shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Regarding the Mac Release for Escape from Ravenhearst

[Post New]by shorenuf on Mar 25, 12 1:32 PM
bulldog2 wrote:It gets me that BFG can come out with all these SE's that we recently had the CE's for so fast and we can't get this game in either CE or SE. What happened to Top Prioity. I don't think we have ever waited this long for a MCF game.

We waited 7 months for Return to Ravenhearst. It had already gone on sale for the PC side. We were offered it at the sale price when it arrived, but of course it was never a CE. I certainly hope, if we ever see EFR CE, that they compensate us with some kind of incentive.

Honestly, in the meantime, how difficult would it be to offer apologetic updates. We are not children; this is in the end just a game, but such little regard or appreciation for our continued business after the unfortunate debacle with this game is reprehensible. (What I'm really thinking is unprintable.)

bulldog2
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

[Post New]by bulldog2 on Mar 25, 12 5:20 PM
I agree completely, it would be nice if they would let us know what is going on, especially since they don't seem to have a problem with the other games we have gotten lately, making them from CE's to SE's with no problem.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Mar 31, 12 11:44 AM
Headline news…

BFG STUDIOS MANAGES A DUAL RELEASE OF LIFE QUEST 2 FOR MAC AND PC

Amazing. , please tell me again how EFR for Mac is your Top Priority.

Riquelme
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Riquelme on Apr 2, 12 3:45 PM
shorenuf wrote:Headline news…

Lol shorenuf, I guess we think the same about their Top Priority.
I won't be surprised we will never get it.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 5, 12 5:12 PM
Riquelme wrote:
shorenuf wrote:Headline news…

Lol shorenuf, I guess we think the same about their Top Priority.
I won't be surprised we will never get it.

Humor is sometimes the best way to deal with stuff. I actually still get angry when I think about the circumstances surrounding the "release that wasn't" of this game for Mac. I just don't think about it very often anymore.

There is another BFG Studios games that took a long time to get to us -- Azada 3, finally developed by ERS and not worth being called Azada anything. And, one it seems, we will never see -- Hidden Expedition 5. That one I really did expect, but it was never promised. No big deal was made about it's PC release; just another game. I'm curious, but otherwise I don't really care. Dual releases are just not going to happen very often. I can live with that as well.

It galls me, though, that BFG doesn't seem even the least bit embarrassed or responsible, let alone obligated, to fulfill their promise to deliver the Mac version of EFR. It saddens me too, because I know they once cared about more than just being big business.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 14, 12 10:00 AM
Just perfect Big Fish -- don't keep us informed, then put the game on sale for the PC side today.

Honestly -- at this point I would say you should measure good will against profit. Would it have been so terrible to sneak "Pre-release of Escape to Ravenhearst" in the list on the Mac sale page?

Hey -- as much as I resent what went down with EFR, I don't feel stupid taking advantage of the sale and adding to your profits. If I want something and can get it for less, why not? I don't have to like you. But, hello -- if I did you might get more of my business.

So, while you are counting the money you make from Mac players today, I just wish everything about not delivering this game to us bothered you more than it appears.

What ever happened to "in all good conscience"?

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Apr 14, 12 2:30 PM

Yes, is this coming to Mac at all? Do you have a target date even? I'm sure you do - why not share it with us

StarThrower
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by StarThrower on Apr 14, 12 5:16 PM
I, too, find the extensive EFR delay pretty lame (an understatement). It was an MCF game (Prime Suspects?) that encouraged me to join BFG. And I suspect the MCF games are probably top sellers for BFG. But the ridiculous delay for such a highly anticipated game, lack of updates and rubbing our noses in the fact that it's now on sale for PCs, is just too much.

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Apr 15, 12 2:07 AM
I agree that it seems that BF has really left us hanging over this game. What a shame--it was MCF games that brought me here too!

It took 8 months for HE5 to come to the Mac--are we going to have to wait that long for EFR? It's been nearly 5 months already! Since we were told it was being planned as a dual release, I don't understand why it has taken so long? Seems like it should have been nearly ready then.

I also don't understand why we aren't kept up with any news about it--couldn't someone drop in and say "We're nearly done" or "It's still gonna be a month" or SOMETHING?? Wouldn't have to be a daily post, just touching base with your customers would make it a less frustrating wait and make us not feel abandoned.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Apr 15, 12 6:48 AM
With any luck, we'll get the SE just in time for a DD sale. As I understand it, the bonus play is in the middle of the main game on the CE and every time they do this, the bonus play is super short and not worth it. I upgraded to the CE of Dire Grove after playing the SE and was disappointed with it. Same with the last Drawn game. I'll be waiting for the SE whenever we do eventually get it.

But this delay is ridiculous! The only conclusion that can be made is that they knew there was no way this was going to be a dual release and they purposely held back this information for whatever reason. They let us get excited and participate in the speculation thread, and even announced on their FB page it would a dual release. It wasn't until it was leaked by a CUSTOMER who attended the launch party that they admitted it wouldn't be a dual release. BFG has really sunk low on their customer service in regards for their Mac customers.

GRANDMANONNI
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,005 Posts

[Post New]by GRANDMANONNI on Apr 15, 12 7:08 AM
So where's the game? Five months ago we were told it was a top priority and it would be coming soon. Obviously, we were lied to. If you are working on this at all, you must have some idea of when it will be ready. If you are not working on it, have the decency to tell us that. At this point I'm not even sure I would buy the game. The word gross came up a little too often in regards to this game and I don't like gross. I like creepy and scary and odd, but gross is for 10 year old boys.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 16, 12 3:25 PM
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in. Although I don’t have an update on the release of the game, I do want to assure you that our team hasn’t stopped working towards releasing the Mac version.

We’re very sorry for the delay; I do understand this has been a very frustrating situation.

The minute we get word, we’ll let you know.

Thank you.

bfgCimarron

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 16, 12 3:33 PM
bfgCimarron wrote:Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in. Although I don’t have an update on the release of the game, I do want to assure you that our team hasn’t stopped working towards releasing the Mac version.

We’re very sorry for the delay; I do understand this has been a very frustrating situation.

Thank you.

bfgCimarron

bfgCimarron -- Disappointing, but thank you for checking in.

GRANDMANONNI
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,005 Posts

[Post New]by GRANDMANONNI on Apr 17, 12 2:27 PM
bfgCimarron Thank you so much for the update. Please pop in once a month or so.... even if it's just to say "still working on it, no ETA yet". Any news is better than no news.

MommytobeC
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by MommytobeC on Apr 21, 12 10:54 PM
A Date would be nice. Any date.. even if it's June. It's going on 5 months so maybe a mac developer from Big Fish could chime in next time and give us a little more than "I do understand this has been a very frustrating situation". Because 5 months is a smidge more than frustrating.. it's annoying. And I am hoping due to poor customer service with the "dual release" debacle that when you finally release the Mac version you do something extra nice just for the Mac users. Help give us back the bubble of excitement of this game that you created. Big Fish if you believe this game is so wonderful and your proud of it's inception you are hurting your product and your reputation by causing this upset.

bfgCimarron wrote:Hey Everyone,

Thank you.

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by jstwhite on Apr 25, 12 5:12 PM
Something tells me that this particular thread will end tomorrow..............

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 25, 12 6:39 PM
jstwhite wrote:Something tells me that this particular thread will end tomorrow..............

Welcome to the Pond, jstwhite!

I think you might be correct. Are you a Mac / iPad / iDevice user? Come on over and join us at the Mac Gamers Forum!

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Apr 25, 12 9:22 PM
jstwhite wrote:Something tells me that this particular thread will end tomorrow..............

We can hope.

Hondo
Clownfish
Clownfish
588 Posts

[Post New]by Hondo on Apr 26, 12 12:10 AM
Un-stickying now!

Thank you ALL for your patience. We apologize for the longer than anticipated delay, and hope that you all enjoy the game.

Hondo
Community Manager

Edited on 04/26/2012 at 12:14:58 AM PST

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Apr 26, 12 1:12 AM
Thank you I was trying to be very patient and even though the morphing of the objects is a little hard to get used to, I am very pleased. I feel like MAC users should get some kind of incentive for this like I remember there was a contest drawing when it came out for PC users. does that apply to us even though we are 6 months later?

Go to: