Re:Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Sep 27, 11 9:07 AM
Hi, Vaidy.

No, of course my feelings didn't get hurt. It just seemed a little rude that's all. And apparently you did see my reply. So you could have just given him the links. There was no reason to duplicate what I already wrote.

No big deal.

Re:Review for Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman Collector's Edition

[Post New]by jandB1026 on Sep 27, 11 10:20 PM
I also do not have the bonus game, only thing under extras are music, screen saver & art. This is really a rip off.

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Sep 29, 11 1:20 AM
Not to start anything up again, but I believe when Sven asked about "SG", he might have been referring to the fact that several posters called the demon/dwarf "SG". I know it confused the heck out of me...

I'm waiting until next month to buy Queen of Spades, so I'm not as familiar with him as some others might be. Is there a reason he was referred to (by more than one poster) as SG?

[Post New]by Ievgen on Sep 29, 11 4:07 AM
Just find The PLAY button in the EXTRAS

jandB1026 wrote:I also do not have the bonus game, only thing under extras are music, screen saver & art. This is really a rip off.

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by rdekker1 on Oct 4, 11 9:32 PM
Loved the first games, and I loved this game.Can't wait for the next one

[Post New]by QualityReviews on Oct 5, 11 5:28 AM
Great game, nice story. It has som saspense moments, so it is always keeping interest on the story. A puzzles are a bit weird, and simple.

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Oct 10, 11 2:08 PM
I really enjoyed this one. It was long, it was complex, it was hard enough to make me work for it without making me feel like the game was going out of its way to frustrate me, most of the voice acting was great, and the graphics were gorgeous.

A couple of reservations: First, some of the hidden-object scenes were really dark, and some items were next to impossible to find. Second, the music was basically imported whole-hat from the previous game. And third, though most of the voice acting was great, whoever did the little girl was absolutely terrible. Annoying as hell and sounded exactly like an adult hamming it up as a scared little girl. Advice to game makers: If you need a child's voice, find a child.

Overall, though, I truly enjoyed playing the game and will be looking for more from this maker.

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Oct 10, 11 2:10 PM
ledheadmelli wrote:Not to start anything up again, but I believe when Sven asked about "SG", he might have been referring to the fact that several posters called the demon/dwarf "SG". I know it confused the heck out of me...

I'm waiting until next month to buy Queen of Spades, so I'm not as familiar with him as some others might be. Is there a reason he was referred to (by more than one poster) as SG?

Yeah, this game is a direct sequel to that one, and the demon is named in it. Also, if you look at the note left at Mr. Garibaldi's shop, it's signed SG.

Henx
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Henx on Oct 19, 11 4:15 PM
5 Stars! I liked it and yes it is not difficult. But I liked the graphics and had fun playing. They do not all have to be super complex.

This one makes logical sense and so is fun to play. I enjoyed it start to finish.

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Oct 21, 11 5:21 PM
I waited and got the standard edition (SE) I thoroughly enjoyed the game despite getting lost a few times. ERS games creates a really interesting series of games and I am always pleased to see them. THANKYOU ERS and Bigfish.
x 5 or more

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on Oct 24, 11 4:36 PM
ember89 wrote:perhaps ERS has fallen into formula gaming, but when you go somewhere for one thing and they have the best one thing and that's why you go there... why seek change?

I'm sure the original poster was referring to McDonald's. I don't think the comparison is valid. While the fries at one restaurant will taste pretty much the same as they will at every other McD restaurant, that doesn't mean they haven't changed over the years in an attempt to make them better. Do you think you could have ordered a breakfast burrito in 1985? Or a Quarter Pounder? Or a premium coffee? Have you ever taken a look at the McD menues in Europe or Asia?

The McDonald's of today looks nothing like it did at its inception, let alone what it looked like a year ago.

There are many chains that tried to emulate the McD success story, but because they never thought beyond the basic burge/fries/coke/shake menu package, they are now out of business

Why seek change? Because that's what expands your customer base. No matter how good the current state of affairs/product might be, if it doesn't change/improve the customer will eventually get bored with it, and stop buying it.

That is what is happening here! ERS may the best at what it does at this point in time. But it has not changed its "menu". In terms of games, years equate to months. ERS has not changed its basic platform in over two years. That's an eternity. People are getting tired of eating it. They, ERS, needs to start looking at upgrading their menu, or they will become another Henry's. (For those of you who aren't old enough to recognize the name, Henry's was one of those who tried to emulate McD, and failed.)

[Post New]by markar13 on Oct 31, 11 9:34 AM
MerryAnne wrote:Another awesome game from ERS.

Everything about it was top notch. Oh, and I loved the music too.

Definitely a grade A + game.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Nov 10, 11 4:42 PM
I finished the demo and promptly bought it. One of the better CE's in awhile. Thanks, BF!

sheepgirl
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by sheepgirl on Nov 13, 11 9:21 AM
Well I thoroughly enjoyed the game until........well lets say I'm one of the '23' brigade.

If this glitch or 'save' point in the game had been fixed internally BEFORE release, then brilliant. Graphics great, well paced, well thought out.

I'll wait in eager anticipation of an unlock code chaps.

Cheers.
One of the 23ers.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Dec 30, 11 12:30 PM
Good game, but it's time to do away with the little Demon. The next game is called Undertaker....doesn't sound like I'm going to be interested in that one. Don't really like dealing with dead bodies.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 8, 12 3:37 PM
After I play the demo the buying the CE was the option, just another great game with great graphics, fantastic HOS and you get what you pay for because it will give you hours of playtime.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Apr 21, 12 11:14 PM
I really like ERS games and have almost all of them. This one however, although had the same great graphics, had too many HOS for my liking. Pretty much one after another. So for that reason, will put this on the 'maybe list'.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Jun 10, 12 10:29 AM
The story is compelling with great voiceovers; beautiful, detailed graphics; and many adventures that engage the player. ER Game Studios really listens to us, the players, and develops their games to the highesat standards. Rarely have I been disappointed. With this story, I felt the Collector's Edition with the Bonus Game was a necessity to bring closure to an outstanding, awesome; memorable; fun game! Thanks to ERS and to BF.

[Post New]by OvrThRainbo on Jun 24, 12 11:38 PM
Was Queen of Spades the first game in the Haunted Legends series? Reviewers often reference a 1st or 2nd game but don't mention these games by title. this is hard for new gamers who want info and also want to play a series in order if possible.

[Post New]by JJeeper on Jun 26, 12 3:47 PM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:
julie421 wrote:Where is the bonus game ?

You can find the bonusgame in the main menue under "extras" (but you can`t click on extras till you bought the game).

Ok, bought the game, finished the game, still no bonus game, no wallpaper till bonus game played. So how do i get bonus game going???? Clicked on extras, still no bonus game.

Edited on 06/26/2012 at 3:51:30 PM PST

Go to: