. This makes the lack of a timer and the Hints a very good thing for me. I like being able to skip puzzles if I really get stuck. The only puzzle I skipped so far was hotwiring the car, just didn't get it. Overall, a very good game!

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jan 4, 09 4:32 AM
I played the demo yesterday, then decided to buy it - wish I hadn`t, the game is sooo short and objects very easy to find, the puzzles too are easy. Including the demo time, it took me just under 2 hours to finish.

The game continually kept going back to my desktop, but my place in the game wasn`t lost, just very annoying.

Graphics were very good though.

[Post New]by finicky12001 on Jan 4, 09 7:44 AM
lordkalvan wrote:
sept13 wrote:just started playing and already problems no inventory to get the key to make a copy or am I missing something?

Edited on 01/04/2009 at 7:46:04 AM PST

[Post New]by finicky12001 on Jan 4, 09 7:47 AM
I am new to forums. I am stuck at the very beginning. Where do I get the keys from to put in inventory in order to copy them? thank you

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 4, 09 7:56 AM
You should have picked up the keys in the first scene. If you did, look on the left, under the place where the list of items to be found is. Do you see a set of keys there, that you can pick up?

Go to: