mizmoose
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Fright Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by mizmoose on Jul 8, 14 12:14 AM
jfog wrote:Go back into the Gift Shop, click on the TV and then the first re-playable that looks like an old TV test pattern - one that you have not played in the main game. It will be immediately after the ones that show you the actual hidden object scene. That reset the bonus so that it started correctly for me.

Hokey Smokes, that did it! You're my hero.

Raven

[Post New]by redcamarolady on Jul 9, 14 4:59 AM
I threw ball at raven and now I can not get tokens....Help please!

ZekesPeach
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by ZekesPeach on Jul 9, 14 10:55 AM
Not sure how bugs and glitches reported here will get back to the developers, but I will dutifully post them here.

Bugs and misses. There are places where the voiceovers don't match the subtitles...not the end of the world or a dramatic problem, but somewhat disconcerting to someone who MUST read the subtitles even as the characters are speaking (and, yes, I know it's a 'me' thing). Despite two separate 'fixes', there remain glitches like colored runes snapping back to their previous position when being moved to their objective locations (I don't know if it was just repeating the effort over and over that 'defeated' the bug, or when I was holding my 'Ctrl' key down while attempting the moves, but I finally made it through the puzzle), or a HOP that suddenly ended before I touched on the remaining object. I tried to buy some things in the gift shop before starting the bonus chapter and my first 'purchase' was a 'post card' in jigsaw puzzle format. I assembled it, but nothing happened after that -- it remained in place, and I could still move all of the pieces as if they weren't in the correct places. I moved a few off the puzzle and saw I had, indeed, assembled it within the correct outline...it seemed like the only choice left to me was to either reset the puzzle or buy something else without moving it. I did neither...I chose another area in the 'shop' and chose a HOS to play. I forget why I stopped it, but I seem to remember it had to do with my selecting items that required an action and nothing happened.

At any rate, I quit the 'shop' and began the bonus chapter...and THERE was the HO list from the last thing I did in the 'gift shop'!! No matter what I did, it remained in place so that I couldn't do what was required in the scene I was in. Closing and reopening the whole game corrected that, but soured me on the 'gift shop'.

One glitch in particular that I recall from the bonus chapter was touching the motel owner while he was fiddling with a hydrant and his answer implied that it might explode if he didn't put the flames out (or something like that)...turned out he was referring to a nearby car that was on fire (I thought it was an interior light shining in it, not flames)...and there were some odd sound effects that didn't match either what he was doing or the burning car. Also, once the owner closes his front gate for the night, there are things that require the player to access the house and/or yard, but the only way to do that is by using the game location map – what is the poor player who tries to play without the map going to do?

[Post New]by larkinstein on Jul 9, 14 1:24 PM
I have exactly the same problem after I givew the girl the inhaler. A ghostly image of her and the game hangs.

judyglenning
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by judyglenning on Jul 9, 14 3:58 PM
There is no skip button in my mini game puzzles. I finally found that they should be at the top of my screen but the top inch or so of the game scenes are off the top of my computer.
My pointer just slides off the top and disappears.
I am playing on a laptop with Windows 8.1.

soob
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by soob on Jul 10, 14 1:08 AM
Hi there,
go to the menu and click off full screen, you will then get the windows scren and the skip button will appear.
good luck

[Post New]by mantamary on Jul 13, 14 4:24 PM
Cannot open this game anymore - freezes up at Main Menu Screen!

TinkerOne
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerOne on Jul 15, 14 9:59 AM
There has been an update for this game and it didn't help me. Earlier I got an error 208. I uninstalled the game and my computer froze. Will wait awhile on this and see if things improve, cause it seems like a game I would like. Tinkerone

judbab
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by judbab on Jul 15, 14 10:55 AM
Im on a PC and in the bonus game. I first was unable to bring the red doll up to clip the wire with the nippers. Then I lost my inventory. How do I get the inventory back, to start with, then how do i clip the wire when the red doll won't come up. Also tried using the clippers without the red doll coming closer, but that didn't do anything but take me to the next screen. I am so close to the end of the game I hate to reboot, unless I have to. Thanks for your help.

Edited on 07/15/2014 at 10:56:53 AM PST

[Post New]by dixiesteve on Jul 17, 14 10:58 AM
O.K. now I see what everyone has been complaining about. I played this game once before and I didn't have any real problems outside of the low volume until I got to the bonus round and I posted that. For some reason, I thought, I'll play it again, except this time, I couldn't even make to the office because the game blacked out - three times. Now I understand a glitch now and then, but this is crazy. I'm thinking you guys at Big Fish owe a lot of people a credit for buying this game. Anyone else agree?

[Post New]by Shannon282007 on Jul 17, 14 7:47 PM
This game won't even download correctly for me. I've downloaded it twice now. I click on it to play it and I get an error message saying that it can't open. I'm on a Mac.

Edited on 07/17/2014 at 7:48:48 PM PST

jkocz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by jkocz on Jul 18, 14 8:25 AM
I get the access violation error and can't launch the game. This is the very first time, I've had issues with this error that can't be fixed with a re-install. I've emailed tech support, and hopefully there is a solution.

[Post New]by taipale on Jul 20, 14 4:47 PM
I can't play the bonus game. The screen went black the first time I tried to access the bonus game. Now the screen freezes when I click on the "Extras" door.

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Jul 22, 14 9:48 PM
I just read through all these posts but didn't see my issue....I was thoroughly enjoying the game, no glitches, voice problems, nothing...everything was fine.

THEN I went into the kitchen and got the glass for the lemonade, but when I went to fill it, the glass wasn't in my inventory. I went back to get it again, and of course clicking on the cabinet does nothing - and worse - I can SEE the glass in there that I already collected. Grrrr......

So, now I'm stuck and can't play further. I'm scared to install the updates because I wasn't having any problems. Any idea what to do or if this is the beginning of a bunch of problems??

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Jul 27, 14 1:40 AM
does this apply to the S/E also, as I don't want to get yet another game with a glitch, I'm sick and fed up with them, the developers should make sure there games run problem free!, it's disgusting

[Post New]by dclablady on Jul 27, 14 9:24 AM
I cant get past the serving tea in the well. Everytime I exit & come back it starts over. cant get past this

[Post New]by CreateInMedia on Aug 13, 14 8:21 PM
I lost all of my lower Bar! No inventory, Map, Hint etc... it just disappeared! I have such a slow connection and deleting/re-downloading would be such a major pain. I don't suppose there is a secret combo to use to get it back like alt-shift-giveitback?

[Post New]by CreateInMedia on Aug 13, 14 8:26 PM
dixiesteve wrote:O.K. now I see what everyone has been complaining about. I played this game once before and I didn't have any real problems outside of the low volume until I got to the bonus round and I posted that. For some reason, I thought, I'll play it again, except this time, I couldn't even make to the office because the game blacked out - three times. Now I understand a glitch now and then, but this is crazy. I'm thinking you guys at Big Fish owe a lot of people a credit for buying this game. Anyone else agree?

I agree! Big Fish, are you looking? This is my second download of it (you can check that if you like) and This is my second crash. 1.2 gig on my outside wireless means it takes me hours just to d/l - I own so many of your games and never complain... I am complaining now! I wonder if I should just start using the **** Game APP more instead. Maybe they will be more receptive to making sure I don't have this kind of hassle from just wanting to play a game? Are you looking? Do you really care? Or am I once again just blowing smoke, wasting my breath in trying to reach out?

[Post New]by CreateInMedia on Aug 13, 14 8:27 PM
CreateInMedia wrote:
dixiesteve wrote:O.K. now I see what everyone has been complaining about. I played this game once before and I didn't have any real problems outside of the low volume until I got to the bonus round and I posted that. For some reason, I thought, I'll play it again, except this time, I couldn't even make to the office because the game blacked out - three times. Now I understand a glitch now and then, but this is crazy. I'm thinking you guys at Big Fish owe a lot of people a credit for buying this game. Anyone else agree?

I agree! Big Fish, are you looking? This is my second download of it (you can check that if you like) and This is my second crash. 1.2 gig on my outside wireless means it takes me hours just to d/l - I own so many of your games and never complain... I am complaining now! I wonder if I should just start using the **** Game APP more instead. Maybe they will be more receptive to making sure I don't have this kind of hassle from just wanting to play a game? Are you looking? Do you really care? Or am I once again just blowing smoke, wasting my breath in trying to reach out?

Once again, I have to say... If this continues... the free plush doll gets it! I'm sorry i had to go there, but this is serious!

[Post New]by skimball23 on Aug 20, 14 8:05 PM
Each time I try to come back and play, it gets stuck on the hotel scene after I rescue the mom with her inhaler and I can't move on to the next step. Her dialogue box freezes in the background and I cant close it to get past it. Any thoughts?

Go to: