SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Dec 19, 14 8:20 PM
Tried re installing. Peculiarly enough after I reinstalled my previous profile was still there. Tried a new profile and got as far as the car and THEN froze. It happens just as you click on the object that hides the final match- you can hear a "movement" but it totally freezes up. Of course it TOTALLY must be MY computer at fault.< sarcasm.

Sad in' it? ya pays yer money and ya don't get whut u payed fer. Nice.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by kaywofct on Dec 20, 14 11:52 AM
I have AdWare to block malware and I disabled it Before I diabled it,It told me it is malware and asks if I still want to install it. I marked it as a keeper and was again questioned.
The game is in my Game Manager, but will not load.

Thank you, Kathy ...Sorry, posted for wrong game

Edited on 12/23/2014 at 11:29:31 AM PST

[Post New]by drgnldy_3666 on Dec 24, 14 9:40 PM
Just wished to let you all know that the game downloaded fine with my computer and did not find any viruses on it. I am using McAfee as well and am sorry to hear that many of you are. I have never had an issue with the games having viruses from Big Fish and hope that it is resolved for those of you who are having problems.

Edited on 12/24/2014 at 9:40:50 PM PST

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Dec 25, 14 4:03 PM
I run Windows 8.1 on a 6MB RAM machine with all updated drivers and plug-ins. I managed to get through the freezing pairs in the car. Managed to get through the freezing pairs in the hotel (I think it was the hotel--it was inside a building, anyway). Had to go to Task Manager both times and close down BFG and restart the computer. Then I got to the freezing pair in the attic (blankets). Not only did the usual rigamarole not work, I got to start over FROM THE BEGINNING. "Your profile is corrupt. It has been deleted." Perhaps the developers (who are NOT BFG for the last two games) should look at something in their cookie-cutter game engine that creates the "match the hidden pair" games. Seems like everyone who has had a corrupted profile has been stuck on one.

Edited to add: I have now been instructed to start over because of corrupted profile data a total of FOUR times. The second time was when putting together the photo of the girl from Dire Grove in a HOP. The third? Putting together the page about the Mistwalkers protecting the grove. The Fourth? Putting together the tablet after doing the puzzle in the Sacred Grove (the bells, birdies and deer head one). I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I've checked all my drivers, etc. Guess I'll just give up and play the original Dire Grove again. Geesh.

One more addition: I managed to finish the game, but I had to Task Manager out of the BFG processes rather than the game itself when I got locked up. I also had to go directly into the HOP and use a hint to find exactly where to click, because the first click is all you get before freeze-up happens again. Annoying, but at least I didn't have to start over. Again.

Edited on 12/27/2014 at 3:54:48 AM PST

[Post New]by pcgamer29 on Dec 30, 14 12:44 PM
Hi all,

I have been reading the posts here and I also have a problem with the game. I never had issues with any games from Big Fish and I have been downloading games since roughly 2009--probably earlier!

My issue though is not with a virus being detected. Once I am in the game, I get an error--it closes out and then my laptop gets the dreaded blue screen. I am working with an Acer laptop Core i5 processor with a brand new hard drive with 1TB.Windows 7.

I am not quite sure if there is an error within the game itself--but I am afraid to open the game up again, because I just spent quite a bit of money getting a new hard drive and I don't want to ruin it on the account of a game---but I love hidden object games, especially Mystery Case Files, so I hope there is a solution soon!

[Post New]by pcgamer29 on Dec 30, 14 12:53 PM
One more thing that I thought was odd is that the mystery case files website has not identified the new game. They usually keep the site up-to-date. http://mysterycasefiles.com/

Anyway, just thought I would mention that...

[Post New]by Glendadb on Dec 31, 14 2:50 AM
madalee wrote:Opened the box in Derek's house and now I can't get the glass cutter part. I have the other two, but the cursor won't change. Do I need to start all over?

foreczecher44 wrote:
madalee, Same thing happened to me with the glass cutter base. I just kept clicking all around the open box, and it finally gave me the piece. Hope you didn't already start over!!

Same for me though foreczecher44 gave me hope I'd be able to click all around the box and hit on the right spot, but I can't seem to find it. I'm too far in to want to start over, so I'm not happy. I didn't think it would matter whether I opened the box first or not.
What can I do?

[Post New]by kalamity on Dec 31, 14 11:10 PM
During the bonus play, the game freezes when I go to the shrine and light the candles in the correct order. The opening in the totem slides up, but when I select on the device in the wall, it displays, but the game freezes. I cannot select the X in the top right of the screen to exit the screen and go back to the Main Menu. I have to restart my MacBook Air running Yosemite.

[Post New]by KyleKyleKyle on Jan 11, 15 1:04 PM
2nd attempt the download completed but the game won't start. so frustrating!
uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't fix the problem

Graceful1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Graceful1 on Jan 13, 15 5:54 PM
I just tried twice to download and install this game on my 3 year old laptop. I am running window 8.1 with Webroot Secure Anywhere antivirus program. I have never had such a problem with a Big Fish Game. From reading the forums, I see that multiple folks have not been able to download the game or they have detected a virus from the game on their computers. This is a real disappointment for the buildup this game had. I played the beta just fine, by the way. I just sent a customer service request with a Dr. Felix report for a fix. If Big Fish cannot fix this issue, I want either a full refund of my money or a coupon code for a free Collectors Edition game. This should not be with so many people reporting ongoing problems and Big Fish has not provided a fix or explanation.

chrissch
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by chrissch on Jan 15, 15 12:26 PM
Ive had no problems with the game playing beautifully until the broken window. it has the plus sign which means you must do something additional or add to it, when I first clicked on it all the broken pieces were to the side, I clicked on each on and they were placed back on the mirror, at that point it froze on me. I had to end task as could not click off it. now that I'm back up the mirror will not respon at all when clicked on still has the plus sign next to it. I feel I'm pretty far into the game at this point do not want to uninstall and reinstall so frustrated. I read some had the game freeze at the car. Oh wish they had a fix for this one. Any suggestions? Im using windows Vista.

Edited on 01/15/2015 at 12:28:55 PM PST

[Post New]by fairygodmother55 on Jan 15, 15 5:57 PM
Wow! I thought I was the only one that was having issues with downloading this. Everytime I try, it will not down load. I've been back and forth with emails from tech services and they have given me multiple solutions, none of them are working. I have an older MAC and was able to download a different game recently without an issues, but not this one, or another similar large file game. Very frustrated but I have to say that the tech person has been nice about giving m suggestions.

[Post New]by janieangel525 on Feb 4, 15 9:08 AM
HI! I am in the side yard and have placed the sun pieces on the box but nothing happens. I have tried and tried and each time I press the hint button it tells me the same, to go to the side yard. What is the issue, am I doing something wrong? HELP!!

[Post New]by Creniere on Feb 11, 15 7:15 AM
Re lease post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Nov 25, 14 7:39 AM

jojo3983 wrote:using windows 8. got into the car and the game freezes. The music still playing but won't let me out of the car. I am clicking on try to find the pairs.

EXACTLY the same issue for me at the same spot. I had gotten to last group of pairs - coins. I can move my cursor but nothing happens, clicking does nothing, can't exit or use hint or strategy guide. Using Windows 7 Home Premium.

Same issue for me as above gamers. No fix works.

PhillieKat
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by PhillieKat on Feb 13, 15 2:27 PM
I was almost at the end of the game when the game shut down completely. I went back into the game hoping that my previous plays were saved somehow, but it stated that the profile became corrupt so the data was deleted. I would have to start the game all over again. There goes many hours down the tube! I waited what seemed forever for a new Dire Grove game to come out and I can't even finish it. I am not going to play it over again in the event that the same thing would happen in the same place.

[Post New]by jayneyarmstrong on Mar 28, 15 11:34 AM
Hi

Have loaded the games twice now and seems all OK but when it tries to play I get an Access Violation error.

Any ideas??

[Post New]by havokandwar36 on Apr 9, 15 12:15 PM
Hi,

just having some issues with the collectors edition of MCF dire Grove Sacred Grove

I have installed I through the game manager but every time I try to run it I get a message which reads "Error: Access violation at 0x004489C8 (tried to write to 0x00090FFC), Program Terminated" and then the game manager screen changes to the "play again" screen but the game won't run.

I am running windows 7 64-bit with 8GB RAM and an Nvidia Graphics card.
I have run a memory check on the RAM with no faults.

I have followed the advice on the forums about turning off Anti-virus etc but it hasn't worked.

I have since turned off windows firewall, removed antivirus software and spybot and malwarebytes software and I still cannot load the game with the same fault as above.

please can someone advise on anything I can do to fix this.

please contact me if you need any more info.

many thanks

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 10, 15 11:38 AM
Hi Everyone,

havokandwar36 - Thank you for trying the recommended steps in our help articles.

For anyone who is still seeing issues with the game, I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

I hope that you'll be able to play the game soon.

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by Tortugabait on May 28, 15 5:09 PM
I am nearly finished with the game but I think I have stumbled on a glitch in the HOP for the Banshee Flower. I initially found all the flowers to thaw but now I have a message saying to "release the flowers from ice x -6" I had already clicked on all the flowers and melted the ice when I got the first message to "release the flowers from ice x 6." Immediately after that, the directions stated the above message about -6. I have clicked on every part of the screen with no results and even changed from the "Wise Druid" mode to "Casual" to see if the Hint would help but all that happens after I hit the button is that the hint starts to recharge. Is this a glitch and if so, how can I keep the game I have played and move on?

[Post New]by MomMaz on Jun 9, 15 3:09 PM
I'm in the car HOP and the last pair to match is the coins. Game is stuck. I've closed it and opened it three times. Can't do anything else.

Go to: