Welcome to Syberia forum

Gillian8512
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Welcome to Syberia forum

[Post New]by Gillian8512 on Jan 18, 11 11:02 AM
Technical Diffifulties: After learning how to save the game...and getting three (3) black screens and using RegWork to scan and correct over 250 errors, I have uninstalled this game. Plus now for the first time, I seem to be having problems loading other games as well, using a Charter broadband service. FYI

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Feb 3, 11 11:43 AM
Syberia is one of the BEST games, if not the best we've ever played. My husband and I played it together and thoroughly enjoyed it! It took both our minds and thinking power to maneuver through this complex and challenging game. We played it for many hours. The developers did an awesome job with the creative story line, the incredible graphics, and the inspiring music! We found it very important to listen to and integrate the dialogue into the game play. Many of the hints and clues were in the dialogue. This game was a masterpiece with attention to detail at every step. We both had an emotional attachment and involvement with the story, something very rare for us. We're looking forward to Syberia II, and hopefully Syberia III.

GGrannyX7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Keep clicking the red button but nothing happens, why are there no hints. No idea what I'm suppose

[Post New]by GGrannyX7 on Feb 9, 11 12:23 PM
mitchie55 wrote:i can get ABSOLUTELY no where with this game....walk the streets for hours. what's the catch????

[Post New]by aggiebishop on Feb 9, 11 5:29 PM
I must be really stupid, but I cannot get the first document - fax #2 - into the automatons hand. I can get it into the little box in the left bottom corner of the screen, but when I try to put it in his hand it disappears. This is my first attempt at one of these "big" games and already I'm frustrated. I read the walkthrough, which says to click on the fax to place it in his hand, but I still can't get it. My apologies if this question has already been asked and answered. I sure would love some help with the basic functions so I can get started on this game.

Edited on 02/09/2011 at 5:33:07 PM PST

GGrannyX7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by GGrannyX7 on Feb 14, 11 10:55 AM
I'm about ready to unistall this game, only got to where she's suppose to get a fax from her office and can't go any further. Tried it three times, what's up.

GGrannyX7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by GGrannyX7 on Feb 14, 11 12:01 PM
Where do I find the walk through for this game, tied of walking the streets, what do I do next

Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by Shevyron on Feb 14, 11 1:11 PM
Hi Ggrany
I'm feeling your frustration!
i couldn't have got anywhere without a walkthrough, i googled Syberia Walkthrough and got a great walkthrough through G*meboomers.

When putting something into something or giving it too someone, you don't actually pick it up and put it in. Once its in the bottom left corner just move the mouse over where you want to put it and click,

[Post New]by nannyBM on Feb 15, 11 9:35 PM
never played this type of game before cant even get the key at the front desk think i made a big mistake downloading this
what do i do to get key iknow im derrrr

kokiecat2
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by kokiecat2 on Feb 19, 11 11:53 PM
Help please
I cannot get the jacuzzi to warm up to liquify the crystalized honey

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Feb 20, 11 1:41 PM
If you turn the wheel on the pipes near the jacuzzi it makes more steam or something, and if you dip the honey pot in it again it will liquefy

Edited on 02/20/2011 at 1:42:07 PM PST

JAFSLG1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by JAFSLG1 on Feb 24, 11 10:34 AM
Just finished. Haven't played one as good as this since the original Myst & Riven.
Can anyone suggest similar games? I'm about to embark on Syberia 2, but would appreciate any suggestion. I think this one has set the bar pretty high for adventure games: excellent story, superb graphics, and a terrific balance of hints and challenges. After 25 years of absence from gaming, I'm hooked again; but alas ... just a minnow!

[Post New]by greenfish22 on Mar 15, 11 6:21 PM
Syberia is like the best game ever made and Syberia 2 is even better!! I wish companies made more games like these. Beautiful, interesting, great story, I want to visit all the places in the game. I loved it and although I played it may years ago, I still remember almost every scene. It takes time but it is worth it. If you want a quick game this is not for you but if you want a real challenge, this is the one I would highly reccomend.

[Post New]by greenfish22 on Mar 15, 11 6:23 PM
There is a game called Amerzone not on BF but i just loved it and it is a bit similar to Syberia. Also RTR was wonderful. (Return to Ravenhurst)

JAFSLG1 wrote:Just finished. Haven't played one as good as this since the original Myst & Riven.
Can anyone suggest similar games? I'm about to embark on Syberia 2, but would appreciate any suggestion. I think this one has set the bar pretty high for adventure games: excellent story, superb graphics, and a terrific balance of hints and challenges. After 25 years of absence from gaming, I'm hooked again; but alas ... just a minnow!

Edited on 03/15/2011 at 6:29:44 PM PST

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on Mar 23, 11 1:05 PM
So far, I love this game. I usually like spooky games but this one, though not ghoulish is still surreal enough that I am enjoying it.

Kate is continually frustrated by being seemingly the only sane person in a very strange world.

It has some funny technical glitches that make me laugh but I can deal with them.

The graphics and movies are absolutely stunning.

If you like Jewels Verne and steam punk you may like this.

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on Apr 17, 11 11:58 AM
Does Kate Walker look like Mariska Hargitay from the Law and Order Special Victims Unit TV show, or is it the other way around?

d0080b
Stingray
Stingray
5,334 Posts

[Post New]by d0080b on Apr 18, 11 6:32 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game, love the atmosphere, cast of characters are delightful and the story line is engaging. This game taught me to apply my patience.... (again)

Liantara
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Liantara on Apr 20, 11 11:34 AM
What a wonderful game - the whole idea and atmosphere are stunning. A huge world with lots of amazing pictures and things to do.

Loved it but also had to apply a lot of patience

[Post New]by skinnzy on May 21, 11 10:48 PM
Overall, a pretty enjoyable game. Certainly worth the money paid for it!

Concept:
Really enjoyed the whole idea based on advanced and complex automaton's, and an alternate reality built around a world that could exist with them.

Plot:
Believable and engaging, although fairly trite when looked at as a whole.

Art:
Very, very well done. Some truly impressive scenes, especially so in Barrockstadt.

Music:
Wonderful!

Voicework:
Stellar! Apart from a couple of questionable accents, even the long dialogue sections will mostly hold your attention due to great voice acting. And there are some fairly long dialogue sections. To be frank, I did plead with the game to, and I quote, 'For the love of Christ, please shut your ever-spouting pie-hole of verbal vomit' on more than one occasion.

Playability:
So-so. Only one or two puzzles may hang you up for a bit. Otherwise, all is fairly linear and straightforward. Some dialogue sections are frustratingly and unnecessarily long. There are redundant introductory sentences that you will hear over and over again before being able to glean any new information. Interactivity is very low. You will see many beautiful vistas without any options on gathering information about them... but they're still damn pretty!

Challenge:
Fairly low. I do admit that I needed the walkthrough on one occasion, but that was due to my misunderstanding of a particular inventory item rather than being stumped by a puzzle.

Overall:
A well put together game very well worth the 7-8 dollars I spent for it. However, at the games conclusion you are offered the chance to immediately buy Syberia II. I declined, and I am not yet certain whether I will buy it.

Cheers!

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on May 26, 11 8:46 PM
Well, after I downloaded for the third time, and was finally able to save my game, I was much happier. Without a walkthrough, I would never be able to play it. Some scenes are so dark, I overlooked clues until I consulted the walkthrough. For instance: SPOILER AHEAD

[color=#ffffff]In the V. house, when I went into the dark corner, I could not see the lightbulb, which I had to turn on in order to make Momo appear. Also, I would never have known where the mammoth picture was without the walkthrough.

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Jun 2, 11 8:37 PM
I finally finished the game! Again, I say I never could have done it without a walkthrough, and even then, I sometimes turned the wrong way. Sometimes if they said Right or Left, I wasn't sure if they meant my R or L, or Kate's. I did try to go it on my own sometimes. For instance, I figured out by myself how to get the recipe for Helena's cocktail. But the information was given so fast, and wasn't written in Kate's notebook, and I couldn't write fast enough, so I had to get the full recipe from the walkthrough. I would have had to consult it anyway, because I never would have figured out how to turn the crystallized honey into a liquid.

SPOILER ALERT:

I didn't even know there was a Jacuzzi in the hotel, and it probably wouldn't have occurred to me to use it for that purpose.

Go to: