LOLOVESHOG
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Post any 1 Moment of Time: Silentville technical issues here only

[Post New]by LOLOVESHOG on Jun 17, 12 10:32 AM
lorem wrote:I am getting a runtime error in the Kitchen scene..where you do jigsaw on the fridge...it says float screen not supported?
i am having the same problem.

LRB1129
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by LRB1129 on Jun 17, 12 10:34 AM
I am having the same problem as everyone else is with the magnet on the frig., Did they post an update yet on how to fix??? please??? LOL. I really wanted to finish this game today, I am enjoying playing it. Thanks!!

secondroe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by secondroe on Jun 17, 12 10:43 AM
I get the same error. Hopefully fix is in sometime soon or get some resolution. Happening on the puzzel in the kitchen frigerator.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jun 17, 12 10:49 AM
Well it worked and I was able to finish the game. It is still a glitch though, but I won't bother sending to tech support now. Hopefully they will fix it anyway, as it shouldn't have to be up to the pond to figure out how to work around an error like this. Thanks again to those who did. As for the devs, I loved the penguin game you did earlier and appreciate the effort that went into this one. Looking forward to your next one.

naomi4195
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by naomi4195 on Jun 17, 12 11:34 AM
I am having the same crashing issues on the fridge magnet and the clock at the train station. Please fix this as I was enjoying the game to this point!!!

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Jun 17, 12 11:35 AM
Same problem everyone else is having. Run time error when setting the clock. Bummer, this is a great game! Please fix this.

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Jun 17, 12 11:50 AM
what a shame probably would have been a good game. i can't even get started. all i get is thunder and lightning. clicked all over screen but nothing. did all updates ran dxdiag, re-installed it

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Jun 17, 12 12:18 PM
kathey12 wrote:Possible solution to fridge magnet "floating" and "runtime" errors:

Game crashed with the above errors, same as everyone else after completing the magnet puzzle on the fridge.

I went back into the kitchen and to the stove BEFORE completing the puzzle.
Turn on the stove, and knock the tiles off above the kettle to reveal a safe.
Then go to the table, pick up the puzzle pieces, and complete the puzzle.

When I did the above action, the puzzle was completed successfully, along with the combination shown in the journal. I was able to then open the safe and proceed in the game.
I don't know if this will solve the problem for others, but it did for me.

Thanks,
Kathey

It worked! It worked! Also your solution for the clock.. Thank you! I was able to finish the game thanks to you!

Edited on 06/17/2012 at 12:22:42 PM PST

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Jun 17, 12 12:21 PM
kathey12 wrote:Ok, finished the game.

With regards to the clock error, same as others. It seems that if you play out of sequence, you receive the floating/runtime errors. After I retrieved all items and played in sequence, I was able to complete the game without any further errors.

I created the potion to awaken the man on the bench, then retrieved the "clanger" for the bell. I glued the symbols to the bell, set the clock to 4:05, and then rang the bell three times. Please note that you have to add four (4) times of the white flower. It was hard to determine when viewing the chart.

Thanks,
Kathey

This worked too! Thanks Kathey
It still needs a fix but I was able to finish the game with all your help THANK YOU!

Edited on 06/17/2012 at 12:21:47 PM PST

zandu2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by zandu2 on Jun 17, 12 1:03 PM
1 Moment of Time: Silentville

runtime error in the Kitchen scene, puzzle
on the fridge.

freezes, runtime error on clock at train station..

Hoping for a patch soon..

[Post New]by whirled_peas on Jun 17, 12 1:09 PM
I am having the same issue at the magnet puzzle on fridge in kitchen. Windows does not support floating window. Game crashed once but I was able to keep my Desktop running. Next time it froze completely and I had to do a manual restart. Checking these forums tells me that there is a small glitch that will need an update. Oh well, will have to find something else to play.

ETA: I did the stove "puzzle" - turning it on, flipping switch - tiles break off both times before I did the magnet puzzle. The first time I had the tiles in inventory - the second time I didn't pick them up until after the stove thing. Neither way solved my problem. However, I have not done the bell puzzle, etc. - haven't even found all the mysterious symbols as I recollect - so perhaps those things need to be done before I can continue without crashing. Notwithstanding, I will wait for an update. I find this game too difficult to navigate without all things working properly.

Edited on 06/17/2012 at 1:13:58 PM PST

bevaa72
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by bevaa72 on Jun 17, 12 1:13 PM
I almost finished the magnetic puzzles when I received the runtime error "R6002 - Floating point support not loaded".

[Post New]by willow1777 on Jun 17, 12 1:20 PM
Holy moly!! Had I known of this issue, I wouldn't have bothered to buy this game. I have the exact same one as many others..runtime error after the fridge puzzle. I tried to go to another area (the clock at the railroad station) and got the same error. What a shame!!

Chexmixmonet
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,816 Posts

[Post New]by Chexmixmonet on Jun 17, 12 1:44 PM
lorem wrote:I am amending what I said in last post "floating point support not loaded R6002"Game goes back to desktop after I click ok

Game crashes when I too am at the jigsaw magnetic puzzle.

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Beadfisher on Jun 17, 12 1:52 PM
Downloaded the game. I went to windowed screen, removed special cursor, went back and turned off the Big Fish games manager. the game ran slowly but was intriguing. It took 15 minutes (instead of just 12) to get to the point where the cursor refused to work. HOWEVER, once i was out of the game, the cursor was still behaving strangely.
My drivers are up to date. My mouse is brand new. My computer uses Windows 7. I turn off the PC dock and other TSRs.

It is getting to the point where I don't want to download game demos at all, especially if they are bloated 500KB monsters.

KarlynG
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by KarlynG on Jun 17, 12 2:10 PM
I'm hitting same error at clock and fridge. To make it even more frustrating is that people say if you play in order, no problem, but when I click hint it sends me back to clock. BFG, I have been loyal for a long time, but why would you send out a fun game with a glitch. Please patch. I want to play to relax, not have another challenge in my life dealing with technical issues that I PAID FOR.

[Post New]by seekseek on Jun 17, 12 2:20 PM
lorem wrote:I am getting a runtime error in the Kitchen scene..where you do jigsaw on the fridge...it says float screen not supported?

Add me to the list. Same problem with fridge

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jun 17, 12 2:49 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to swim in and let you know that currently the floating or runtime error is something our team is looking into at the moment and are trying to get solved for you.

We are already looking into it, but if you'd like to get in touch with our Customer Support, it does help us track the issue a little better. Or if you'd like a rep can help you with your purchase if you'd rather not wait on this game:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

In the meantime, as a few others have mentioned, one work around to this area is:

kathey12 wrote:Possible solution to fridge magnet "floating" and "runtime" errors:

Game crashed with the above errors, same as everyone else after completing the magnet puzzle on the fridge.

I went back into the kitchen and to the stove BEFORE completing the puzzle.
Turn on the stove, and knock the tiles off above the kettle to reveal a safe.
Then go to the table, pick up the puzzle pieces, and complete the puzzle.

When I did the above action, the puzzle was completed successfully, along with the combination shown in the journal. I was able to then open the safe and proceed in the game.
I don't know if this will solve the problem for others, but it did for me.

Thanks,
Kathey

Thank you!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by Fjorddaughter on Jun 17, 12 2:50 PM
I am having the same problem. Very annoying!!

whirled_peas wrote:I am having the same issue at the magnet puzzle on fridge in kitchen. Windows does not support floating window. Game crashed once but I was able to keep my Desktop running. Next time it froze completely and I had to do a manual restart. Checking these forums tells me that there is a small glitch that will need an update. Oh well, will have to find something else to play.

ETA: I did the stove "puzzle" - turning it on, flipping switch - tiles break off both times before I did the magnet puzzle. The first time I had the tiles in inventory - the second time I didn't pick them up until after the stove thing. Neither way solved my problem. However, I have not done the bell puzzle, etc. - haven't even found all the mysterious symbols as I recollect - so perhaps those things need to be done before I can continue without crashing. Notwithstanding, I will wait for an update. I find this game too difficult to navigate without all things working properly.

Soobiedoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Soobiedoo on Jun 17, 12 3:29 PM
Same dealio here, fishies. I finish the fridge magnet scene and everything freezes up. I have to Cntrl-Alt-Del to get out, since it justs won't respond anywhere. Fun times. BFG, this game needs a tweak.

Go to: