bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

Re:Post any Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' Technical Issues here

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Oct 27, 13 8:42 PM
G'day,

Just popping in to let you know that we're keeping track of the issues being reported here.

misties it sounds like you might have completed the content that we have available at the moment. The developers are hard at work on new challenges, areas and other fun and we hope to have an update soon.

hym666 and others who have mentioned their Collections disappearing, please contact Customer Support with the details of your Social Code and any errors or issues you may have encountered before this happened so that we can work to get to the bottom of this for you.

bfgMurrumbidgee

[Post New]by johnnypquest on Oct 28, 13 3:56 PM
I was playing the game where I am supposed to cut the tarp on the boat. I have the simple cutting blade that I was instructed to get. When I try to cut the tarp, it says that it will not work there.

Am I missing something?

Wehelo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Wehelo on Oct 28, 13 6:59 PM
After upgrading to windows 8.1 I lost most of my gold, money and collections. Is there some way I can retrieve my losses?

[Post New]by raestar on Oct 29, 13 1:46 AM
I bid on the beechwood tour trophy for 40001 money was removed from
my account but I never received the item this is the first time this happened
there was only a little over a minute left on auction. I played for another 30 minutes
never received a message that I was outbid or a message saying I won the bid

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Oct 30, 13 10:40 AM
raestar wrote:I bid on the beechwood tour trophy for 40001 money was removed from
my account but I never received the item this is the first time this happened
there was only a little over a minute left on auction. I played for another 30 minutes
never received a message that I was outbid or a message saying I won the bid

This problem seems to come and go a lot of the time. I won an auction where the money was taken out, but I did not receive the item until 4 days later! Usually this happens when you auction your items. Someone will buy your item and then you won't get any money until up to a week later. So the item may still be credited to you in a day or so, or the money might be refunded if someone did happen to outbid you. Good luck!

[Post New]by Play10time2 on Oct 30, 13 11:49 AM
I paved Dinhammer Alley and did not receive rewards. Also, sometimes rewards are not credited

Edited on 10/30/2013 at 11:52:21 AM PST

HHSan
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by HHSan on Nov 2, 13 10:15 AM
fuzhed wrote:And yet ANOTHER glitch!!! Screen goes black in the Auction House, and stays black in the background of all other map areas!!!

Mine too. The first time it happened, I had to start all over again. It did keep my name and social code though. It always happens in the auction house if you are in there too long, then I have to exit the game and start up again. Also, what's with the "bidding error". That has happened to me so many times. It's not only with bidding, but with buy outs as well. Very annoying, I must say.

Edited on 11/03/2013 at 3:52:04 AM PST

[Post New]by Katie3106 on Nov 3, 13 8:47 AM
I had over 55 gold bars saved up, then when I went to play again, I was down to 9 and all the collection stuff I'd gotten so far was gone.

[Post New]by Katie3106 on Nov 3, 13 8:49 AM
Wehelo wrote:After upgrading to windows 8.1 I lost most of my gold, money and collections. Is there some way I can retrieve my losses?

The same thing happened to me!

[Post New]by mawwbee on Nov 3, 13 9:06 AM
I put up two of my hard-to-come-by items for a one day auction. It has been almost a week and I never received my items back nor did I receive any money. Not cool! There are so many glitches in this game especially when it comes to the auctions, but this makes me pretty much done with the game.

HHSan
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by HHSan on Nov 3, 13 12:05 PM
There should be a way that we can track our items up for auction. Like some others I've put up hard to find objects up for auction and I can never find them in the auction house. I feel like I'm releasing my objects to the open universe, never to be seen again...lol, not only that, but the auction house going black if you're in there too long.....frustrating, very frustrating. This game should never have been released the way it is...

[Post New]by Presquegirl on Nov 3, 13 9:45 PM
I have played 3 separate times during the day today and the game screen freezes in HO cities. I have lost more thank 500 energy. I am at level 47. Please refu my energy as I wait for more quests to be deved. I have spent tons in here!! Thanks

[Post New]by blahblahboo on Nov 4, 13 5:39 AM
Running on Windows 7 PC 64 Bit

I am hoping this is a glitch and not a design of the game. I have opened and played all of the mini-games at this point and the cities are mastered, however I have not found all of the collection items. I have 8 mini-games that no matter how many times I play, have given me nothing but coins and XP. Many of the mini-games that cost a lot of items (10 or more envelopes, glue, etc.) finally give me an item, but then I have to play 5 to 10 times more to get that item again. Very expensive, very frustrating. It slows the game way down and takes away the "fun" factor and decreases your ability to make logical choices about what games you play to move forward. I am playing the games quickly and not getting an item and have really botched up and gotten the item, so that does not seem to be a factor. I think any time we spend our hard earned items to play a mini-game, there ought to be a collectable reward.

The same it true in the cities. I will often choose to play a game because I want to earn an item shown as available in that city on the scroll bar. But in many cities, I have completed the entire city to mastery, played fast and gotten bonus coins for speed on every item, but have never been given some of those gold and platinum items. That is frustrating and I am hoping a glitch in the game that you can fix.

The game has potential, as shown by the number of people who are sticking it out, providing feedback etc., but it also has more issues than people are willing to put up with. Most of my game "friends" quit playing by the time they get to levels in the early 20's. It seems that is when the quests stop, the rewards of gold are gone for the most part, items cannot be found, etc.

One other little thing, you cannot buy enough items for the dog to earn the reward for buying the dog 15 items.

Maybe down the road, we will see the logic for the cities to stop giving collectables, but right now, that does not seem too logical.

I am still wondering why I have an antique shop with nothing on the shelves. Maybe some of those retired collectables from cities (such as the Financial Sam Doll) should be showing up on those shelves as items to buy. That would be a lovely way to spend some of this money I have earned that I have very little to spend on now that I have customized every building and some of them twice to earn those rewards.

[Post New]by rissa200204 on Nov 4, 13 4:01 PM
The Bar game specifically the words version:

the clue about a flightless artic bird toy.. the answer is the smoothie

the clue about debris falling on head needing protection on construction job ...answer is the lilly..

i think these 2 clues are wrong and need fixing :>

[Post New]by markandpeggy on Nov 4, 13 10:50 PM
all the issues that have been posted here have happened to me. Enough is enough. Pull the game and refund every last cent.

icranky2
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by icranky2 on Nov 5, 13 1:03 AM
While playing the game, I had the screen go blank just when I was about to receive my "plate of spaghetti", after finishing my achivement of collecting 100 collectible sets. When I went out of the game and came back, I did not receive my reward, nor did it come back up for me to collect it. Is there anything that can be done? This is not the first time the screen has gone blank (or gone dark and just shown the outline of the graphics), and my new graphics card is only a year old.

Thank you.

P.S. It was a plate of "spaghetti" and in this game, to me, is a big deal!

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Nov 5, 13 3:41 AM
Have been playing for a month with no problems, Win 7 64bit. Today game crashed on an "App Hang 81" while playing a HOS.

I had just added 140 energy and was in the process of playing "Picky Shopper Mode" using the resource that provides 20% reduction of energy used..

Upon restart all of my energy was gone as was my Resource, with no rewards, coins, etc., nor did it register as having played Picky Shopper Mode. I understand things randomly crash on Windows but when it takes items I've paid for, such as the energy and resource being used, it is rather frustrating.

[Post New]by swtlildove1966 on Nov 5, 13 10:35 AM
my achievements list is stuck at 129 out of 150. i am not getting any more quests, so cannot increase those, and brining up the auction more than once causes the game to go completely black, with no option other than leaving the game and reopening it. the last issue is things are not unlocking when they are supposed to in the minigames. for exdample one said to unlock a building had to be upgraded to level 5, i have upgraded every building to where it dosnt allow me to upgrade farther, and had to pay gold to unlock it anyway. i had to do that woith bennets, and several others.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Nov 5, 13 11:28 AM
It just did it again. Different HOS but exact same issue. I play one HOS in "Picky Shopper Mode" successfully, then I go to another. The game crashes on what I believe to be the last item. I lost 102 energy, all the items from the first HOS as well as the second. My Achievement list still shows me as having played Picky Shhopper Mode two times when in fact I've played it four times today alone.

JB4510 wrote:Have been playing for a month with no problems, Win 7 64bit. Today game crashed on an "App Hang 81" while playing a HOS.

I had just added 140 energy and was in the process of playing "Picky Shopper Mode" using the resource that provides 20% reduction of energy used..

Upon restart all of my energy was gone as was my Resource, with no rewards, coins, etc., nor did it register as having played Picky Shopper Mode. I understand things randomly crash on Windows but when it takes items I've paid for, such as the energy and resource being used, it is rather frustrating.

[Post New]by mawwbee on Nov 5, 13 3:29 PM
I posted that I was having problems with the auction and it was fixed but now I am having problems again. I think I won an auction, but I never received it. I also did not get my money back. I don't understand why this is happening. Also, waiting 5 minutes for 1 energy point is ridiculous! I play a lot of these types of games and none of them make you wait that long. Thanks for your time!

Go to: