Re:Where do you live? How old are you?

[Post New]by LadySparkle55 on Jan 31, 14 8:04 AM
Creepy_Hollow wrote:
LaReinaGitana wrote:Hi, ihavenolifenow!

I could be the geisha, but I'm more of an enigma than a walker. There is a clue if you know where to look.

LaReinaGitana

More Tshilaba than geisha?

That would be my best guess

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Jan 31, 14 8:05 AM
Hi, Creepy_Hollow!

More Tshilaba than geisha!

(I hope there will be parking for my roulotte!)

LaReinaGitana

TempeB
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by TempeB on Jan 31, 14 3:21 PM
Hey Folks

Thought I'd add my voice to the UK contingent - 47 and from Edinburgh, Scotland. It's been a real joy to read all the entries here and I'm very glad not to be the only 'mature' person playing DM! Like many of you here, computers were not part of my youth and I was in my late 20's before using one. I remember being so blown away the first time I saw a Java image (the good old 'ripples on a lake') that I actually called a few friends into the office to see it....

Now 20 years on I can't imagine life/work without the laptop. While I've always enjoyed playing the occasional game (starting with Tetris all those years ago), Dark Manor definitely stands out from the crowd and never before have I spent so much time (not to mention money) on this kind of entertainment. I'm also not much of a 'joiner', so taking part in this Forum is a first for me too.

Thank you, all, for being so friendly and helpful; long may Dark Manor continue!

Vaughan Manor

Edited on 01/31/2014 at 3:21:39 PM PST

[Post New]by 54brainstormer on Feb 4, 14 6:23 AM
Hi fellow players, great to learn that I am not an exceptionally old(grrr) DM junkie. Love to play this game and closely follow the posts which have helped me out a lot when I started gaming some months ago. I am a 59 yrs old female from Germany and play as 1508 Hilltop Ave. Have fun!

rlwoole
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by rlwoole on Feb 4, 14 2:00 PM
I am 45 live in Missouri. Love the game and love reading the DM Forum.

[Post New]by ihavenolifenow on Feb 4, 14 3:43 PM
Hey fellow DMs.
We have a 10 and a 12 year old!! That's great!!
US, Italy, Germany, NZ, Australia, China, Canada...I can't remember where else. It's SO impressive. I've never been OS, but now I feel like I'm part of an international community.

I was given a heads up about your name, LaReinaGitana (Gypsy Queen, so I guess you are Tshilaba!

I was watching my walkers and reckon I'm a cross between the werewolf (as a man) and the swamp monster. The way they walk looks like me, with my wrecked knees and Achilles tendon and wonky vertebrae. Still...I feel great and I love my game.

Have you noticed that the werewolf man's knees look like they face backwards when he walks!! Ha ha. Poor thing must have arthritis. And the Swamp Monster looks like he's going through menopause! He's been flushing (flashing) so much that foliage is starting to grow all over him. He looks SO over it.

Happy clicking (tapping).
ihavenolifenow!

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Feb 4, 14 10:07 PM
Hi, ihavenolifenow!

I think it's great that there are younger players involved in Dark Manor, too! And so many countries -- marvelous!

LaReinaGitana does indeed mean "the Gypsy Queen," so that's who I would be at your DM party.

LaReinaGitana

Creepy_Hollow
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by Creepy_Hollow on Feb 5, 14 3:27 AM
LaReinaGitana wrote:Hi, ihavenolifenow!

I think it's great that there are younger players involved in Dark Manor, too! And so many countries -- marvelous!

LaReinaGitana does indeed mean "the Gypsy Queen," so that's who I would be at your DM party.

LaReinaGitana

la reine gitane qui est magnifique

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Feb 5, 14 10:09 AM
Cher Creepy_Hollow,

Merci beaucoup! Mon ami, vous avez gagné mon cœur!

LaReinaGitana/LaReineGitane

[Post New]by Treblemaker on Feb 6, 14 6:46 AM
59, and I live at the Lake of the Ozarks in mid-Missouri . So glad to know that so many of my generation are playing! I thought there were only a few of us. My mid-twenties kids all like the game, too.

[Post New]by kc97red on Feb 6, 14 1:16 PM
Missouri and am 74, Age bracket so far boggles me. Maanor is House of the Rising Sun

[Post New]by MoonstoneinCA on Feb 7, 14 5:20 PM
As a child I played Pac Man and Frogger...

I am a 40 year old female in Newport Beach, California and I'm quite surprised by the age demographic of this game as well.

- Moonstone Manor

jtlg
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by jtlg on Feb 7, 14 7:31 PM
I am 69 years old, and live on the Georgia coast, in the USA.
This is the first game I have played like DM, so the tips I get in the forum are very helpful. Yes, I too am addicted.

I play as 1475 Batley St.

Edited on 02/07/2014 at 7:31:37 PM PST

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on Feb 7, 14 7:50 PM
Great thread! I am 44 yrs from Cincinnati, Ohio. My preteen/teen years were spent at the neighborhood arcade playing Ms. Pacman and Centipede, living off smarties and licorice ropes. Happy gaming everyone!

Dee
67 Chateau Mystique

LifeforceOne
Herring
Herring
384 Posts

[Post New]by LifeforceOne on Feb 8, 14 5:36 AM
Dee! Same age. "Awesome" memories of my own misspent youth plunking quarters and sneaking cigarettes in the local arcade/hangout in northern New Jersey. Asteroids, Joust, and Q-Bert were my addictions! Dave @ 7 Lifeforce Blvd

Edited on 02/08/2014 at 5:37:50 AM PST

Epiphyte
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Epiphyte on Feb 8, 14 6:10 AM
I'm from Sydney, Australia and I'm 32. Loved reading everyone else's responses! I teach high school students, and DM is how I relax after a tough day. Thanks to BFG for the game, and thank you to all my neighbours who make DM even better

Edited on 02/08/2014 at 6:18:38 AM PST

claudijoel
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by claudijoel on Feb 8, 14 7:00 AM
Hello!
I am 59 years young and my husband is 70. We live in Plainfield, IN. We just love this game. My husband plays while I am at work then I play when I get home. Fantastic to see where and how old other players are. We are: 665 Arnold Ln. Thats the name BF gave us and we stayed with it. We have 200 neighbors now so we will stay with the addy. Have fun clicking!!
claudijoel

[Post New]by BellaLilyChloe on Feb 8, 14 7:39 AM
I'm 42 and live in Bossier City, Louisiana. Happy Gaming, Everybody!

Bayou Noir Lndg nrg plz
(Bayou Noir Landing)

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Feb 8, 14 9:33 AM
I just now saw this thread. How great!! I just wish we had a way to request neighbors. My sister plays in NC and I have been looking for her to pop up in my neighbor request list for a while now. I am a 65 year old female and live in GA, just north of Atlanta. (you know, where no one knows how to drive in the snow, LOL) In case you haven't been watching the weather channel (based here in Atlanta) we got 2-4 inches of snow last week and the city stopped dead for over 36 hours. I'm talking cars stranded in the middle of the expressway, babies born in cars, kids having to sleep on their school buses. It was a mess. I was especially glad to have DM to keep me busy. (OK, I could have dusted and cleaned, but what fun is that??) Made a huge pot of chicken soup and just played my games. We just brought my Mom (84) down from NC to live with us and she is into jigsaw puzzles. I take a break from DM to help her with those.
1324 Lyon Ave ( I wish I had known I could choose a name, But didn't realize that till too late.) There are such great names out there. I love to visit others and see what they did with their manor.

Inge321
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Inge321 on Feb 8, 14 9:53 AM
I also just saw this thread, interesting to read. I am 75, female, widowed 6 months ago, have been playing DM for about a year. My home is in Kelowna, British Columbia, but I spend the winter in Green Valley, Arizona. Definitely addicted!! My DM mansion is Adams Family Mansion.

Go to: