bgcaam79
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by bgcaam79 on Sep 22, 14 12:42 PM
Game is more or less unplayable as it keeps freezing with no way to shut it down other than a complete PC restart. I run a near enough brand new Windows 8.1 system, so it shouldn't be an update issue.
Question: Are problems like this actually passed on to the developers so they can work on a patch?

MarnieRose
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by MarnieRose on Sep 23, 14 5:50 AM
I'm also having the problem where I can't access the museum for the first world. It says I have to explore the world to open it but I finished that world a long time ago. I also have trouble accessing the harlequin's boudoir from the map like others have had. I'm sorry so many fishies are having freezing problems & I hope they come out with a fix for all these issues soon. I, too, am a long time member who is getting very sick & tired of so many games having issues.

jesterguy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jesterguy on Sep 24, 14 11:03 AM
tammytheo wrote:The game keeps freezing on me too. I can't exit with the Windows button - only with CAD. Right after, the desktop becomes a black screen and there's no way to shut the game down so I have to restart my computer. When I go back it plays ok for a while and then (oh, how lovely!) it freezes again! I have already purchased the game by the way.

This is the first time since I bought this blessed laptop of mine that I'm having such issues with a game. Windows 8.1 64-bit 5core processor laptop.

I'm hearing the sounds of the game right now but I can't close the program using the icon on the bar at the bottom of the screen as usually. I have to shut my computer down! And I can't do anything from the desktop as I have no desktop to use!

jesterguy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:.Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by jesterguy on Sep 24, 14 11:10 AM
I agree with tammytheo my computer is doing the exact same thing. it plays for a little while and then it freezes up and when I try to shut it off via the task manager I cant it goes to a black and I have to re boot. I too have windows 8.1. I cant use the windows button or cad. I have to restart my computer where it gives me an access error. too bad too this game wasn't to bad either. ive purchased this game also.

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Sep 24, 14 2:41 PM
So my question is why do we have this many people who are experiencing freezing problems with this game? I am having the exact same problem with freezing. I haven't been able to get even half way through this game.

So, why hasn't anyone done something about this?

sagefever
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by sagefever on Sep 24, 14 3:20 PM
I also have a brand new PC with Windows8, and the same issue. Frozen program with no way out except shut down. Not good.

[Post New]by melissa196303 on Sep 25, 14 2:01 PM
I had the net over the robot went to next step my computer shut down when I got back on the net was gone and I can not find it or able to advance any further HELP

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Sep 26, 14 10:29 AM
I was able to play up until the 3rd portal, the Glade. It then told me that the player file was corrupt and I needed to create a new profile. Screw that!

[Post New]by anotherlostsoul on Sep 26, 14 11:53 AM
Yet another game that freezes on contact. This is like the 4th one of this genre that freezes my entire computer.

Butting my head in the Labyrinth

[Post New]by Joey2825 on Sep 26, 14 3:51 PM
This MAY have been a great game. Some of the graphics were very interesting and HOGs not that easy. I have now uninstalled a game a paid for though, that's a first for me.

I read some advice on the freezing up and re-installed the game, checked my video card drivers and disabled the fancy (?) cursor. I got some increased traction but the unabated freeze on the floating island game just pushed me over the edge.

This is a 32-bit game and I run 64/W 8.1. That shouldn't be an issue. This is not a familiar production house, at least to me, but I will check in the future.

Signing off to go look for a game,
Joey

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Sep 26, 14 7:15 PM
Wish I had read this tech issues forum before I bought the game. Freezes up on me constantly. I tried to deal with it for a while, but I've had it. Hate to not play a game I paid for, but this is ridiculous.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 27, 14 8:21 PM
So far I have used the hint button three times and have failed to receive a hint. I think. I hear a bit of music but there are so many sparkles everywhere. I went into options and discontinued the sparkles and tried again - still no hint. No arrow, no circle, nothing but a slight change in music which seems to indicate that a hint has been given.

What is going on?

I'm on Windows 7.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 27, 14 8:24 PM
There are EIGHT pages of tech issues with this game already? What is it with BF and glitchy games? I'm afraid to buy this game even if I can figure out my problem with getting no hints. If I complain I am given a code for a free game except it's always the same code and it only works once.

What is happening with BF tech support and customer service? It used to be so good with live chat and everything. Now when I need help all I get is that same old code that doesn't work after it's used once.

BF just lost a sale with this game - the second in two days. I was thinking about the sale this weekend. Guess it's a no buy for me. I have played one glitch-free game in the last six or so HOGs.

Edited on 09/27/2014 at 8:30:32 PM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 27, 14 8:28 PM
faboomama wrote:
MerryDaze wrote:Checking back in to see if there's been a fix yet. Nope.

I don't understand how they can put out a game like this with so many issues.

I have four games with known issues and not one of them have been fixed. One of those games is from 2 years ago! They just gave me a code for a new game, but I'd rather finish the ones I bought. Oh and joke's on me. The codes they give me don't work on any game I want to buy.

I have had a game for some time with no fix. I bought another game and saw the glitchy game advertised in that game. That made me mad.
Those codes? I get the same code for multiple games that don't work. It worked the first time. Now it no longer works.

sarah451
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by sarah451 on Sep 29, 14 9:02 AM
MISSING TEXT:

In the extra game play, on the roof of the fairy castle, after you make it summer and have gotten the wheel part, if you click on the right-hand side of the bridge (the cursor is a magnifying glass), you get this text at the top of the screen: do_010_freeze.

Missed some error checking, did we?

sadies_dad
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by sadies_dad on Sep 29, 14 1:31 PM
Also severe freezing problem. My entire system is up-to-date as of this time today. I'm disappointed that BFG hasn't addressed this issue yet, despite the plethora of notices on this tech forum. I may have to request a refund.

procats
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by procats on Oct 4, 14 7:19 AM
Played demo, find, bought. Played up until I got into the lab and game froze. Had to turn off computer to get out. Got back in, same thing. Uninstalled, reinstalled. Played good until got into first portal, then same thing. Tired of this Big Fish. Not trouble shooting, done with that as it never works anyway. Returning game for a credit. Oh, and I have windows 8.1 too. What is the use of having a newer computer and these games still don't work right? I play other games just as nice as this one and they are fine. I am done with this one.

[Post New]by Discus4566 on Oct 5, 14 6:05 AM
To my surprise, this (still defective) game is now being sold in the standard edition, with exactly the same issues as in the CE version. Therefore BF is now selling a game, which they know is not functioning. Interesting....?

[Post New]by Anthropologist on Oct 5, 14 7:40 AM
Well, I am totally baffled. I downloaded the demo version of this and it is freezing. This game is still broken over a month after release. This certainly breaks UK trades descriptions law as these games are not sold as described (i.e. bug free and working) and are not fit for purpose. I bought the new Raincliffe last month and had a problem with that, emailed CC and they were not really that bothered. I'm wondering what I am paying my monthly fee for now, WHERE ARE THE GOOD GAMES BIG FISH AND WHY IS THE RUBBISH YOU DO RELEASE BROKEN?

[Post New]by Anthropologist on Oct 5, 14 8:17 AM
I also want to add this, copied directly from the Game's pages on the BFG website, just fur fun -

The Big Fish Guarantee:

Quality tested and virus free

LOL

Go to: