Bomie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Reviews for Azada: In Libro Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Bomie on Nov 25, 11 2:10 PM
Who doesn't love an ERS game? I swear these people create games just my my tastes. I went 20 minutes into the demo and could see they will have me running all over the place. I am not only going to buy it, even as a CE, but I had no idea there were two others as somebody mentioned above. Guess I will have to buy those too.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Nov 25, 11 3:43 PM
I am an avid hog fan. But I decided to give this one a try in the demo. I kind of like it for a change of pace and will probably get it with a pcc or gcc.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Nov 25, 11 6:34 PM
omg
i loved azada one and two but i think three is even better
no H.O. puzzles, but lots of others
cool story and graphics?

[Post New]by lilygirl750 on Nov 26, 11 11:16 AM
Milo13 wrote:BLAH! I noticed the ERS tainted looking graphics in the screenshots, and after I downloaded the demo and saw ERS' name, I groaned.

My first game purchase was the original Azada - really disappointed in the different graphics. They look like pictures in a book rather than tangible 3D surroundings. It looked flat, dull, and boring, which makes it hard to immerse yourself in the gameplay.

I miss the lush and gorgeously rendered Azadas of the past - this one is nothing like them.

I so totally agree with you, Milo! What made the series charming was that fact that they were books rather than the tangible 3D. The other thing that REALLY bothered me was the music! In the 1st and 2nd installments the theme music was mysteriously enchanting. SO good was the music that they ended up in Johnson Wax commercials, which told me after I heard them the first time about 2 years ago on the TV, that the original creators might have moved on or sold out....at least the music. It's a shame, but it has led me to not buy In Libro. I am THAT disappointed.

Edited on 11/26/2011 at 11:21:05 AM PST

karenmusik
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by karenmusik on Nov 26, 11 12:22 PM
Just finished playing Azada 3. I have the other two and this is more of an adventure game. Liked the first one, didn't care as much for the second. This third game is well worth the money - even as a CE.

Three levels of play - casual, advanced and expert. I like this since I can replay later in the tougher levels.
Beautiful graphics
Music is nice
Puzzles are fun - some too easy, some need patience
Not a HOG - but that's fine with me.
The full game is a good length, but the bonus game is a little too short
Nice hint system
No bugs on my system downloading or playing.

[Post New]by prdmom15 on Nov 27, 11 6:11 PM
This is a tough one for me. I loved the other two Azada games and I have spent the last few years patiently waiting for more of the same. By the same I mean I hoped for a continuation of the previous games. This had a totally different tone and theme. On the other hand I can't give it a bad rating because I still enjoyed Azada/Libro. I'm just disappointed that it steered so far from the norm. That being said, if you purchase this game..you will love it.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Nov 27, 11 6:24 PM
Not a bad little game. No HOGs and that was okay by me. Mostly puzzles and logic. Good graphics, and of course, the ending was stupid, as always

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Nov 28, 11 3:16 PM
This was a nice game, graphics were very good, storyline...so-so. It kinda got a little boring towards the end. Maybe I should have waited for the SE. I found myself losing interest in it a few times, had to walk away from it and later try again. I would give it 3 and 1/2 out of 5 's.I did miss not having ANY hidden objects to find, I think maybe that's what made it a little boring for me at times !

appiel
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by appiel on Nov 29, 11 4:29 PM
it is so strange to compare Azada 3 with Azada 1 and 2.
This one is so completely different!
To be honest, i do not like the last one.
It's an average-game.
No time-limits, hints are always available.
I miss the challenge!!!

Love from Holland

bmn5772
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by bmn5772 on Nov 30, 11 8:57 AM
A bit disappointing but bought it anyway. I am still trying to get through it. I liked the other formats better.

[Post New]by Mandinchka on Dec 3, 11 9:04 PM
Sadly, I feel very disappointed by this version of Azada. I bought it without playing the demo, I was so thrilled that it had finally been released, and I regret that purchase.

Unlike many other reviewers, I was looking forward to a real puzzle-only game, and don't like HOs. The joy of the earlier Azada (for me) was the replayable puzzles, and range of different puzzles.

In all honesty, I find the Titus story a waste of time and animation resources. What had set the other Azada games apart was the quality of the puzzles, and the new version is not challenging enough and has far too many cut scenes.

Boring and shallow. A waste of a potentially great brand. Very sad.

Would be willing to try an Azada 4 that was truer to Azada 1...

I Liked the Game!

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Dec 5, 11 5:24 AM
I never played the first 2 installments so I can't make a comparison, but I thought Azada: In Libro CE was a very good game. The best thing about it was that there WERE NO HIDDEN OBJECT SCENES (HOS) AT ALL! Yippee. I hate HOS, so if you hate them too, you'll probably like this game. If you like HOS, this game may not be your cup of tea.

Since others have expressed their preferences, I will express mine. Developers and BFG, please let's have more games like this with no HOS. For those that like them, then just make pure HOS games with one HOS after another. Don't stick those horrible HOS inside an Adventure-type game where they don't belong, just to make the game longer.

This game was really more of an Adventure-type game, which I like. However, I did not consider it a puzzle game. That makes it sound like it's just one puzzle after another and that's not the case at all. It has about the same number of puzzles as a standard HOS game, but without the HOS. You find items throughout the game in the landscape and also in drawers and things of that nature and in Zoom-In scenes.

There were many locations, but not that much going back and forth. There is a lot to see and do. I found the game interesting and fun. Music, sound effects, graphics, and voiceovers were well done. The game also had a clever storyline.

The things I didn't like were that some, but not all, of the puzzles were the same old thing; the Skip Puzzle button seemed to take forever to recharge (about 2 minutes); and when you click on the journal, there is a slight delay before it opens because it shuffles the pages first; but these were minor points.

The main game has an Intro and 3 chapters, but the chapters were long because there is so much to do. It took me about 5 to 5-1/2 hours to complete the game.

The biggest drawback was the Bonus Chapter. That was a rip-off. I finished that in about 25 minutes.

The Strategy Guide is good and remembers your place. The Extras are Music, Screensavers, Wallpapers, and Concept Art. I don't really care about those.

So for those who want to know if it is worth it to pay the price for a CE, the answer is no. I usually like CEs for the Bonus play and the SG. Here, the Bonus was way too short and you don't need the SG because there is a Walkthrough available. Despite that, the game was still fun.

I give the game 2 thumbs up and rate it overall a 9 out of 10 for the main game and a 4 out of 10 for the Bonus.

Edited on 12/05/2011 at 5:32:56 AM PST

[Post New]by sb82403 on Dec 5, 11 10:31 AM
I have only played the demo for a few minutes, but being a big fan of the first two, am not impressed with this one! Why does every game have to be the same? Azada was different. Now it's like all the rest. If something was working (as it is a popular series), why not just follow the same pattern? It would be nice to play games with different concepts. It gets old with every game having the same pattern. Thumbs down for the changes!

[Post New]by KyleKyleKyle on Dec 6, 11 9:56 PM
I loved the first two Azada games and was excited about this third edition. Unfortunately, this is a horrible joke compared to the previous editions. I enjoy puzzle games more than HOGs, so that is not a complaint. What is a complaint is that the puzzles are too easy. The slot machine puzzle near the beginning was solved by random clicking. This happened two more times as I was trying to get a feel for what happens in the puzzles. My biggest complaint is the tasks make no sense in the context of the story. Overall, it is just a bunch of random tasks to get on to the next phase of the story. At the end, in the bonus story, Spoiler alert, you have to get a feather that is in a box, but the handle for the box is frozen outside, ... What? Why? Who stores a feather? Who freezes the handle? Arggh!

To sum up, IMHO, this was a hack job that ruined any credibility for future Azada games.

meme210
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by meme210 on Dec 8, 11 6:40 PM
I am a big fan of Azada and I bought this one as well as the other two, however, although this one had some nice games and nice graphics, it didn't have the same types of Azada puzzles I had grown to love.

[Post New]by ikonjohn on Dec 13, 11 2:22 PM
How soon until this is ported over to the MAC OS environment?

Orome
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Orome on Dec 16, 11 11:16 AM
The game was intrigued, like the graphics! Mini games are original, and tightening ! It's a pity there is no hidden object

Edited on 12/16/2011 at 11:18:25 AM PST

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Dec 17, 11 4:00 PM
was a little disappointed. really loved the first 2 azadas. the 2nd one was the best!

trenardy
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by trenardy on Dec 18, 11 1:52 AM
Bummer

The game was far too short:

I brought the Collectors Edition at about 3pm today for $20.00. I played the whole thing and the bonus game in record time. It only took about four hours all up. I even stopped for dinner in the middle of that too.

It was a very easy game. Normally I am checking the strategy guide or internet walkthrough several times a game, but I only used it once in the whole game to locate the shell in Fire World. Either I am getting better at games or this one was easy. I expect it is the latter.

I prefer the other puzzle format of Azada. Despite playing Azada Ancient Magic a hundred times now, I still find certain games a challenge, especially as the solution is different each time. And I am still only half way through the first Azada; despite owning it for over six months, as I still can’t get past the library, even with the cheat guide.

So although this Libro game had a nice flow, and had fairly easy enjoyable games and gorgeous graphics, there was no real challenge there for me.

Edited on 03/16/2012 at 1:40:07 PM PST

ldevine
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Compare the CE to the SE - is it worth it to buy the CE?

[Post New]by ldevine on Dec 21, 11 6:19 PM
I would like an assessment on whether the bonus game and strategy guide make it worth it to buy the CE of this game. I have bought numerous CE editions and it is about 50-50 on the value of the CE. Now that the SE is out, I am chomping at the bit to buy one or the other. Thanks.

Go to: