Group play for Syberia II.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

Re:Group play for Syberia II has started, we welcome more new players!

[Post New]by popla27 on Jan 13, 12 5:15 PM
Thanks for the congrats Bellsprout. Sounds like you are making progress, I got so hopelessly lost in the village for a while, I kept walking around until I saw a screen I remembered and then navigated from there! I so want a youki LOL Kate's expressions and body language always made me laugh when he was being difficult

Bellsprout
Salmon
Salmon
2,692 Posts

[Post New]by Bellsprout on Jan 13, 12 6:23 PM
popla, how much space do you think one would need to keep a youki? Would the fenced yard on a 50x100 ft lot be too small? If I took him to the park every day?

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on Jan 13, 12 6:48 PM
popla...I completely agree with your final thoughts on Syberia. And I would most definitely be willing to play a third installment. I just wonder ** would I miss Oscar too much to enjoy it as much as I did before? What would be amazing (and I know this is probably out there) is if they could somehow bring Oscar back. Now that Hans is with the Mammoths, maybe they could say he has had time to recuperate and regain some of his strength. And that he doesn't need Oscar's body anymore, so he has had time to recreate him for the trip home. ** Anyway, I know this is probably out there, but it's a nice thought.

jboliver, I'm sorry to hear about your car troubles as well. Too bad you don't live close. My dh could diagnose it in just a few minutes. I just asked him about the problem and he says he's never heard of a door lock motor draining a battery before. Of course, that doesn't mean it can't happen. Good luck.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Jan 13, 12 7:03 PM
@fairjuno, I wished you lived close to me too! My husband is experiencing some car problems also. It'll turn over, but it won't start.
So, since I've fixed so many mechanical things in games and now think I'm an expert I think it's his ignition coil. Also using process of elimination.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jan 13, 12 7:48 PM
Congratulations to all of you who have made it to the end. I've made it to the Youkol village and have been walking around in this maze for awhile. I think I'll be able to figure it out when I go through the village a second time. Hopefully I can figure out how to get past those drums so I can see Hans soon.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Jan 13, 12 8:17 PM
LOL Bellsprout, would we have to go to Syberia to find one?! It would seem it's quite the journey

Yes fairjuno ** I think I would miss Oscar too much, they would have to bring him back somehow. It wouldn't feel right with him there. **

Sounds like you are doing well Dialogue, hope you are enjoying the game much as I did. Don't forget we are here if you need any pointers/nudges/hints.

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on Jan 13, 12 8:30 PM
LOL...djrum! I know what you mean. I was watching a movie the other day (can't remember what it was) and there was a scene from up top that made it look like a maze in one of our games. I had to ask myself, is that all I think about? What about the commercial for Hugo. Have you seen that? Awe, it's Oscar. LOL!

I've been around my dh for so long that when I hear someone's car making a weird noise, I almost always know what the problem is. Geez.

I can tell you how to test the ignition if you want. Then again, your dh probably already knows how.

ETA: Unless your husband has a multimeter. That would be the best way to do it.

Edited on 01/13/2012 at 8:37:56 PM PST

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on Jan 13, 12 8:33 PM
popla...Agreed! ** I keep hearing rumors about a third. If it's true, let's just hope they do it right. Honestly, I'd probably be sniffling throughout the game if not. LOL!**

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Jan 13, 12 8:40 PM
I've actually answered "Jeopardy" questions because of playing games. My dh will ask, "how did you know that?"
And I answer him, "I know it because I'm that smart!" lol!!

What commercial for Hugo? I don't think I've seen it yet.

Hi Dialogue, I think I left some coffee in the guest hut. You're more than welcome to have some. You may have to warm it up over one of the campfires. Don't mind the mess, I was stuck in the village for awhile.

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on Jan 13, 12 10:00 PM
I don't know exactly what Hugo is about, but there's some kid, a train and a robot named Hugo. That's all I know.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jan 14, 12 4:43 AM
Congrats to all who have finished the game, I hope you liked it as much as I did!

Picking a new game for a group play will be hard, there are so many to choose from.

I anyone is willing to fill me in about Nvidea card problems and solutions for it, please PM me. I am interested in both options: the windowed mode AND the one that involves doing a roll back to an older driver for certain games, I think it was?

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Jan 14, 12 6:50 AM
I am almost at the end but I'm not sure I want to finish it. I agree with you popla and fairjuno *how could they possibly make a Syberia 3 without Kate's faithful sidekick, Oscar? * I did find it funny *to see a group of killer penguins *. I never thought I would see something like that. I didn't think they had it in them.

@ CFG, I sent a PM about the video fix I use.

Oh well, I'm off to finish.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jan 14, 12 7:10 AM
@jboliver, thanks for the PM
I don't think there will be a Syberia III, the announcement for that game started out as an April's Fool's joke and since then has led a life of its own. With so many people really wanting another sequel there was fuel a plenty to keep the rumour going.
And I agree with you all: * How could we have another Syberia without Oscar, I can't imagine that. Wouldn't want it either, I really grew fond of Oscar *
I had to laugh about your *killer penguin group, that whole part was so unlikely. A penguin would never leave its egg, it would get too cold and penguins don't defend each others eggs. But it was an ending befitting to our nasty villain, however implausible *

Good luck finishing!

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Jan 14, 12 9:00 AM
Well, I just finished! I'm not sure if these final thoughts of mine are spoilers for others, so just in case, *1. I thought Kate tears for Hans were happy ones because he is where he wants to be, 2. I don't think a Syberia 3 was ever in the works because the ending music sounded just like that, a finale and 3. I thought it was cute when the youki had a splayed out back end after raising the gate *.

These were two really great games! This group play helped motivate me to play and finish them. Thanks all and I hope to see you in the next one we pick !

glamma
Clownfish
Clownfish
736 Posts

[Post New]by glamma on Jan 14, 12 9:29 AM
Wandering around the youkol village. Needing to put on my winter coat, all the scenes make me feel very cold. I feel like I have fallen behind everyone. Will try to play a lot today to catch up.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jan 14, 12 9:41 AM
@jboliver Congrats on finishing! I think you are right about * Kate's tears being tears of happiness. The youki was great fun, it rasied the gate and went straight back into hybernation! *

@glamma I hope, despite the cold, you are still enjoying yourself. I think Djrum left coffee in the guest hut, that may raise your spirits. If you are hopelessly stuck or need any help, please let us know. We are ready to help

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 14, 12 9:49 AM
the announcement for that game started out as an April's Fool's joke
No, it didn't. The announcement was mistimed. There's a press release of 17th April to confirm the intent. However, intent is as far as it got.
The fix for all Kheops games (to which Nostradamus, Da Vinci, Path of the Dragon and Mysterious Island belong) is to roll back to 186.18 from the nvidia archives (but you do have to remember to roll forwards again when you have finished).

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Jan 14, 12 10:12 AM
@ Mr. Russ, I just tried to roll back with the video driver you stated and it wouldn't do it. I think I remember reading somewhere that others had the same problem because their video cards were too "new" to roll back "that far".

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Jan 14, 12 10:31 AM
Well, it all sounds to me like a bit of a hassle just to play a game. I've been to the Nvidia site and it all looks very complicated to me.
But then, I'm not techie at all and I should leave things well enough alone.

I have read that Syberia III was supposed to be a PC and console game combined.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jan 14, 12 11:06 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
the announcement for that game started out as an April's Fool's joke
No, it didn't. The announcement was mistimed. There's a press release of 17th April to confirm the intent. However, intent is as far as it got.
The fix for all Kheops games (to which Nostradamus, Da Vinci, Path of the Dragon and Mysterious Island belong) is to roll back to 186.18 from the nvidia archives (but you do have to remember to roll forwards again when you have finished).

Too bad they never realized the game then. I got this information from the forum here, but I might have misread it. http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/29134.page

Could you tell me how to do such a roll back/roll forward, please.
Because I do have a nvidea card and just checked with RtM2 (haven't bought RtM yet) and I do have the problems with the flickering screen.
I have a Nvidea GeForce 9600 GT card.
Any help appreciated.

Go to: