eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

Re:An Urgent Letter to Big Fish Games

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 11, 14 1:50 PM
You know they say Rome was not build it a day but Lord all mighty WHY does it take SO LONG and us screaming our lungs out till we CAN not speak to get a very simple answer to what 1 zillion complaints from US THE PAYING CUSTOMERS even thought this is supposed to be a free to play gane.
WE ALL AGREE NOW AND HAVE BEFORE THAT IT TAKES MONEY TO RUN A GAME okay fine we understand that and I as I am sure others do NOT mind spending real cash BUT when we make suggestions and completly ignored what do you think is going to happen?? EXACTLY what is going on right now, you are bleeding players and yet you seem to turn a blind eye so again my question is WHY???
What on God's green earth is it going to take for the MONEY MEN to open there blind eyes? a total lose of players? you can see how many of us the older (in game time I mean) have left and might NOT come back and you can see that alot of new players leave after just a few weeks so come on get with the programe and show some respect for your clients., Let me tell you if I tryed to pull this C*** in the Army I would be out so fast my feet would not hit the floor DISHOUNERABLE DISCHARGE oh you bet.
WAKE UP MONEY MEN....
Captain Randy of the Canadaian Army Corps.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Oct 12, 14 7:48 AM
Randy, I so agree with you. It is bad enough that players are leaving, but the ones who remain and care enough to speak out find it insulting to be ignored and receive only "canned" replies time and again. Some of our suggestions are excellent ones, that would only improve and enhance the game which in turn will retain and bring in more players, thus MORE MONEY. I just don't understand why player opinion carries no weight with the "Money Men" as we are giving them well thought out suggestions as to how to obtain that money.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 12, 14 12:11 PM
I so agree and I want it to be understood by the MONEY MEN I will never ever give up posting spewing my mouth and being a pain in there side .
The mods may really get fed up reading these posts and the can ignore them if they want BUT THEY WILL NOT STOP by me and the other unhappy players,, stoping is to admit to defeat and I as a paying (BF knows how much I have spent on there/this game)customer will never stop untill I get MY BUCKS WORTH and in turn the other players get theres.
HOW DARE YOU IGNORE YOUR PAYING/PLAYING CUSTOMERS.
If this was any other product and I payed for it even a little at a time as in the game and I was unhappy with so called product do you really think I would not return said item or product and demand a refund, but seeing this is ONLY a game and you hold all the reins that gives you the right to use us like this and to ignore what we have all said is a way to fix what is wrong and make every one happy.
You have the idea MY WAY OUR THE HIGWAY I highly suggest to BF and to the MONEY MEN behind there games to take heed as to what the players are saying we do NOT want a quick fix or to make things easy we just want to enjoy these games and stop the feeling we are being drained dry and nothing to show for it.
I play this game because I love it and the hours of joy it used to give but now I feel used .

Patzy140
Clownfish
Clownfish
528 Posts

[Post New]by Patzy140 on Oct 12, 14 12:30 PM
Well said as always Captain Randy!

Eloquent as ever, and a posting that most of us long term players will back.

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Oct 12, 14 4:23 PM
This game....if at ALL possible....seems to be getting worse instead of better. It would appear that each new 'update' brings 'changes' which seems to favour the Developer and put the Player at a disadvantage!

I have found that I will do a scene and then instead of having the coins added to my inventory they are taken away. I watched this happen....and couldn't believe my eyes! Instead of receiving the 50 coins for the scene they were deducted from my Inventory total! How long this has been going on is anybody's guess....but I don't think that it is something new.

I have been keeping track of the stamps that I have (each night I do a tally) but when I go to craft an item somehow the number has changed....and NOT for the better. Today, for instance...and this is after playing MANY scenes and SUPPOSEDLY getting stamps from a few of them (which I am not taking into account here) I found that I was short 13 Blue stamps and 31 White stamps. How do you account for that. I had NOT crafted anything to use them.

Now...on Level 40 and completing the LAST (I hope) of the tasks for the Automaton...he wants 2 of the Real Power...Cost $4,500 each and 2 of the Strength & Courage....Cost $2,000 each. This is a total cost of $13,000 for this Quest alone.
And the REWARD.....I am surprised that they have the cheek to call it that is a Grand Sum of $650.

You don't even get anything for crafting these items. I have already done one of each and managed to get A Wand, A bag of Special Pet Food and One Plain Stamp.
And......OH YES!.......Don't let me forget.....the dreaded red Xs!

Now that my coin inventory is at an all time low I just know that the NEXT series of Quests are going to be really costly ones. And IF this is the case then I don't know if I can continue to support this game. It seems to be ridiculously one-sided with the odds stacked against the players.

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Oct 12, 14 7:38 PM
Thank you Fishpole for moving this post over to here as No Fish suggested. I think it'll do a lot more good over here. I wholeheartedly agree with Teddy's words, that's why we started this letter in the first place. The fact that no one from Big Fish with any clout has stepped up and cleared the air, is very telling. We don't want spindoctors, we want to know what the plans are. You've got the work orders, share them. Hearing nothing makes us suspect the worst.
How about as a first step, give the Mods a specific and bulleted list of what the updates include. Which bugs have been worked on, which are complete, which need more beta testing by us, etc. We'll help, just let us know what you're trying to do!

Edited on 10/13/2014 at 7:07:03 PM PST

xshoshin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
415 Posts

[Post New]by xshoshin on Oct 12, 14 7:39 PM
Just some ideas and observations...

Regarding the HOS scenes...they are truly hideously boring...why not take a page from Dark Manor and provide several different ways to do each scene?

How about increasing the number of quests to move forward BUT varying the requirements? Instead of requiring a crafted item 3 times that needs two or three things (same scenes a dozen times) why not just use ALL of the ZZ and craftable items available?

Happy players spend money...unhappy ones do not. New players are going to give up earlier (without spending money) when they read the forums and see what's coming.

I think this mess belongs to Big Fish. I'm seeing similar dissatisfactions with game play, changes, and lack of acknowledgement/response in other games (same Big Fish but different developers) so I think the fish is driving the policy, not the elephant.

I see very little point to all the pets.

And I do not understand why players have hugely different (consistent, not just lucky) experiences...e.g. Why so some people get half a dozen unique stamps every day consistently and others one to none?

That's all I have to add right now.

Edited on 10/12/2014 at 7:40:23 PM PST

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Oct 13, 14 12:43 AM
Fishpole, I so agree with everything you said. As I stated already the bad business praxis of BF started approx. 1 1/2 - 2 years ago. They did change a lot of things against their customers, not only the business rules but there were also a lot of tech problems, e.g. not working game manager, games starting to make problems right after the test hour was over etc. A good example is the "Tomorrow's game today". Today they offer a game that was already released in April 2013 !!!!! And above that the game has very bad reviews. For quite a long time there are always special offers for the "normal" games, this never happened before and shows to me that they have a lot of problems and lost quite a number of customers. No wonder that they now try everything to press money out of the FTP players and instruct the developers to change the FTP games in a way that the players will need to pay real money to advance. In doing so they will even loose more customers and soon get no new ones, but they seem not to realise this !!!!!!

Edited on 10/13/2014 at 12:45:02 AM PST

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Oct 13, 14 1:30 AM
Dear Big Fish Games

If I don't get a content update in the next couple of days (and a good'un, perhaps with new/changed HOG scenes, a new map area opened up, an interesting twist in the storyline, reduction of max HOG wait times to 30 minutes, an exciting little new side-game like the gaming table or the fortune wheel, but not as pressurised as the tournament, stuff like that). I shall come to your office, lie down on the floor and have a full-on, toddler-type screaming abdabs tantrum until you promise to deliver all the above and more by Friday.

You have been warned.

Thank you

Izzie

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Oct 13, 14 2:13 AM
LOL

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 13, 14 3:57 AM
Izziewizz wrote:Dear Big Fish Games

If I don't get a content update in the next couple of days (and a good'un, perhaps with new/changed HOG scenes, a new map area opened up, an interesting twist in the storyline, reduction of max HOG wait times to 30 minutes, an exciting little new side-game like the gaming table or the fortune wheel, but not as pressurised as the tournament, stuff like that). I shall come to your office, lie down on the floor and have a full-on, toddler-type screaming abdabs tantrum until you promise to deliver all the above and more by Friday.

You have been warned.

Thank you

Izzie

And I'll join you

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 13, 14 4:10 PM
Count me in

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Oct 13, 14 7:12 PM
LMAO Izzie! Teddy why didn't we think of that? Imagine a "flash mob" of tantrums in Big Fish's Seattle HQ! Izzie, count me in.

Anessa

Musicalizzie
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Musicalizzie on Oct 14, 14 10:31 AM
Wow. I took a hiatus from the game (and the forum) for a few weeks, and I am amazed at what has happened, and what has not.

Thank you to Anessa and her troops for putting together this letter, I know it took a lot of hard work and effort, and I think your main points are understood.

However - have they truly been heard? Reading through this entire thread, once again the mods have assured us that they have passed on all of this feedback, and that the developers wish to make the game more enjoyable once again, but has it changed? Really changed? NO. IT'S STILL THE SAME. The same endless HOS ad nauseum, the same high costs, the same glitches we have been complaining about for months are not fixed, and another 2 updates have rolled out with no apparent difference except the tournament feature, which I have no interest in, and which I believe will end up not benefitting the players at all but put more money in pockets.

So, I was gone for a month, and nothing really changed. I am disgusted with for their obvious lack of caring for their customers. I used to buy other games, short hog games that I enjoyed, but could only play through once or twice and be done. Now because of their neglect to address the concerns of their FTP gaming community, I will never give them another cent. I will never buy another game from them, and will encourage others to do the same (which won't be hard to do, because so many feel the same as I do). You've lost a lot more money in the long run if others do the same as me.

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on Oct 14, 14 11:34 AM
Vlania wrote:LMAO Izzie! Teddy why didn't we think of that? Imagine a "flash mob" of tantrums in Big Fish's Seattle HQ! Izzie, count me in.

Anessa

ROLF and a tantrum tooooo....Count me in ( <<<closest to a WWWAAAA)

Edited on 10/14/2014 at 11:43:21 AM PST

gerl2
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by gerl2 on Oct 14, 14 1:49 PM
How about picking a random day and everyone not play on that specific day...that would catch some attention.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Oct 14, 14 2:49 PM
Hey there

Just popping in to check in with you all.

We have been sending your feedback to the appropriate teams, but it can take time to implement changes. We really appreciate the patience you've all shown so far, and we are working as hard as we can to move the game into a more positive direction for you.

We want this to be a game that you all enjoy, and your feedback is invaluable. It's taken a little more time than expected, and again, we truly do thank you all for being so patient while we work on this

bfgVaiya

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Oct 14, 14 4:40 PM
Thank you bfgValya for your post but take no offence because it is not meant that way, it is NOT you we need to hear from. It is themselves. It just needs to be a short letter saying in effect that they have noted our comments & that the developers are working on ??? (be specific eg fixing missing inventory pages). It would ease over half the angst being expressed here & in other posts.

It is difficult being in the position of messenger & I thank you for the great job you are doing. Just wish that would be proactive & do something to ease the tension.

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Oct 14, 14 4:55 PM
by gerl2 on October 14, 1:49 PM
How about picking a random day and everyone not play on that specific day...that would catch some attention.

It maybe the only way to get their attention, money. More than a day, how about as long as it takes!
It makes sense, NO play NO Pay money speaks!

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 14, 14 8:51 PM
LOL Vlania Yep I did think of it but am I going to be alone I will look pretty silly all by myself having a hissy fit on the floor of the BF office in Seattle that;s in Wasington right , hey don't laugh I am Canadaian oh maybe I will see the Pres and he can order a halt to this insanity , oh wait he is not in Seattle okay I am Sleepless .

Go to: