WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Phone box

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 6, 13 2:15 AM
emmanem2 wrote:Am having a problem in the red phone box. Solved all the puzzles, got all the numbers but the 7 key didn`t do anything when I pressed it at the end of the sequence of numbers I need to dial. Reset the whole puzzle and the timer is not in my inventory but when I went back to the stairs to get it, not there either. What do I do now??
Hi emmanem2! The timer should still be on your puzzle even after resetting, check SPOILER (highlight between arrows to read): > the phone numbers dial<… As for using the number 7 you might want to check the thread "The phonenumber in strong mans scene" to see if that gives you some help, you'll have to scroll down a few posts to find the ones relating to this puzzle. You can copy and paste this URL to get to it.: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/263005.page
Good luck!

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here

[Post New]by fairjuno on Dec 6, 13 6:18 PM
I had a problem with the Raven's Cote puzzle as well, but I realized it was my fault. I was putting the pieces in the slots to the left when they should be left in the slots to the right. Not sure if that will help anyone.

Now that I've finished the game, as well as the bonus and secret room, it's not letting me restart in Allister's mode. Do I have to hit reset to start from the beginning for that to work? Any ideas?

NM: I hit reset and it works.

Edited on 12/06/2013 at 6:22:27 PM PST

AndaO
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here O

[Post New]by AndaO on Dec 7, 13 9:40 AM
I am playing on a mac and am working the puzzle on M. Fate's caravan door. The starry night scene on the right will not change to an eye. I have reset the puzzle several times. Did it in the order of the strategy guide. did it in different orders. I really don't want to skip. What should I do?

AndaO

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here O

[Post New]by spyque on Dec 7, 13 10:13 AM
My game continually freezes at the ship's puzzle in the black diary. I can play the rest of the game but not that page. I've replayed a second time and STILL, it freezes!
Next time, I wait for the store release. No matter how good the game, this kind of crap makes it worthless to me.

kikae1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Car with Art HO scene in toolbox

[Post New]by kikae1 on Dec 7, 13 11:25 PM
Ok...I am in the car with Art doing the HO scene in the broken tool box (or whatever the wooden box was). I did all of the objects except the last one that needs you to unlock the different shaped bolts. I can not pick up or even see the last tool. I use the hint and it highlights where is should be but I have no change in curser and I see a lot of stuff but not what it is telling me should be there. Help please. I have rebooted and tried again to no avail.

geninfo4
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

ongoing tech issues

[Post New]by geninfo4 on Dec 8, 13 3:37 PM
just like the Christmas story by elephant games that just came out, both of these games are not playable for the general gamer. notice all the tech problems! what is going on with elephant and BFG???????

all other games seem to be working ok. if anything there are minor problems. but MCF, Madame Fate???? too many glitches to name! why is this and why are we the public gaming community still putting up with these problems. they should has been resolved before the games were open to the gaming community. I am tired of all the BS that surrounds these 2 games in particular! why not come out and state that something is amiss and will be taken care of so that the rest of us can participate in playing the games and willingly pay for the chance! why the rest of game developers are doing the right thing ie EIPIX, BLUE TEA, ****, ETC.,
THEY seem to bring forward a good game and we can all play without major tech problems. where are the rest of the gaming community to address these issues??? I can not believe that there are a lot of you that have not participated, and are just waiting for results??? come on and speak to these issues!!!!

[Post New]by drmstmc3 on Dec 8, 13 4:37 PM
Hi all,
I am having an issue with collecting the cards... I have all but 1 Spolier Alert!..... the raven from the black diary. I have clicked on it and it won't do anything, I've even waited a few minutes to see if it will change to click on it then but it doesn't change at all. I am not sure if I am missing something or if this is another glitch in the game. I've played through 3 times so far and each time it won't do anything. Any help will be much appreciated!

fabes
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

ongoing tech issues

[Post New]by fabes on Dec 8, 13 5:18 PM
geninfo4 wrote:just like the Christmas story by elephant games that just came out, both of these games are not playable for the general gamer. notice all the tech problems! what is going on with elephant and BFG???????

all other games seem to be working ok. if anything there are minor problems. but MCF, Madame Fate???? too many glitches to name! why is this and why are we the public gaming community still putting up with these problems. they should has been resolved before the games were open to the gaming community. I am tired of all the BS that surrounds these 2 games in particular! why not come out and state that something is amiss and will be taken care of so that the rest of us can participate in playing the games and willingly pay for the chance! why the rest of game developers are doing the right thing ie EIPIX, BLUE TEA, ****, ETC.,
THEY seem to bring forward a good game and we can all play without major tech problems. where are the rest of the gaming community to address these issues??? I can not believe that there are a lot of you that have not participated, and are just waiting for results??? come on and speak to these issues!!!!
. I totally agree with you more people should speak up . After all we keep them in business and your right other developers seem to fix glitches before the game release.

[Post New]by GameOverMan69 on Dec 8, 13 8:35 PM
I have a top of the line laptop.
no issues with the game play... EXCEPT... it locks up at RANDOM times. 5 or 7 times. fortunately it restarts at the last point.
windows 7.

[Post New]by MELVIN1938 on Dec 9, 13 12:45 PM
I have downloaded this game twice. It gives me an error that it must shut down. Then it sort of locks up the computer, I get an hourglass attached to the cursor and nothig works. I right click on the taskbar and close the game then turn off the send message to Microsoft. I am using Windows XP.

[Post New]by shelly04 on Dec 9, 13 2:39 PM
Help please! My game has been running great .... now all of a sudden its going slow and really jerky ... I can t play at all... i dont want to reinstall and lose all my progress. Is there anything else I can do? I have windows vista also. Please any suggestions or thoughts .. otherwise no game play for me not very happy right now

slow start up

[Post New]by mtdew162 on Dec 12, 13 6:13 AM
when trying to start the game t o play again in loads very slowly and gives a message to try later .. it didn't do this when we first installed and played the game can anyone help

redroo
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by redroo on Dec 12, 13 4:49 PM
EASY FIX FOR FREEZING BOMB
Control Alt Delete and restart. Go to hint and press restart tab with the arrows and press skip.

[Post New]by Lindalou1972 on Dec 13, 13 7:53 PM
My game loads really slow. I reinstalled it and still does it. PLEASE HELP.

[Post New]by pollywolly41 on Dec 14, 13 3:31 PM
Deadlyflower, I am having the exact same problem. I have Vista Ultimate. My friend has 7 and so far has not had any problems... hope we can finish the game.

[Post New]by sapphireblue11 on Dec 16, 13 5:14 PM
I've collected all 4 black candles and put them in the holders ready to light but the lighter in my inventory will not activate.

[Post New]by ShadowMaster9000 on Dec 16, 13 6:39 PM
Hi,
I am playing in the Secret Room section of the Collector's Edition.

Marlena wants 4 shells to give up her key... but for the one hidden object scene, it wouldn't let me click on the skull (I even used a hint to make absolute sure I was clicking in the right spot).

When I exited that HO scene and re-entered, there were NO objects listed to find at the bottom.

When I completely exited the game and restarted it, that entire scene was not available to me anymore, but I am still missing the needed shell.

It looks like my game is corrupt and I can't go on. Is there a fix for this?

geninfo4
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Post tech issues Here Only!

[Post New]by geninfo4 on Dec 17, 13 3:13 PM
what gives with BFG? will there every be a fix/rebuild for this game. I truly want to play, as I love MCF. all of them. from the very beginning! please, PLEASE let us know when/where we can play. thanks gen. how come other developers have introduced their games with NO major glitches?????? hate to be the Grinch but need answers and soon? thanks gen

[Post New]by pmundim on Dec 18, 13 3:30 AM
playing game for 2nd time, now cant open locks at landing? also agree, lagging a bi too much, apart from it be a very good game

kellen46
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here

[Post New]by kellen46 on Dec 18, 13 5:03 PM
wd_athena wrote:
wd_athena wrote:The game freezes when I place the last blue/red fuse in the bomb on the rocket. I have used task manager to get out of it and then reopened the game. It starts where I have to put in the last fuse, and then freezes.

I started again under a new profile, got to the same point and the game freezes. Will not acknowledge the last fuse placement and freezes.

any answers for this?

This game is sure buggy...I froze up at the sixth scarab, started new game, now I am at the same place as the above. Game is just frozen. Is there going to be any fixes for this game??? Hello Hello is anybody listening??

Go to: