yuni4you
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Reviews for Grim Tales: The Bride Collector's Edition

[Post New]by yuni4you on Jun 17, 12 1:41 AM
Excellent game,good graphics and also good value for money...

Review: A but not A+

[Post New]by Bergnymphe on Jul 2, 12 7:49 AM
It lacks kind of "personality" to get a A+, but it is a solid, longplaying HOG. My personal + and -:

+ every HOS just once
+ 3 different difficulty modes
+ difficulty level of HOS and Puzzles
- Bonus chapter with sparkles on screen even in hardcore mode! This is an absolut NOGO!
- already placed items were not visible in the sceen overview - one had first to zoom in to see them
- Music (more its placement than the music itself...)

Based on the length and the fact that one discovers new places in addition to a better explication of the storyline I vote for the CE instead of SE.

Ali2106
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Ali2106 on Sep 30, 12 12:56 AM
Loved this game. Beautiful graphics and seems to go on forever - bonus! Great mix of adventure and puzzles, it was a perfect balance for me.

I cannot recommend this game enough, I've played it over a few times now. So glad I bought this one

Ali

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Jun 10, 13 5:02 PM
Hands down, this is the WORST CE I've EVER played! It has the most BORING plot (really NO plot to speak of!), not to mention a sickening overabundance of HOGS filled with tiny, dark images in ultra-crowded scenes (creating severe eye strain, regardless of one's usual visual acuity level). There are at least 50 - 60 HOGS, in this game, not to mention at least 30 different puzzles, many of which have poor instructions, so are nearly impossible to understand, let alone complete.

There's almost no music to speak of and the pace of the story is so incredibly slow (since you're stuck having to complete HOG after HOG after HOG, every 2 - 3 minutes, or so), that I was DESPERATE to have it come to an end! The fact that there are at least 50 different rooms or scenes, for one to have to keep walking back and forth between (without a map or "jumping device" included to simplify the process), added to the misery and tedium of the game. There is NOTHING "Adventurous" about this game.

This is TRULY a "GRIM" affair, quite unusual for the Elephant Team to have royally BOMBED on. Grade "D".

ShaunaPSmith
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ShaunaPSmith on Jul 9, 14 3:08 PM
Wow, has no one reviewed this game in 3 years?? This was one of my recent favorites to play. The mini puzzles ROCKED. Not that they were all very hard, but some were just wonderfully puzzling. I like them hard. Overall the HOP's were too easy. I get bored with those. But the graphics are good and I had no technical difficulties. And it felt like a really good LONG game. Even the Bonus Chapter seemed quite long. I always play games on the hardest setting, for what it's worth.

I look forward to trying more from Grim Tales!

P.S. If anyone has a tip for solving the puzzle that occurs right before the end of the regular game (the rotating emblems) please share. I had to get my brainy 14 year old nephew to finish it.

[Post New]by blahblah79 on Jul 9, 14 3:46 PM
It's a good older game.

However, it doesn't appear that there is anything on the left side of page 6 on the diary. I can't understand why that is.

[Post New]by noriwil on Aug 20, 14 6:00 PM
I recently purchased this game at Walmart. I play for a few minutes and then thegame gets an error and closes. Is there a fix. Or am I stuck with a game that doesn't work? I'm really disappointed. I've played BFG for years and this is the first time I've had a problem.

Go to: