BUBrutus
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

Re:Serpent of Isis - BF, don't hide your "Aces"!

[Post New]by BUBrutus on Feb 28, 09 9:22 AM
I just started to play the demo. I like it a lot so far
A game like RTR only comes out a few times a year, mores the pity

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Feb 28, 09 11:25 AM
Hey all,

We now have an official Serpent of Isis forum, so I'm moving this over there.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Feb 28, 09 11:30 AM
Did the demo and sort of liked tthe game, so bought it, only to wish I didn't. More and more areas are soooo dark and items so small (and those sections don't use the flashlight).

Waste of game credit so far.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Feb 28, 09 11:32 AM
Loved it, bought it finished it Will play again, great game

lori1969
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lori1969 on Feb 28, 09 11:48 AM
I love this game I used a game credit and it is worth it. Yes it is dark and objects are small but that make it even more challenging...

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Feb 28, 09 12:12 PM
A trick I learned a while back to find objects hidden in dark areas. With my CRT monitor, I would stand up or move to the side and the lights reflected into the dark areas. With my flat screen, I reach up and tilt it toward me. I find a lot more objects hidden in the dark more quickly.

[Post New]by goldenpixie1 on Feb 28, 09 1:32 PM
I'm loving this game!

Not too easy, not too hard.

There are a couple of things that are very small...but that's when I use a hint.

As someone else said, for things in the dark (like on a ceiling), I tilt my flat screen monitor towards me and that lightens up the whole view.

A very enjoyable game...I hope there's a sequel in the works!!!

jmsjws
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by jmsjws on Feb 28, 09 1:45 PM
Has anyone else had the problem of too many items in inventory. They doubled up and I can't get the coin to make phone call for other gem because it's on top of the suspects.

[Post New]by Suzetta143 on Feb 28, 09 4:26 PM
I am really enjoying this game but for some reason it won't let me enter the Clock Tower - I have already completed all the other locations within that level but when I try to enter the last (Clock Tower) it tells me that I need to search the other sights first. Anyone having this problem with this level?

Edited on 03/01/2009 at 9:37:47 PM PST

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Feb 28, 09 7:11 PM
MoreOver wrote:A trick I learned a while back to find objects hidden in dark areas. With my CRT monitor, I would stand up or move to the side and the lights reflected into the dark areas. With my flat screen, I reach up and tilt it toward me. I find a lot more objects hidden in the dark more quickly.

Thanks for this tip, it really helped a lot. Before reading this, I was sticking my face up close to the screen and twisting my neck around trying to get a better angle! LOL!

gapalms
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

~!

[Post New]by gapalms on Feb 28, 09 7:17 PM
goldenpixie1 wrote:I'm loving this game!

Not too easy, not too hard.

There are a couple of things that are very small...but that's when I use a hint.

As someone else said, for things in the dark (like on a ceiling), I tilt my flat screen monitor towards me and that lightens up the whole view.

A very enjoyable game...I hope there's a sequel in the works!!!

Ditto! Tilting works (most times) and hints as last resort. Eyestrain is a given!

Definitely a sequel...hoping!

Great Game BF!

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Feb 28, 09 11:09 PM
This is a FANTASTIC game! I can't remember the last time I put in so many hours straight on a game, playing and replaying. And a huge THANK YOU to for the walkthrough you posted!

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Mar 1, 09 1:37 PM
BinLA wrote:Thanks for this tip, it really helped a lot. Before reading this, I was sticking my face up close to the screen and twisting my neck around trying to get a better angle! LOL!

You're welcome. I sometimes think they do it intentionally but I think it's just mean to hide things where they can't possibly be found. Like, what's the point? I always set a goal of going through the entire game without once using a hint. It makes me angry that developers put objects in places that nobody can find them. How rude!

ruby_leo
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

[Post New]by ruby_leo on Mar 1, 09 8:09 PM
This enjoyed this game, I can't wait for the next one. Finished it in about five hours! Loved it!

Edited on 03/01/2009 at 8:09:54 PM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 1, 09 9:04 PM
Only 5 hours? I bought it the first day, and I just reached Paris. of course, I've been working this weekend too, but still.... OTOH I have over 40 hints saved up. I've been trying to find all the items without using hints, and trying to solve the puzzles without the walkthrough.

redrose1940
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by redrose1940 on Mar 2, 09 2:42 AM
char1132 wrote:i must be blind or something i CANNOT find one of the I for the SIRIUS in the walkthrough they messed up and put both of the other one WHICH I HAD NO PROBLEM WITH. HELP PLEASE

The last "I" for SIRIUS is on the Drawbridge in the middle of the screen. Look up high in the middle of bridge. Look carefully since I missed it the first time.

Good Luck!

redrose1940
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by redrose1940 on Mar 2, 09 2:43 AM
scotcat wrote:
BinLA wrote:
phatkhat wrote:Oh, dear. I guess I am the only one here who isn't impressed. I played about half an hour, and just didn't find it that interesting. Certainly not up to all the hype. I am still anxiously awaiting the new Women's Murder Club. Hopefully it will be a winner!

I also hope that BF gets Annabel and Clockwork Man...

I played the new Woman's Murder Club and thought it was boring. In one hour, I finished half the game. One example of an investigation is that she's standing in front of a troop of cadets asking them questions. After she asks the question, you have to look to see which cadet fidgets or clears his throat, then click on him to get an answer. That goes on for about 10 questions. Then that's the end of that investigation. Ugh. The rest weren't much better than that.

Same here. I was hoping they would improve the 2nd Women's Murder Club, but they didn't. I think it acutally got worse. I remember the questioning the cadets scene and thought . I think (just from the demo's) that Serpent Of Isis is more to my liking.

redrose1940
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by redrose1940 on Mar 2, 09 2:53 AM
I too got some what bored with the
Woman's Club - Darker Shade of Gray.
They came back with an easier game for us to play and in doing so, made it t o o easy. The labs scenes were shorten this time which to me made it easier to enjoy,

I did like the modern looks all four women received in this game. They looked more natural and so much more attractive this time around. The game went to fast. I was disappointed in the ending.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 2, 09 5:50 AM
Suzetta143 wrote:I am really enjoying this game but for some reason it won't let me enter the Clock Tower - I have already completed all the other locations within that level but when I try to enter the last (Clock Tower) it tells me that I need to search the other sights first. Anyone having this problem with this level?

You need to have all 4 gold statues in your inventory to get into the clock tower, at least to the second level where there is a mini game.

If you still have a pyramid key in your inventory, go back to the Magician's wagon and make sure you completed that pyramid puzzle on the left. The other pyramid puzzle is in the museum, off to the right side. One of those puzzles will give you the 4th gold statue, and then you can go to the clock tower.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 2, 09 7:43 AM
And if you still have the two paperweights in your inventory, I think those need to be used in the magician's wagon as well (on the table) to get a statue.

Edited on 03/02/2009 at 7:44:00 AM PST

Go to: