govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

Re:Group play for Hotel - all are welcome!

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 20, 12 7:02 AM
The stones must be in the right place as I can no longer look at them. Once I put the stones in and put the lion memento on the altar a light came up. It originally started with it shining straight up. I can no longer look at the stones. That is not an option. There is now a circular counterclockwise arrow next to her and if front of the altar. There is a hand option on the arrow so I click on the arrow which moves the light. Have moved it to every section of that room and with each time it stops I look around the room. Nothing stands out. I must be missing something.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 20, 12 7:23 AM
govols, look at the floor. ** There is a symbol carved into one of the flagstones down by your feet, and that's where the light goes. **

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 20, 12 8:26 AM
Thanks so very much CFG, popla and Rmom for starting these group plays. You have put a lot of time into these GPs and it is certainly very much appreciated. Everyone has been enjoying them and having a lot of fun and many of us haven't been able to play LFGs b/c of their difficulty, but now we can !!! Also, many thanks to all the clever and creative Fishies taking part and taking time to help. They, too, have devoted their time and efforts.

Edited on 02/20/2012 at 8:28:02 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 20, 12 9:28 AM
You are very welcome, marianne I gave you a more extensive answer in our 'hang out' thread.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Feb 20, 12 9:31 AM
Congratulations to all finishers

@govols2...I had the same problem * I went around & around the room with the light for like a dozen times and could not see anything different. Finally and I don't know how, but a symbol was highlighted on the church floor. *

I'm nearing the end i'm *back at the castle ready for a showdown. *

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 20, 12 11:11 AM
Thank you Mr.Russ and sunshinej

I have now made it to the Cleopatra section. I have no idea where to look for the ring. This back and forth thing is annoying and really wanted to slap Arthur when I had to go back for the "heart".

The whole section of this part of the game is kind of surreal. Kind of interesting to.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Feb 20, 12 11:34 AM
I finished the game. I absolutely LOVED IT!
For me this was one of the best LFA games I've ever played. I love the story and overall game play. I didn't want it to end. And it was kinda short. But that means I was enjoying the game so much I didn't want it to end. Alot more fun then "Scratchers".

I do need some explanation about the ending please (SPOILER)

I didn't understand Biggi phone call to her boss in the end? What did it mean when she said goodbye "Sire" and threw the phone over the bridge? What was the meaning of the ending? Was she done with her boss or what? I just didn't understand the ending? Would love your opinion on the ending?

For anyone who hasn't ever played this game...you must. It's one of the best games I've played. IMO

Thank you to Catfish_Girl & Popla for starting this thread and to Mr Russ for all your help. And to everyone for all your help and support.

I'll be checking in RTMI and seeing how it's going. I've already played it. But I really look forward to RTMI 2 and the other group plays. I really appreciate everyone's help and support.

Edited on 02/20/2012 at 11:42:25 AM PST

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Feb 20, 12 11:52 AM
@mariannequilts - You are very welcome. I'm really pleased to hear that you are enjoying the group plays. Also gave more of an answer in the hang out thread.

Congrats on finishing the game LovetoMissLisa!
I'm pleased you have enjoyed this game, some don't like it as they say it is disjointed and doesn't really know what it is trying to do/be but I think it's a really good game. It is much shorter than most LFAs though. Although I have played this game previously I can't help with an explanation right now as I can't really remember the ending! I'll need to finish the game to refresh my memory! You're very welcome and I look forward to seeing you in future group plays. Feel free to pop in during RTMI, if you have already played it, you might be able to help.

Edited on 02/20/2012 at 11:53:09 AM PST

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Feb 20, 12 11:53 AM
I also finished, and have been mulling over the ending.** I think Biggi is annoyed with her boss knowing what was going on, and throwing her into it without telling her...I know I wanted to slap his face! I'm wishing they would do another with the Biggi character; she has a lot of spunk.**
I also really liked the game; it was a good mystery story!
govols2: ** You took the words right out of my mouth...I wanted to slap that King Arthur really really hard! When looking for the ring, have you spoken to Death again?
She will give you a clue to find it. And when you get back to King Arthur again, give him another slap for me!

Edited on 02/20/2012 at 12:24:42 PM PST

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 20, 12 12:20 PM
Hi LovetoMissLisa

Biggi called her boss "sire" at the beginning of the game when he interrupted her vacation. I think she was just being a smarta**. I pretty much agree with alvertis5706's analysis.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 20, 12 12:28 PM
This is relatively easy as LFAs go. I'd give it a 3 on the hardness scale (out of 6).
It serves as a useful primer though.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Feb 20, 12 1:05 PM
Hi hazelize & alvertis5706,

Great point. You both made sense of it for me. Thank you! Even though I didn't understand that part in the game, I still loved it so much. I wish there were more LFA games like this one. Sometime's they can be so hard, you need to be a rocket scientist. LOL

Thanks Catfish_Girl, I was sad to see the game end. I really enjoyed this one. And I will be checking in RTMI forsure.

Keep up the good work to those of you still playing. Don't give up!

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 20, 12 1:09 PM
Woohoo !! I finished. This was a pretty good game. Not really hard but it had some hard moments.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 20, 12 1:32 PM
Congrats to all who have finished!

And thank you all for the kind words on these group plays.

Here is my idea of the ending **Biggi was on vacation when her boss sort of forced her to take this case, I think she just didn't want to talk to him at that moment but just wanted to go back to her holiday. ** But hey that is just my two cents

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 20, 12 1:50 PM
I got the impression that Biggi's boss knew all about what was going on and did not tell her. So Biggi was pretty upset with her boss for putting her threw all that nightmare and drama without any previous knowledge as to what she was in for. After all, she could have been killed !!

Edited on 02/20/2012 at 1:52:15 PM PST

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Feb 20, 12 4:33 PM
I also wonder about Biggi's future, now,** After all, she's a member of their society, now, isn't she? Since her boss was in on it, maybe she would reconcile and they can go on to fight further evil in the world! I'm not really clear about the deal with the "artifact". Is it destroyed now? And what does it's destruction mean ?**

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 20, 12 4:59 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:This is relatively easy as LFAs go. I'd give it a 3 on the hardness scale (out of 6).
It serves as a useful primer though.

I agree, though my experience with LFAs is limited to three, including Hotel. Using Mr._Russ's scale, how would anyone who has already played RtMI rate that game?

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Feb 20, 12 6:54 PM
Congratulation govols2 on finishing the game. Well Done!

Thanks for the input about the ending of the game everyone. I really appreciate it. And you all said pretty much the same thing and it cleared it up for me.

I played RTMI and it was one of the hardest games I've played so far. Alot of back and fourth and not knowing what to do. In fact...RTMI was my first LFA game I ever played. With the exception of "Myst 1 & 2". I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else thinks about RTMI. I think it would be easier for me now that I know how to play these games better. But don't get me wrong...it's hard. IMO But really beautiful. There is a spot that is hard to get past and I'll be joining in with my to help everyone...if I can that is.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Feb 20, 12 8:41 PM
Yay, I finished the game and what a enjoyable game it was.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 21, 12 3:41 AM
A big congrats sunshine.

Edited on 02/21/2012 at 3:42:24 AM PST

Go to: