roluny
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Reviews for Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition

[Post New]by roluny on Dec 1, 11 11:05 PM
I love sparkles. There. I've said it. Am excited for this game as it sounds like the graphics are great. Will repost after some play time.

[Post New]by alexistg67 on Dec 4, 11 3:33 PM
i need a security key

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Dec 10, 11 1:21 PM
One amoung the few who liked this game. Yes, it did have a totally useless strategy guide...don't even waste time there, but the HINT key helps you move around when you are lost and it recharges OK. The music was very spooky, but I found it went well with the atmosphere of the game. HOGs were a bit repetative but left enough objects to keep you looking. A great deal of moving about....which I find cumbersome in any game and you really needed to keep track of where you were and what inventory items were needed where....that is where the HINT button comes in handy. The game was long and included another game extension. Sort of lost track of who was really "investigating".

Some odd names for **** like "roundabout" for a carousel/merry go round. LOL. Also, I don't mind sparkles...Good grief some people really have odd reactions to games and I like one other am really tired of reading reviews about "sparkles".
Felt I got my money worth unlike some CE games and would recommend.

Edited on 12/10/2011 at 1:29:02 PM PST

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Dec 13, 11 11:25 PM
Overall, I really enjoyed playing this game. Very atmospheric, great hint system, and I loved the look of it. I also like having no voiceovers. I know people differ on this, but I find most voiceovers annoying, especially the ones with fake British accents. The mini-games were challenging without being frustrating, for the most part. I spent several enjoyable hours working the game.

A couple of complaints: First, the electrical puzzle at the mine was incredibly frustrating. I finally skipped it, which I rarely do with mini-games. Second, a few of the h-o scenes cheated. That is, the object you had to find was buried behind another item so you couldn't clearly see it, let alone tell what it was. Added to that were a few misidentifications, like the list telling you to find a vulture when you were supposed to find a gryphon. Bad form. Thirdly, the music and the "I am death" thing got old. Finally, the bonus game didn't seem as well put together as the rest of the game. One of the games, the one in Stella's bedroom floor, glitched on me. I got it looking exactly like the SG said to, but it wouldn't let me pass. Finally had to skip it. Also, the waterfall animation was awful. I got the feeling the bonus game didn't get a good beta testing before release.

As I said, though, I overall enjoyed the game very much. Good storyline, creepy, and very playable.

[Post New]by Thommo57 on Dec 14, 11 4:50 PM
One of the best games I have played. Highly recommended

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Dec 17, 11 9:23 PM
I really enjoyed the demo, and it was the first CE I had purchased in months (even though it was with 2 game club credits). But after playing this game for many days (I play for about an hour at a time), I'm really getting tired of all of the trecking back and forth for just an item or two or one **** scene. Then you have to click through three to six scenes to do something else. A map would have made this a much better game. Also, some of the **** scenes in the house have been visited three or more times, and the same objects have to be found among others. Some of the mini games are different from what I have played before, which makes them much more interesting. The graphics are really great, and it was a treat to have a spooky game that was bright and not dark and shaded in smog. I know a lot of people hate the hand holding, but I don't mind it.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Dec 22, 11 7:21 AM
Fun Factor: 4 1/2 stars
Visual/Sound Quality: 4 1/2 stars
Level of Challenge: 4 1/2 stars
Average Rating: 4 1/2 stars

Pros: Plenty of areas to explore. Variety of puzzles and mini-games.

Cons: Trekking (for those who doesn't like it.) Sparkles.

(This review is based on the game's demo.)

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Dec 28, 11 9:35 AM
I'm not finished yet but I like this game so far. Love the music. Hate the sparkles. I know some people like the glints/sparkles, which is why most game devs give players the option. I don't know why the devs didn't do that here.

[Post New]by Chickydoodle on Dec 30, 11 6:05 AM
I really enjoyed the game. The story was cool, the graphics were beautiful...I liked it. Great imagination in the artists' choices.

I do wish there were voice-overs except for a couple of random ghost voices.

I'm glad I bought the CE since it really allowed closure to the game.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Dec 30, 11 5:34 PM
very good game
great story
excellent graphics
very good H.O. games
puzzles were good

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jan 1, 12 3:47 AM
I really like the storyline in this game as its something different than the usual junk we get. I guess a lot of people didn't care for it but I LOVED it. In fact, this is one of the most entertaining games Ive played in awhile. The only downside for me is that there is no difficulty level!! boo hiss developers! This game would have been a 5/5 if there was a choice of advanced mode. I will wait for the SE because a CE with no voiceovers or choice of difficulty is not worth the extra money but very well done. Very much like this series

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Jan 3, 12 7:11 AM
I really enjoyed this game! It had a good balance of adventure, hidden objects and puzzles and was the perfect level of challenge for what I wanted at the time - not too difficult, but enough thought needed to keep me engaged. The graphics were great, but voices would have made it even better. The game was quite long, with a very well designed bonus chapter. I thought it was worth the CE price - although it would have been nice if the extras were not locked until the game was over - I always dislike it when developers feel the need to do that...

Overall, this was a good one!

[Post New]by bellabubbles1 on Jan 4, 12 9:32 AM
love hidden object games but not impressed with this one. not enough info and very slow moving between scenes. uninstalled after an hour. wasted my money.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 8, 12 8:46 AM
really good game, bonus game concludes the story, muxic is appropriate, story interesting, graphics fabulous

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 8, 12 8:49 AM
bessiegirl wrote:One amoung the few who liked this game. Yes, it did have a totally useless strategy guide...don't even waste time there, but the HINT key helps you move around when you are lost and it recharges OK. The music was very spooky, but I found it went well with the atmosphere of the game. HOGs were a bit repetative but left enough objects to keep you looking. A great deal of moving about....which I find cumbersome in any game and you really needed to keep track of where you were and what inventory items were needed where....that is where the HINT button comes in handy. The game was long and included another game extension. Sort of lost track of who was really "investigating".

Some odd names for **** like "roundabout" for a carousel/merry go round. LOL. Also, I don't mind sparkles...Good grief some people really have odd reactions to games and I like one other am really tired of reading reviews about "sparkles".
Felt I got my money worth unlike some CE games and would recommend.

this is most probably a british dev, as roundabout or merry go round is what we call a carousel

DebN
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by DebN on Jan 8, 12 11:30 AM
I'm stuck in the SE of this game. I only have three items; the lighter, the telescope, and the ax. The hint button takes me to the snake but I don't have the correct item to capture the snake. Can someone help me, please?

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 8, 12 11:34 AM
DebN wrote:I'm stuck in the SE of this game. I only have three items; the lighter, the telescope, and the ax. The hint button takes me to the snake but I don't have the correct item to capture the snake. Can someone help me, please?

Hi DebN,
If you'll look at the forum for the SE game, (you are posting in the CE forum), you'll find that there is a complete walthrough for the game.

Copy and paste this link into your browser:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/haunted-manor-queen-of-death-walkthrough/?npc=social&npv1=eng&npv2=fr&npv3=bfg&npv4=eng&npv5=hauntedmanorqueenofdeathwt&npv6=20111223&npi=engfrbfgenghauntedmanorqueenofdeathwt20111223

Good Luck!

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 9, 12 8:48 AM
Another fabulous game, to play, I didn't not hesitate when it came out I bought it right away, this game have incredible graphics, I played in hard mode and it gave me a challenge and half.

Another BF winner.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Feb 1, 12 9:35 PM
just completed bonus section. i liked this game very much. i think the graphics were outstanding, very sharp and clear. background music was exactly right, and suitably creepy. a first for me, i usually mute them. puzzles ranged from easy to difficult, and hos were just the right amount of difficult on some things, easy on others.
i recommend it if you're a MCF fan, due to level of difficulty. thanks ...

blujeens
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by blujeens on Feb 15, 12 7:23 PM
OK, here's my review of Haunted Manor: Queen of Death CE:

Options: Sound, Music, Full Screen, Custom Cursor. After main game is played, there's a Bonus Game, Sketches, Music and Wallpaper available.

Graphics: Absolutely right on for a haunted house senerio! Not too dark - not too light, but clear and easy to see.

Voices/Sounds/Music: Like many other fishes, I was disappointed to see a game of this high quality without voice-overs, but the sound effects were great. I was extremely pleased with the music that was soooo right for this type of game!

Minis/HOGs: Some of the minigames were a little different from the norm, but I didn't find any of them too difficult. The HOGs were full room junk piles, but I would have liked to have the choice of whether or not I wanted sparkles. However, the sparkles weren't as obtrusive as in some other games.

Game Overall: I wish those fishes put off by sparkles had stuck with the game anyway if they like haunted house games cuz this one was fantastic! I was blown away by the beginning music & the sound of the crows circling the mansion before the game even started! I would have also liked a journal, but despite its drawbacks, I also enjoyed finding one more room, and one more room. True, there was some trekking, but there was always something new around the corner. I found myself swept up into a good storyline. I found it difficult to tear away, but the game is so long that I couldn't possibly finish it in one sitting! I would venture to say I spent at least 7 hours if not longer, and the bonus game was well over another hour. And speaking of the bonus game, although its not totally necessary for an ending, I'm so glad I bought this CE because it gave me a proper ending. I was also thrilled to know I could download this rapturing music! I enjoyed this game, and hope Top Evidence puts out more!

Recommendation: Please, fishes who enjoy haunted games, don't be put off by the HOGS sparkles or unable to download the wallpaper until the main game is played! This one is definitely a must-have for those of you who love adventure! Little fishes should pass on this one!

Out of 5 stars, I give this one:

Go to: