Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by chernabog on Mar 26, 13 2:03 PM
I am stuck at the scene where I am told that this is one of Cassandra's pictures where the warden crashed. How do I get past this part?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 28, 13 9:58 PM
chernabog wrote:I am stuck at the scene where I am told that this is one of Cassandra's pictures where the warden crashed. How do I get past this part?

Hi chernabog! Welcome to the pond!
I'm sorry I'm not quite clear on how exactly you're stuck. Are you trying to match one of Cassandra's pictures to a location at the truck crash site? If you want to provide a little more information, perhaps we can help you.
You can also check out the walkthrough here on BFG, just copy and paste the URL below:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/walkthrough/mystery-case-files-shadow-lake-walkthrough/#8

[Post New]by pzzlqn on Apr 7, 13 5:18 PM
how do i take the picture of the sand castle i have tried everything and i can not get it to work. somebody please help me. ty

[Post New]by islekate on Apr 20, 13 4:40 PM
Wow, wow, wow!!! What a huge disappointment! I was thrilled to play another MCF game and this was such a wast of time. The HOs were waay too easy. I didn't even have to look at the list and just started clicking. Waaay too predictable and the puzzles were either easy or annoying. Overall, super boring! I REALLY hope your next game is up to par. Big let down.

Edited on 04/20/2013 at 4:40:59 PM PST

davidvsautism
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by davidvsautism on Apr 24, 13 5:49 PM
Please help. I played the demo then purchased the game. My game center says its activated but when I click on it it looks like it is going to open but never does.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 26, 13 3:59 AM
Hi islekate,

Welcome to the Pond!

I'm sorry to see that you have had this trouble.

When a game fails to open correctly, it normally indicates that the game and computer are not communicating with one another as well as they could.

The best way of remedying that, is to have a look at the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

If those steps don't work or you would like some help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by kamlani on Apr 28, 13 5:47 AM
islekate wrote:Wow, wow, wow!!! What a huge disappointment! I was thrilled to play another MCF game and this was such a wast of time. The HOs were waay too easy. I didn't even have to look at the list and just started clicking. Waaay too predictable and the puzzles were either easy or annoying. Overall, super boring! I REALLY hope your next game is up to par. Big let down.

I also agree on this part. The puzzles were way too easy and predictable after having solved such hard puzzles from the last MCF game. But the graphics were too good. In next MCF game, i plea to the creators to develop even hard puzzles.

[Post New]by moonhunter13 on Jun 22, 13 1:08 AM
The game was decent but the best of the series is Dire Grove...I love LOVE Nancy Drew games, because they don't lead you around, there are no darn sparkles, it is hard, a challenge (curse of blackmoor manor took like a week to finish) I found Dire Grove to be the most challenging and definitely the most fun....PLEASE make another one like, same format, no help, and just change the location, and I would love to see a game where the villain actually chases us and we have to book it to get away, I love being locked in somewhere , times running out, I LOVED Dire Grove and would really like to see another. I find with EFR and Shadow Lake the games are trying to be too creepy and too mechanical, weird robot mannequins like the puppet series...I truly believe Dire Grove is the fav for all so give us some more thanks!! Keep up the good work

[Post New]by moonhunter13 on Jun 22, 13 1:14 AM
I also agree with those who say EFR and Shadow Lake were just too easy, too repetitive, I want a challenge if not I will play some silly hidden object series. I am serious when I say to the creators play a Nancy Drew game like Shadow Ranch, Captive Curse or the new one Ghost of Thornton Hall, they are the perfect mix of suspense, creepy, challenging puzzles and beautiful graphics. I want the villain to be a mystery, even a game where you have to guess who it is, don't make it so obvious, and give us some DIRE consequences if we fudge up, the more you challenge us the more we will eat these games up...thanks )

seaside2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by seaside2 on Jun 22, 13 6:17 AM
Pepper010 wrote:
OnWisconsin wrote:I can't get the safe opening. I am using the numbers from the license (3 numbers), then the number next to Daddys that is circles, and the apt. number. Won't open.

Can yo tell me what I am missing??

You need to use the letters from the license plate, not the numbers.

seaside2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by seaside2 on Jun 22, 13 6:18 AM
Thank you so much. Will try this. Could not find this tip anywhere else.

[Post New]by Coul10 on Aug 7, 13 10:37 AM
I can't seem to find one side of the badge. I got one from the extra spot in the Sheriff's office but where is the other? Any help would be appreciated!!!

[Post New]by morradichi on Nov 21, 13 8:32 AM
There's a lot of negative posts about this game. I think BF have set themselves a high standard and it's tough to be be consistent all the time. You should expect a few dips in quality now and then, but the games are always enjoyable in my opinion. Even if some games do not quite match up to others, MCF are streets ahead of competitors and I'll always buy any new releases if I see them.

Having said that, I was enjoying playing this Mac version of the game last night right up until it froze after handing in the library drawings. I've reinstalled, changed the screen resolution, made sure Flash and shockwave are up to date, restarted, restarted again, started all over again and no matter what I do it freezes at this same spot every time. I've posted it in the technical issues section and am still waiting for a reply. I'd really love to be able to finish this game but right now I don't know if that's going to be possible.

Dips in quality of the game I can live with, but technical issues that aren't resolved I've no patience for.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 23, 13 1:07 AM
morradichi wrote:There's a lot of negative posts about this game. I think BF have set themselves a high standard and it's tough to be be consistent all the time. You should expect a few dips in quality now and then, but the games are always enjoyable in my opinion. Even if some games do not quite match up to others, MCF are streets ahead of competitors and I'll always buy any new releases if I see them.

Having said that, I was enjoying playing this Mac version of the game last night right up until it froze after handing in the library drawings. I've reinstalled, changed the screen resolution, made sure Flash and shockwave are up to date, restarted, restarted again, started all over again and no matter what I do it freezes at this same spot every time. I've posted it in the technical issues section and am still waiting for a reply. I'd really love to be able to finish this game but right now I don't know if that's going to be possible.

Dips in quality of the game I can live with, but technical issues that aren't resolved I've no patience for.
Sorry you're having this trouble, morradichi. But you are more likely to get a response by contacting tech support directly. Go to the bottom of this page and click on "Get Help>Customer Support", then when you get to the next page, look near the bottom of the left hand column for "Still need help? Contact us" and click on that.

[Post New]by Tootsiemsw on Sep 28, 14 10:45 PM
Hi, I am a huge MCF fan. Really enjoy Ravenhearst, Dire Grove, 13th Skull, but this game is a real let down. To repetitive, To much talk from the so-called psychic and too much occult stuff, don't like that. I'm sorry I bought it.

[Post New]by Kikimorra on Feb 16, 15 2:02 PM
I hated the map. It only takes you to the beginning locations, and then you have to walk from there. I'm used to getting around in one click. I live in a big city and I get enough commuting in real life, thank you very much.

Go to: