Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

Re:TGT - Coyote`s Tale: Fire and Water

[Post New]by Miern on Feb 1, 09 6:50 PM
gameslvr,
This one isn't as bad as the new Broken Clues. If you want to try a game that, in the immortal words of Glenn Beck, will make "blood shoot out of your eyes", download the trial version of this one!
Happy BFGaming!
M

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Feb 1, 09 6:52 PM
mmaiden,
It lagged for me as well as a lot of others.
M

[Post New]by Nakisskia on Feb 1, 09 7:02 PM
I had all kinds of glitches, hang ups and my computer slowing down.through out the whole demo had to use task manager to leave only got to play about 10 minutes of the actual game

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Feb 2, 09 10:31 AM
TopazMystique wrote:
MoreOver wrote:I played the demo in time mode the last night all the way through the 60 minutes. Didn't buy it then because I wanted to see how all the little fishes felt about it first. After reading the last six pages I decided that I was going to buy it anyway.

So tonight I played the relaxed mode and finished it in about 5 hours. Factor in potty breaks and a trip or two to the frig for cold water.

Did you play both sisters in 5 hours or only one. This is inching it's way toward my BUY NOW list...

I played relaxed mode during those 5 hours. I went back and played the timed mode with no problems other than loosing the voice overs towards the last.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 2, 09 10:34 AM
I finished the game in relaxed mode. It took me more than 5 hours - not sure how much more. I was playing slower than normal to AVOID getting the extra flowers because I didn't want the autohints. I wanted to find as many of the items myself as I could, including the flowers. I only skipped a few of the minigames, and those I at least tried before giving up on. I'm not sure I'll play this a second time; the font is just too small so I have to take it 15 minutes or so at a time or I get eyestrain.

bansama
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by bansama on Feb 3, 09 4:41 AM
For those that have played the game and do like Coyote's stories... which story is your favorite (without spoilers)?

Not a story so much, but I really got a laugh out the god that looked like a crocodile =)

As for feedback, I like the silhouette mechanic and use it as a form of hint system. I'm not so keen on the flowers as I always forget to not click the fifth one, so I keep triggering hints when I don't want them.

The puzzles are good, but perhaps a little too easy for me. Mind you, I did play the demo on relaxed mode so I don't know about the timed mode yet. I also though that some of the puzzles would have replayablility so it'd be nice if they unlocked on the main menu for independant play after completing the game (if they do that already, cool, if not, perhaps for your future games?)

Chances are very good that I will be buying this game soon so I can finally see how it ends =)

[Post New]by tygrelily17 on Feb 9, 09 9:51 PM
tiasnana wrote:I thought this game was a real mess with a lot of glitches. I was playing the timed mode and it was continually hanging up. I only played for about 15 minutes and got so frustrated I didn't even want to finish it. I had to use the task manager to leave the game.
My computer is up to date and I checked to make sure it had everything to necessary to run the game. I've never had this problem with any other game from BF. I sent a note to customer support, so if they do a new version, I'd like to try it again and maybe even buy it. For now, I had too many problems to actually know if it's a good game or not.

[i]

I loved the graphics. story line and mini games. The game just had too many stalls for me. I did complete the game, but it took me several days to finish because of the stalling problem. I wish now that I hadn't bought it. Oh well, the price was right. ~~~~Tygrelily17

abbyD
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by abbyD on Feb 12, 09 11:39 AM
Yes, poodlebear, each level does have a different minigame, so there is variety but not great difficulty. Some of the games were interesting because I've never seen them appear in other bfg games that I've downloaded. Also, the end of the game's story had a surprising little twist.

Strake
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Strake on Feb 14, 09 3:29 AM
Hi, Everyone...

Listen, I bought the game, and this was probably not the best purchase (but I do like the mindless searching during a phone call).

However, by accident I clicked out of a level puzzle (the game asks whether you want to continue the puzzle), and I was automatically moved to the next level. I'd like to go back and complete the stupid puzzle, but it appears that the game has locked me out of that option. (Also, there is no way that I will play the whole thing again just to return to that particular attraction.)

Does anyone know if there is a way to replay a level or puzzle? The game options are no help, and I review the .ini(s)--a work-around was not obvious to me.

Thanks, so much for reading,

S.

Jewels69988
Herring
Herring
364 Posts

[Post New]by Jewels69988 on Feb 14, 09 10:47 AM
ok, someone in here mentioned another good game as "book of legends". Where is this game please?

Qwyn
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Qwyn on Feb 14, 09 8:28 PM
Jewels69988 wrote:ok, someone in here mentioned another good game as "book of legends". Where is this game please?

Here's the link to that game:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/4402/book-of-legends/index.html?src=frmgameimg

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on May 26, 10 1:49 PM
I LOVED this Game! I didn't have any problems with it, and the art is great. I just wish that the story could had been more in depth!

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Apr 29, 11 2:50 PM
I didn't understand the reason for the Max character at all. Coyote in his various forms would have sufficed, IMO. I was playing the demo in the timed mode and never ran out of time for the scenes.

I wasn't even bothering to look at the h0 lists as each new h0 screen came up, I just went through the scene clicking on all the objects I could see and I would usually just whittle down the list to 2 or 3 objects before I actually looked at it. I did like that you could either read the list or look at the images of the objects; that was a very nice feature IMO. I found that some of the items needed multiple clicks before I could remove them from the scene. The puzzles seemed to be easily do-able.

I'm still trying to figure out what Coyote has to do with the Aztec belief system, though - especially since the map of the game seems to place most of the action in the areas of Mexico dominated by the Mayan, not Aztec, civilization.

This is just one of those games that I consider a time-waster; it never really engaged my interest or imagination. Might be good for a DD, but I'm not going to pay full member price for it.

Edited on 04/29/2011 at 2:51:17 PM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Feb 21, 12 12:30 PM
I think the game is worth the 2.99, The reviews give's a limit of 5 hours of play, I did play the Demo and i did enjoy the game..Thx DEV's and BF..

juers777
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by juers777 on Feb 22, 12 1:46 AM
Played the demo yesterday and bought it as daily deal. Perhaps I'm easily pleased but I found the automatic hints stopped after a certain number of levels and as I always play with the sound turned down the voice was unobtrusive. Most of the objects are easy to find and being able to switch between list and picture is a great help when you don't always recognise the word - difference between US and UK. I always play the relaxed version as I am not very quick. Thank you to all who do reviews as I have tried new games that I wouldn't have looked at before and it does give me a much better idea of whether I will like the game as I don't usually get very far with the demo.

Go to: