Anu89
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by Anu89 on Oct 28, 13 1:09 AM
Isn't the saloon from the pro pack an attraction? Then why doesn't it show in my achievments (the skull)?

[Post New]by LilFi12345 on Oct 28, 13 3:18 AM
Thanks tech Leesa. I was afraid of reinstalling the game in case I lost progress but it's all there and game working fine now. Thanks!

[Post New]by Darkmanorruby on Oct 28, 13 2:52 PM
I play DM on an iPad and have had very few problems, but this morning I was checking my gifts and saw I had quite a few energy gifts of varying amounts. When I returned to accept a few they had all gone down to "1" bolt from each gifter. I haven't accepted these as I hope we can resolve this and return them to their correct value. Thanks so much for your help.

doofus09
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by doofus09 on Oct 28, 13 7:14 PM
The beat your high score quest refuses to clear. My son's game had a 1M score to beat. He did a 2.5m which did not clear the quest. Upon restart, the quest said to beat 2.5M! So we did a 2.6M. Another restart and now the quest is to beat 2.6m! Will it never end?!

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Oct 28, 13 10:12 PM
G'day,

Dropping by to let you know that the high scores quest mentioned in this thread will be sent along for further investigation.

More news as we have it.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Edited on 10/28/2013 at 10:13:21 PM PST

mdamlady
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mdamlady on Oct 28, 13 10:53 PM
I have the same problem as all the others with the Lava Pit and the Lemonade stand - no pay out!! On the lemonade stand I get the silver icon breifly, but it disappears as quickly. On the Lava Pit; nothing since I bought it!!

Has this been fixed? I hate to go thru all 8 pages to find out what I must do as I've spent a small fortune on this game so far!!

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 29, 13 10:06 AM
Darkmanorruby wrote:I play DM on an iPad and have had very few problems, but this morning I was checking my gifts and saw I had quite a few energy gifts of varying amounts. When I returned to accept a few they had all gone down to "1" bolt from each gifter. I haven't accepted these as I hope we can resolve this and return them to their correct value. Thanks so much for your help.

If you already have close to 100 in energy, the gift values drop accordingly. Once you play a few scenes and your energy goes down, the gifts should return to their correct value. And this will continue to happen every time you get closer to 100 so don't be alarmed by this...

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Oct 29, 13 11:08 AM
G'day,

I have some updates!

Our team has trapped the gremlin that has caused the quests to get stuck.
After some intense questioning he's revealed his secrets...wait no.
We've pinpointed the cause and you should find that your quests are unstuck very soon.

We are still looking into the issues with items and attractions, I'll definitely post further updates as I have them.

bfgMurrumbidgee

nekonyu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by nekonyu on Oct 29, 13 11:25 AM
Just went to log in and clicked on the ENTER button then it was slow, which is semi-normal, it showed me the daily bonus which I was expecting but then it seemed to freeze. This kicked in an 'uh-oh' moment as when this has happened before when I'm playing or trying to start the game it might freeze and it ends up with an error violation message of some sort. Now in the past it isn't a big deal since it's never when something is going on like mid-scene. However, this time, it ended up costing me my daily bonus I went back in like I normally would and it just went to the screen of my home, completely bypassing the daily bonus which mysteriously poofed. Is there any way to get this back at all? How do I deal/get rid of that error thing so I don't have it at ever again? Thanks for any help/advice in advance.

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Oct 29, 13 10:42 PM
I have encountered a new problem that has happened several times today. After I have finished a quest and have spun the wheel, suddenly my screen goes black and the only thing showing is a trail of juju hats and my xp and silver amounts. I have to "Ctrl, Alt, Delete" and invoke the task manager to get out of the game.This only happens when I have had the game going for awhile and has never happened before today.
I have sent in a CS request, but wondered if this was happening to anyone else.

Audrey

Edit: This happened again just now after restarting my computer and going straight to the game with no other programs open.

Edited on 10/29/2013 at 10:56:01 PM PST

[Post New]by CRYSTALGIRL66 on Oct 30, 13 10:08 AM
The Halloween Sale banner has just appeared right across the top of my screen and frozen the whole programme. I had to bring up the task manager (yet again) to get out of the programme. I was already aware of the sale from the small announcement under the gold button, so this large announcement was no help at all. Sorry BFG.

Soobiedoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Soobiedoo on Oct 30, 13 2:05 PM
doofus09 wrote:The beat your high score quest refuses to clear. My son's game had a 1M score to beat. He did a 2.5m which did not clear the quest. Upon restart, the quest said to beat 2.5M! So we did a 2.6M. Another restart and now the quest is to beat 2.6m! Will it never end?!

Me, too, Doofus09. It's frustrating, isn't it? I (should have) cleared my high score for the museum on the weekend, but the game updated and replaced my old high score with my new high score for that scene. I have persevered since then to outdo myself, so to speak. Having finally accomplished it, I was somewhat disconcerted to find that this particular challenge was not off my list. Yikes! I don't think I can get any better than I have without losing my mind.

galotter
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by galotter on Oct 31, 13 8:38 AM
This morning, Dark Manor did not identify an internet connection (which was working fine with my browser). then, the screen froze with just the Dark Manor logo (no loading graphic). This happened several times, despite a system restart, uninstall and reinstall repeated a few times.
No can play.
I have checked the usual culprit (my anti virus software) and have made allowance for Dark Manor specifically as well as the big fish games cache, no joy.
Guess my fun is over.

GenieGin
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Gold sale

[Post New]by GenieGin on Oct 31, 13 4:40 PM
I received an email, plus a pop up on my game about the gold being half price., yet when I try to buy the 49.99 gold, it is charging me 34.99. I would have thought it would be 24.99. What is the problem? I would like the gold, but not for 34.99. Thank you, The game is terrific, love playing. You are so talented with the graphics and scenes.

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

Gold sale

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 31, 13 5:43 PM
GenieGin wrote:I received an email, plus a pop up on my game about the gold being half price., yet when I try to buy the 49.99 gold, it is charging me 34.99. I would have thought it would be 24.99. What is the problem? I would like the gold, but not for 34.99. Thank you, The game is terrific, love playing. You are so talented with the graphics and scenes.

It should be saying that it is twice the gold for the same price. The discount you are getting is because of being a BF Game Club member. Count yourself lucky! If you were using an iPad it would be the full price - no Game Club discount with Apple!

[Post New]by marzipanthequeen on Oct 31, 13 10:16 PM
I'm on a PC. Several times tonight I tried to play the game and the screen just scrolls left into the trees. It immediately does it and I am unable to play.

[Post New]by Duckblind on Nov 1, 13 9:30 AM
Well, I've tried your Help page and I emailed tech 3 days ago, no reply. I am having to get on from the 'Production' key and I cannot collect my completed achievements and the achievements are not updating (e.g. I have 7 walkers and the achievements is showing only 4) This problem has been happening for a week approximately with no fix. The game is loaded on an IPAD mini. Please advise.

[Post New]by Khaleesi1981 on Nov 1, 13 12:45 PM
My game keeps crashing, EVERY TIME I play I am getting an error message. This is the only game that crashes on me ever. I have lost energy many times due to crashes.

[Post New]by winfluff on Nov 1, 13 8:55 PM
I am getting crashes too, and always when I am going to play a scene. I have lost a lot of energy through it.

[Post New]by lynndr on Nov 1, 13 10:03 PM
I've had a lot of crashes too but the technical issue I want to report is that I can't purchase any object with silver. All of them are blocked off as if I'm not a high enough level (I'm level 28). I can buy gold ones though and place them and my existing objects are present and my attractions are producing gold / juju normally.

Very odd.

Go to: