Re:Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Sep 10, 11 8:24 AM
I've done everything just short of "dancing on the head of a pin", trying to demo trial this game. Customer Service is pretty much out of ideas as to how to get the game to play for me. The BFG and Boomzap logos are displayed (with the music playing), then the loading bar fills all the way across the screen, then I'm instantly taken back to the Game Manager, without ever being able to even sign in my name.

It took me more than 30 minutes, tonight, to finally even be able to watch the mini-video of the game, that is double-posted on its description page. The video system has been broken for months and Customer Service tells me they have no clue if or when they will ever be able to fix it. It's hard to be patient, when I don't know if I'll ever be able to play this game, or not.

During the CE version sale, I bought a bunch of CE version game and didn't have any trouble with any of them, so my machine isn't the problem. It's been checked up one side and down the other and all my settings are where they are supposed to be, according to Customer Service. The earlier two sequels didn't seem to have so many technical glitches with them. I can't help wondering why this one is...

Rainbow

vthecat
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by vthecat on Sep 10, 11 3:21 PM
vthecat wrote:
dcairns wrote:I am having a terrible time with this game! I click on something and it doesn't work so I have to click to the side of the item or keep searching for the exact spot to make it work. I even tried using a hint and it showed that I should click where I was clicking. At one point it took 5 full minutes to get it to register. Is anyone else having this issue? Definitely wont be buying this one if this cannot be resolved.

Me too. Would love to buy, but...

Sadly, the cursor problem makes the game unplayable. (Custom cursor was turned off too.) I had to uninstall. Too bad. I really wanted to play. I will reconsider if a new version becomes available. I love Big Fish games, but I do think that at least the more expensive CEs should be tested more extensively.

[Post New]by Healer945 on Sep 10, 11 8:06 PM
Ok, I have tried the suggested back and forth while holding down the mouse button, and after 12 minutes it froze the game. I cannot get the bark off the pine tree. It will not work, I have reloaded the game numerous times, tried different names, and have even timed the last time I tried to get it off. Twelve minutes of back and forth and my hand and arm were both screaming for relief and then the game froze and i had to completely shut down my system and reboot to get my computer back. Do you have a fix for this or do I get my double tokens back? This is frustrating beyond words.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 11, 11 2:10 AM
WebsiteBoomzap wrote:
WilJul wrote:
Awwwww, you've let me down, Chris! I checked back on Monday and no new build or any other info regarding same. Now it's Friday and still no new build. Such a disappointment.

My apologies - the new build was posted later than I had thought (which is why we usually don't declare new builds posted here. ) As a few people have mentioned in later posts, the current build that is up should solve most Mac issues we're aware of.

No worries! I wondered if your co-workers were silently calling you names when you announced a fix date! LOL! I just played, and with the exception of minor issues (eg: those sew the kite and trace the key type puzzles almost led to the death of my computer as I came very close to throwing it out the window!) the game played pretty well and was quite enjoyable. Thanks for the quick fix! (I do realize that it was a quick one!)

Hoping the PC side will soon be satisfied as well!

Edited on 09/11/2011 at 2:10:42 AM PST

blu_j_10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by blu_j_10 on Sep 12, 11 1:37 PM
dawnsamjay2071 wrote:As soon as the game is on the loading screen and stops loading , the game shuts down and goes back to GM.
I'm REALLY getting hacked off with the grap BFG are releasing lately..very rarely recently, will i find a HOG that HASN'T got an issue.Disappointed once again!!!!

Having the same issue. Not liking the new GM at all. Can we please go back to the old version until these issues are solved?

Re:Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition technical

[Post New]by scalymoma on Sep 14, 11 5:27 PM
Hey guys, member since Feb, 11 and NO problems up until today . Came by saw Awakening: Goblins and thought it would be nice. Since I had credits, decided to download the CE for the pc. Game loaded and seems to be fine but I noticed NO options to save my game. If I use my own name, the game will play thru chapter 3 then go to black screen with a widdle yellow arrow. Has anyone tested for heap overflows? This game does seem to have issues that other games have not shown. My biggest concern is not being able to save the game and come back at a later time. I would appreciate it if someone could help me resolve this issue. Thank you.

Re:Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition

[Post New]by scalymoma on Sep 14, 11 5:27 PM
Hey guys, member since Feb, 11 and NO problems up until today . Came by saw Awakening: Goblins and thought it would be nice. Since I had credits, decided to download the CE for the pc. Game loaded and seems to be fine but I noticed NO options to save my game. If I use my own name, the game will play thru chapter 3 then go to black screen with a widdle yellow arrow. Has anyone tested for heap overflows? This game does seem to have issues that other games have not shown. My biggest concern is not being able to save the game and come back at a later time. I would appreciate it if someone could help me resolve this issue. Thank you.

[Post New]by fallenkitsune on Sep 14, 11 9:01 PM
After downloading the newest fixed release i still get the partial black screen. I'm not sure what i should do now besides avoid games from this series after this. I cant enjoy a game if i cant see the screen to play it.

[Post New]by ElderThinker on Sep 15, 11 4:02 PM
Technical issue in wise one's hut:
I moved the Moongleam crystal down and it is now "behind" the inventory list. I can't access it but I can see it when I open or close the screen to chat with the wise one. Please advise - great game!
Thanks

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Sep 18, 11 7:00 PM
Well Elder, I am sorry there is no solution posted for your problem. I have the same problem with a tankard in another screen. I had it in my hand so to speak but dropped it and it fell behind the inventory list. Really don't want to start over but I cannot progress without the tankard.
Anyone out there with and answer to our problem???

Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom CE

[Post New]by AlaskaGirl67 on Sep 19, 11 12:48 PM
Healer945 wrote:Ok, I have tried the suggested back and forth while holding down the mouse button, and after 12 minutes it froze the game. I cannot get the bark off the pine tree. It will not work, I have reloaded the game numerous times, tried different names, and have even timed the last time I tried to get it off. Twelve minutes of back and forth and my hand and arm were both screaming for relief and then the game froze and i had to completely shut down my system and reboot to get my computer back. Do you have a fix for this or do I get my double tokens back? This is frustrating beyond words.

I wish there was a way to search this forum. I'm not having any of these issues, game crashing, etc. I seem to have a glitch. I've been able to play the games just fine but now I'm in Chapter 2 and in the Fungal Forest. I've been scraping and scraping the tree bark and nothing is happening (I'm not as patient as Healer, I only did 2 minutes) and now I've lost my Resin Tapping Knife...it just disappeared. Help?! I want to be able to finish this game! I just bought it yesterday!

Edited on 09/19/2011 at 12:53:46 PM PST

[Post New]by ali19lyn on Sep 21, 11 3:27 PM
Everything about this game looks wonderful, but whenever i zoom into one of the puzzles, i cannot get back out without going to the main menu. its a bit frustrating.. i saw two people with the same problem, and the solutions that seemed to work for them haven't for me.. any help?

Morgana33
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Morgana33 on Sep 21, 11 4:46 PM
Played this game on my laptop spec Dell Inspiron 1501 using Windows 7 32bit and works perfectly didn't have to change screen resolution at all, however, it does tend to get a bit choppy in places but I think thats due to my intergrated graphics not being up to the job.
Tried to play on my desktop and no go, I get widescreen resolution for some strange reason and I don't have a widescreen monitor, have tried to change resolution using every single one but the display is distorted ingame. I also tried to use the full screen option and the game shutdown and took me back to game manager.
My computer is upto date with all relevant drivers etc.
computer spec: Phenom Quad core, ATI Radeon HD5700 series 1GB, and 8GB memory, using windows 7 64bit.
I hope boomzap fix these issues asap as I liked the other two very much (which work fine on my desktop) and would like to play this game on my desktop.

[Post New]by volleyheads on Sep 21, 11 4:49 PM
Has anyone figured out how to load the program yet. I did an hour long download after purchase and it's back to Trial. Can't seem to install.

Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Elfinne on Sep 23, 11 4:52 AM
I have purchase this game CE and from start I can't even click on the items I need to click on. I have tried ways but of no use. No matter how i click, i cant get the items. I got a hard time licking to feed the dragon. When able to i was relief as finally able to continue the game and to my horror after moons puzzle on the panel to unlock the generator, I got stuck as being not able to click on the items i am suppose to get inside and whenever i backout and back in again, it shows 2 panel with moon puzzle with one of them unlocking as i go into the screen and still the items inside is as much as dead to get. I have try to uninstall and install a trial version, try using custom cursor, reload and reload the game still clicking more then 30 time on an item does no use.

I am not able to play in window mode as it says my resolution is too small. I am using win xp pro.i dun have problems with the other games i bought frm bfg.

Is there any fix the bug version for this games as i really love the previous 2 edition.

I cant find anyways to get the game to go on as i am stucKK!!

Edited on 09/23/2011 at 5:18:24 AM PST

Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Sep 25, 11 12:50 AM
Elfinne wrote:I have purchase this game CE and from start I can't even click on the items I need to click on. I have tried ways but of no use. No matter how i click, i cant get the items. I got a hard time licking to feed the dragon. When able to i was relief as finally able to continue the game and to my horror after moons puzzle on the panel to unlock the generator, I got stuck as being not able to click on the items i am suppose to get inside and whenever i backout and back in again, it shows 2 panel with moon puzzle with one of them unlocking as i go into the screen and still the items inside is as much as dead to get. I have try to uninstall and install a trial version, try using custom cursor, reload and reload the game still clicking more then 30 time on an item does no use.

I am not able to play in window mode as it says my resolution is too small. I am using win xp pro.i dun have problems with the other games i bought frm bfg.

Is there any fix the bug version for this games as i really love the previous 2 edition.

I cant find anyways to get the game to go on as i am stucKK!!

Hi Elfinne,

I just want you to know that most of the problems you are having are the same ones that MANY other game players are having with this game here at BFG . The game developer, Boomzap, is working hard to make a BIG FIX for this game, as it has many major technical glitches. No one knows yet, when the BIG FIX will be finished and ready for us to try out. Please contact the Customer Service staff, via "Live Chat" or the green envelope (on the right), and let them know about the problems you are having. Best wishes to you!

Rainbow

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Sep 25, 11 12:54 AM
volleyheads wrote:Has anyone figured out how to load the program yet. I did an hour long download after purchase and it's back to Trial. Can't seem to install.

Hi Volleyheads,

The problem you are describing is a common one that dozens of us are having with this game. The developers, Boomzap, as well as BFG Customer Service, are well aware that many of us can't even sign into the game, let alone play it, as it automatically sends us back to the Game Manager, every time we attempt to play it.

It is one of the glitches that they are working on fixing for us, though it's completely unclear just how long it will be before all of the major issues will be fixed. The problem isn't with your computer. It is with the game, unfortunately. Thus, we're all practicing our "patience" skills! LOL

mac_lite
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by mac_lite on Sep 25, 11 4:47 PM
nebulla_69 wrote:I have Win 7 64 bit. The game opens in windowed mode if I try to select full mode it kicks me out of the game. I have tried 5 times and the same thing happens. Every game it seems like something needs to be fiddled with or change.
Not worth the effort

mac_lite
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by mac_lite on Sep 25, 11 4:51 PM
Having the same problem. Can't get it out of the windowed mode. What to play fullscreen. I think when I first loaded the game it came in Full screen but can't swear to it. I don't like playing in the windowed mode. Is there a fix. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game. And if you try to change to the full screen it goes back to the BFgame manager. Bummer.

Please let us know when you are going to fix this.

[Post New]by georgiesg on Oct 2, 11 1:07 PM
dcairns wrote:I am having a terrible time with this game! I click on something and it doesn't work so I have to click to the side of the item or keep searching for the exact spot to make it work. I even tried using a hint and it showed that I should click where I was clicking. At one point it took 5 full minutes to get it to register. Is anyone else having this issue? Definitely wont be buying this one if this cannot be resolved.

Go to: