Annabel

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

Re:Annabel

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Mar 14, 09 12:36 AM
Hi everyone

Wow great game this and Ravenhurst well worth my credit, only thing is I am on the ship and have gone down the hatch and standing infront of what looks like an exercise machine with a sphinx either side the circuit puzzles that come up well I am ok with most puzzles but I need hints for these and there arent any so I cant go any further - any help would be much appreciated - thanks Big Fish for a brilliant game, fantastic graphics and beefy men even if they are a bit thick lol I mean the guards lol

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Mar 14, 09 12:48 AM
Well, I restrained myself from clicking through the last few dialogues of terrible voice-acting and managed to get to the end. Fun, if limited replayability, and pretty. The puzzles were pretty simple, and though I didn't much care for some of them, one or two were at least attempts to put a new spin on old ones (like the match-4 at the end).

Happy I bought it, just hope BFG can fix the click-speed Access Violation so I don't run into the problem again a year down the line when I'll hopefully have forgotten the game's linearity.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Mar 14, 09 1:12 AM
This is a great game, I played my 30 minutes and will be getting this one! The characters are so real, I believe I know that guy. Lol! Anyway, I liked this journey and I am interested to find out what happens, I like the graphics, play time and the ease of moving from screens. I say

[Post New]by oopsadaisy on Mar 14, 09 1:27 AM
Re the Access Violation Error:

I contacted Tech Support and they have replied to say that there are some build issues with this game that the developers are now working on.

Glad it wasn't just me being dumb then!

A new version will be released in a couple of days, so hopefully this will help anyone else with the same problem.

Mind you, I am not sure I want to play it now - don't fancy the thought of being all over my lappy!!

Hope this helps x

Fiobo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Fiobo on Mar 14, 09 2:15 AM
oopsadaisy wrote:Re the Access Violation Error:

I contacted Tech Support and they have replied to say that there are some build issues with this game that the developers are now working on.

Glad it wasn't just me being dumb then!

A new version will be released in a couple of days, so hopefully this will help anyone else with the same problem.

Mind you, I am not sure I want to play it now - don't fancy the thought of being all over my lappy!!

Hope this helps x

This helps me for sure! I got as far as having to hand a mummy some oil, when the game came up with a problem trying to read something, and shut down - three times at the same spot! Not had this happen before, so I thought there might be something up with it.

Edited on 03/14/2009 at 2:16:06 AM PST

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Mar 14, 09 3:37 AM
Well i finished the game I found it very entertaining and the mini puzzles were brilliant, I was a bit disappointed at the end though I expected a spectacular show of some sort but hey the game itself was beautiful I would recommend it, the only grumble I have about the game is some of the mini puzzles were quite difficult and I had to get my partner to do them lol, would be an idea for the next one to have a skip option but on the whole a beautiful game I have a widescreen so I put the lights out and it can be quite giddying especially when she is travelling up and down the passages another great game Big Fish. I am now just downloading Lost in the City I have heard good reviews about this so looking forward to it

char1132
Manatee
Manatee
4,059 Posts

[Post New]by char1132 on Mar 14, 09 7:00 AM
char1132 wrote:
bribling wrote:
Rose427 wrote:I played the demo... Also the part with the mummy was a bit cheesy in my opinion, I was hoping someone was just trapped ...

LOL! I thought it was the dopey guy from the museum in there (same actor?). I don't recall ever seeing any depiction of Thoth that remorely resembles this mummy. Also, I seem to recall that Thoth was a male
i think that is supposed to be ISIS...She says "oh GREAT THOTH" as an *ancient day* OMG!
i was wr wr wr wrong she does say she is thoth...and i too am pretty sure thoth was male and there were VERY few female pharoahs oh well they want a story not history LOL think they could sneak in a little history too

irishgreen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by irishgreen on Mar 14, 09 7:12 AM
After reading the posts, I played the full demo last night. Took the suggestion to look away or close eyes when panning to another room. Still felt a little after playing (or maybe its the meds I'm on) but won't be buying the game. The demo was fun but just had a hard time with the 360, especially up and down from the kitchen.(as another fishee stated)

Oh well-for the ones who can play--enjoy

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Mar 14, 09 10:35 AM
Anabel has just been picked up by a couple of goons outside the pyramid. Can someone tell how along into the game I am. Am I half way or almost finished maybe?

Thanks.
Lee

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Mar 14, 09 10:45 AM
I'd call it maybe 2/3, guylee

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Mar 14, 09 11:24 AM
Thank you kishimojun.

Fin hugs
Lee

[Post New]by gspoiledj on Mar 14, 09 11:31 AM
really need help with those mini games towards the end they are tough

[Post New]by gspoiledj on Mar 14, 09 11:44 AM
need help with connecting the elements stuck there please help

Edited on 03/14/2009 at 11:45:17 AM PST

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Mar 14, 09 11:48 AM
This one is all about being quick and predicting the computer. If you line up the gems in the very first second they'll explode. Any later and they won't. It will likely take several tries, but it can be done. Good luck.

KeysPirate
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by KeysPirate on Mar 14, 09 12:15 PM
I guess I am in the minority, but I did not like this game. The avatars are so phony-looking that I find it impossible to take it seriously.. I really don't understand why the game designers waste so much time and energy (not to mention disk space!) on cartoonish avatars. I much prefer a Myst or Return to Ravenhearst style, where you feel like YOU are playing the game rather than some swaying, lurching character.

Does anyone else feel this way? Know of any good adventure games that DON'T use avatars?

gapalms
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by gapalms on Mar 14, 09 2:41 PM
I read all of the negative/positive posts about this game, then played the demo and decided to use a credit. Yes, I too got a little dizzy with the speed of the change of locations--gave me a headache after awhile. So, I took a Motrin and kept playing! In a way, it was refreshing to be able to speed the main character along--vs. some games when it takes forever to move her/him from one location to another.

All in all, I really enjoyed this game. It was a little like a Nancy Drew. But, more relaxing, and I was able to do all of the puzzles without a walkthrough! That last one with the Match 4 almost did me in, but after 4 or more tries, I finally got it. A great way to spend a dark and gloomy Sat. afternoon!

[Post New]by mdibella on Mar 15, 09 8:12 AM
Yow, this game makes me seasick!

I bought it because the pics kinda reminded me of my all-time favorite puzzle game 'Pandora's Box' but I won't be playing this one because it makes me want to barf...

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Mar 15, 09 8:55 AM
I bought it played it and finished it......will even play it again. I thought it was very good, just ended too soon....not long enough. The mini puzzles were all easy except that last one, but even it was OK once I learned just how to play it. The game only froze up once and it was at that last mini puzzle. But, I managed to get it playing again. The graphics were good, but I must say they could have done a better job with voices fitting the movement of mouths....but, then again it is just animation and not reality. Overall, I'd rate this game with a 10+

jayg
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by jayg on Mar 15, 09 9:12 AM
My husband and I are doing it now, But we are stuck, So is there a walkthrough on the go, I know you can get hints but I like to have a go without before I get defeated. Thank you.

Edited on 03/15/2009 at 9:14:42 AM PST

dindnic
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,300 Posts

[Post New]by dindnic on Mar 15, 09 10:05 AM
I actually liked this game a lot! Thought I would have an issue with the seasick feeling I normally get with the 360* type games but this one did not affect me so badly. I bought it and will definitely replay. It is a very easy game but it relaxed me to not have to stress with a timer and with not having the "I feel so stupid moment(s)" when I figured out all of the puzzles on my own . The very last puzzle is a bit tricky if your eye-hand coordination is not too great (like mine) but I even got through it eventually!

Go to: