Re:Post any Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by nautilis123 on Mar 24, 15 8:38 AM
I completed the last day today giving the milk to the dog. Nothing...no door handle...just reset back to day one.

ljwi
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by ljwi on Mar 24, 15 3:55 PM
Not sure what thread or message I am "replying" to--no organization, apparently. Began the game in January, 2015. Just downloaded the first update offered to me, mid-March, 2015. All sorts of changes now make the game a borderline total ripoff: ONE and IMPORTANTLY: the experience (and gold) point values on ALL the HOGs were reduced by about twenty-five percent, AND the purchase price of energy objects (coffee, croissants) has upped from coins to crystals--kind of a inflation through the roof thing. That's a real downer. I also have the problems others mentioned--can't click the bottom quest on the left, the LeGran property and others are now locked again. Don't know if I can now make the next level due to this thievery...

[Post New]by nautilis123 on Mar 25, 15 10:35 AM
Yesterday I deposited $600 and paid $300 for the boy to watch over it. It gave me only one crystal and it said that it over heated. Where was the boy who was supposed to be watching it for $300?

Sorry my bad. Forgot to give the soda to the boy after purchasing it.

Edited on 03/26/2015 at 10:11:24 AM PST

Floripa80
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Floripa80 on Mar 25, 15 12:22 PM
I am also having issues with feeding the milk to the dog: the energy meter does not fill up with the energypoints you´re supposed to get after feeding it.

Edited on 03/28/2015 at 6:04:02 AM PST

[Post New]by frequentfrog on Mar 25, 15 2:32 PM
I think when you pay the 300 coins, you don't give them really to the boy, you actually buy the soda, which you then still have to give to the boy for him to watch the machine.

[Post New]by cledger561 on Apr 4, 15 7:04 AM
I am having same issues as everyone else. Locations locked and quests lined up off the screen. Plus, when I played the game before the update, I would be able to complete 4 or 5 quests before my energy ran out. I get 510 (I think). Today, (I only play on the weekends), I was only able to complete one and a half quest. If this keeps up, I will not be playing this game anymore.

[Post New]by fallenskies on Apr 6, 15 2:57 PM
I do Not like the fact that if I have a nearly full energy load or have paid for more energy and then upgrade to the next level, I lose all the paid for energy. This has happened several times now where I lose 100+ energy points when it refills. There should be an overflow so we can retain any current energy point if you level up. I feel like I wasted over a 100 gems now buying energy points only to have them taken away.

JohnTonkin
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by JohnTonkin on Apr 7, 15 1:27 AM
I've got another issue -- I've got 100% on the Rue Morgue, but can't make progress on any of the other mysteries. Has anyone else noticed this?

[Post New]by abbeythrones on Apr 15, 15 9:23 AM
All my progress has been lost!! Is there any way to restore my player in the game? Also cannot use the menu, home buttons on the bottom!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!

[Post New]by sweetcabo on Apr 16, 15 1:55 PM
All my progress has been lost. I was at level 60 something with 720 energy, 3.5 mil in the bank and about 300 diamonds. It is all gone. Not sure I can start over. That was a lot of work.

Update: I did start over. It's actually a lot more fun now than it was. I am already at level 20, have close to 2 mil, am wearing a full set of clothes, and I find that following along with the story is a lot easier when you know a few things about the game. Yes, it did suck to lose everything, but I decided it was worth it to start over rather than sit and wait for restoration and for the next installment. Sure, I did lose money, but playing with a goal in mind is a lot more fun than what I was doing which was just mindlessly trying to spend my energy.

Update: June 11, 2015 - I made it back to level 41, $4 mil in the bank, and all that stuff again. I was on this morning, everything was fine. Then I went in again about 10am and nothing, I was reset back to zero. Nothing had changed on my computer during the 2 1/2 hours I was not playing. I don't think I will do this again and I don't believe Big Fish can reset it if all of my info has been corrupted and disappeared.

Wait, wasn't this supposed to be for technical issues. Why hasn't anything been done about people losing their whole game? Big fish, anybody there?

Edited on 06/11/2015 at 10:18:34 AM PST

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Apr 19, 15 4:25 PM
I hope that someone at BFG can help those who have lost their progress. I started playing when the initial beta test went out, and was also around level 60. But I had to start over when I had to replace my computer. On the positive side, I new that I needed to save my money for the license and was familiar with the scenes. It is also nice to have some of the new updates and features in place already.

dog2007
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dog2007 on Apr 19, 15 8:13 PM
No game play or progress issues...but the 2 locations are still locked...a future update perhaps?

The 2 I'm referring to are the Feed the Dog and Gem Maker

[Post New]by whi169 on Apr 23, 15 11:57 PM
JohnTonkin wrote:I've got another issue -- I've got 100% on the Rue Morgue, but can't make progress on any of the other mysteries. Has anyone else noticed this?

I too cannot go on. I started playing in the beta version and have been waiting thru 2 upgrades to get to the next level. I have been at 100% for months and I really liked this game but very disappointed this hasn't been remedied yet.

jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by jforever on Apr 30, 15 6:05 PM
I'm liking the update, but cannot click on the items in the gendarmery hos. It will not recognize my clicks, which happens a lot in the comparison scenes.

WANJR
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by WANJR on May 8, 15 5:38 PM
If you are working on a timed operation (where you have to go to the Crime Scene to get an item) then the program should be able to cut down on the number of times you only get money. It is getting very trying to get the timed operations done.
I enjoy the game over all BUT!!!

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on May 12, 15 11:14 PM
I lost all progress today. I had almost 5k diamonds and well over 25 million coins, almost 700 energy when the meter was full. Ever since the update to the bank deposits, I had the game open most of the day, with a timer set for 30 minutes, so had progressed a lot. Going set back to 0 was a huge shock.

I started over, but it seems so limited now, with so little energy, etc. LOL Ah well, I can build the money and gems back up, but I really, really wish I hadn't lost my levels.

Edited on 05/12/2015 at 11:15:53 PM PST

Cahira
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Cahira on May 26, 15 11:11 AM
I have been playing this game for several months and had already completed the case and was at a high level. Unfortunately, I can't remember what level. When I logged in yesterday everything was fine until the power outage due to a thunderstorm. When I logged in to play the game this morning, everything had been reset back to the beginning. Is there a way to get my game back to where it was as I enjoy the game but don't really want to start over. Help would be appreciated.

Brenda McConnell

Floripa80
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Floripa80 on May 27, 15 5:21 AM
I wanted to report 2 things. First it´s possible to deposit more gold than you own (your balance goes in the red, mine went to - 41.000). Second, after your balance is in the red the game the game won´t let you buy stuff with chrystals either. After you withdraw your money from the bank and are back in the plus again, things go back to normal. I don´t know if this is supposed to happen, so I figured I´d report it.

[Post New]by Angelwolf6667 on Jun 5, 15 6:16 AM
I have been playing Nightfall of over a year now and on level 42. When I entered the game 3 days ago it had been reset to the start of the game. I have read that others have had this issue too. Can anyone explain how or why this has happened? Can this be fixed so that I can get back to the level I was at? Feeling frustrated if I have to start over!

[Post New]by BellaLilyChloe on Jun 23, 15 5:06 PM
Angelwolf6667 wrote:I have been playing Nightfall of over a year now and on level 42. When I entered the game 3 days ago it had been reset to the start of the game. I have read that others have had this issue too. Can anyone explain how or why this has happened? Can this be fixed so that I can get back to the level I was at? Feeling frustrated if I have to start over!

Hey, Angelwolf6667. I just had this happen to me. I was less than 10 xp from leveling up to 37. The game froze. I couldn't get it to close, and for some reason, my task manager wouldn't even come up. So, I had to hard reboot my computer. When it came back up and I went back into the game, I was at the very beginning. I've never associated the game with an identifier, like my email address, because I have never been prompted to do so. So, I couldn't figure out how to restore my game. I put in a customer support request about it. I'll post here about the results.

Go to: