Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Art of Murder: FBI Confidential group play starting 1st September. All welcome to join

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 4, 12 2:16 PM
Looking forward to the sequels.
You'll find my footprints all over the Hunt for the Puppeteer forum. It's a great game and I look forward to playing and assisting.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

Re:Art of Murder: FBI Confidential group play starting 1st September. All welcome to join

[Post New]by luvtoread on Sep 4, 12 4:36 PM
FINALLY FINISHED IT I got into it the most when she
went to Peru. Really like Diego, cause a man that wants to
feed you good food just melts my heart.
Then her journey into jungle...wow, loved the scenery.

I have to give credit to Nick: He may not have been there to
travel all over with her, but he was there when she needed him
the most

I was curious. Did anybody who finished lose sound at the end?
I could read what they were saying, but that was all.

Anyway, glad I finished it, even tho parts made me cranky.

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Sep 4, 12 4:48 PM
Congratulations Luvtoread finishing the game

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 4, 12 4:50 PM
congratulations luvtorread It took me ages to get into it as well, I enjoyed the parts you did as well.

Edited on 09/04/2012 at 5:27:24 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 4, 12 5:03 PM
Mr Russ - I do apologise for my rambling thoughts and also my not well written post as I know you like well written things so thanks for trying to make sense of it! But thanks to your excellent synposis of plot I realised I had been following it but ** thought at the very end I must not have and then was wondering if the wife was the same as the woman that was killed years ago as it made no sense to me the motivation. (I know it's not)

If as Ruth said, that he was a broken man and changed after his wife died he must have loved his wife very much. So as he did love his wife that much, I don't see how suddenly he becomes motivated to do something about his first other love - that made no sense to me. That was his motivation as he said to the other guy at the end something along the lines of "you all had to pay for what you did (leaving) to the girl" and he seemed so driven by her.

If it was motivated by anything else other than to revenge his first love it would have rang true with me, the death of his wife pushed him over the edge but not this.

I watch so many cop shows where the boss wants them off the case for various reasons so didn't think that was suspicious and when he covered the microphone I thought he was threatening the suspect and didn't want it recorded, so didn't guess.

[Post New]by TideWaters on Sep 4, 12 5:14 PM
CONGRATULATIONS LUVTOREAD AND GINGERGAL!!! Glad you were finally able to get into the game because it was well done!!!\\

Tide

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Sep 5, 12 4:49 AM
Congrats to all finishers! YAY

I am miles behind, still at day 2 I think have to go check the game again and see exactly were I am

A little side note, I am real happy that you are all so eager and organizing other unofficial group plays But could you please do the organizing and setting up new group plays in the Adventurous Fish thread and leave this thread for AoM only? That'll make this thread a lot easier to read for other players of this particular game

Edited on 09/05/2012 at 5:59:08 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 5, 12 6:51 AM
gingergal, there's something wrong in my synopsis. Correcting it may help you.
What's wrong is when Huaquero killed Fairbanks. It wasn't 20 years ago, it was now. Following on from that, the death of Chaser's wife is the context (raising the threshold) and the body of Fairbanks is the trigger. **

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Sep 5, 12 7:26 AM
Mr_Russ, You just hit the Nail on it's head, You are right, that must have been the trigger

One thing I suddenly remember and found very funny is, the Hotel owner Diego said that He wouldn't call the "Carabineri" because they wouldn't do anything ** when Juan stole His Jeep **

Carabineri in Peru They are Italian Police, don't know how it is today, but My Father who was from Genova told Me once, that to be a Carabineri, You first have to be Sicilian and second they have to show that 4 generation are Crime-Free, so they are UN-Corruptible, My Father hated them, 'cause He could never pay them of

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Sep 5, 12 11:16 AM
YAY made it into day 3, slow but steady progress

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on Sep 5, 12 12:01 PM
Wow put in a heavy shift today and I'm now in Peru on target to finish tomorrow. It does get better as you progress. Do you ever meet Nick or is he a figment of someone's imagination Extra curious as that's my DS's name.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 5, 12 12:49 PM
Nick is definitely real.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 5, 12 6:05 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:gingergal, there's something wrong in my synopsis. Correcting it may help you.
What's wrong is when Huaquero killed Fairbanks. It wasn't 20 years ago, it was now. Following on from that, the death of Chaser's wife is the context (raising the threshold) and the body of Fairbanks is the trigger. **

Ah, yes it does make sense now. Thanks.

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on Sep 6, 12 12:35 AM
Finished. Can't say I really liked this one. Excellent graphics, sound and voice acting, but the story never intrigued me. I wanted to like Nicole, but never found her very interesting or endearing.

Maybe playing two games in a row by Benoit Sokol has spoiled me!

Like Gingergal, maybe I've watched too many cop shows, but I saw the ending a long way off.

Sometimes the game was laugh out loud funny, but I'm not sure it was intentional.
In Peru, when Nicole crashed the jeep and was thrown out onto the rocks, then the next scene, exclaims "It's so beautiful here. I'm really glad I came!"

Mr_Russ, I'd still be trying to stack amphorae if it wasn't for your posts. Thanks!

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Sep 6, 12 1:55 AM
I need help please I already looked on UHS and no help there...I am having trouble giving the money to Jose for the jeep. Bonnett says I just leave it under this thing here. Jose says okay if you prefer cold metal. What is this thing she is talking about? I can't seem to find it. The only hotspot I can find is Jose himself. Thanks.

Congratulations to luvtoread and Aquatic on finishing

Edited on 09/06/2012 at 1:57:36 AM PST

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on Sep 6, 12 2:14 AM
Good Morning Sunshine!

Look over by ** the garage door. You're looking for a round metal piece-- a bearing.
Nicole can use it to weight down the money on the bench. She doesn't want to stick her hand in his pocket!

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Sep 6, 12 3:42 AM
Thanks Aquatic and Good Morning to you too.
I found the bearing where you said it would be and finally was able to give him the money. I never had so much trouble giving someone money before

Edited on 09/06/2012 at 3:48:11 AM PST

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on Sep 6, 12 5:23 AM
Well I finished. It did get better but I agree it was hard to take much interest in the characters. They were all so unpleasant.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 6, 12 6:38 AM
congratulations aquatic and yve on finishing. Wasn't loving the characters either, it did get better the game by the end but wasn't loving it. As the next one is supposed to be better maybe I'll warm up better to the whole game.

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Sep 6, 12 1:06 PM
Congratulations Aquatic and yve finishing the game

Go to: