NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

Re:An appeal to reconsider the AW decision

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jun 30, 15 10:10 PM
DanVa wrote:I think it would be helpful for people to address their anger and concerns at the proper target. From what I have gathered, from here and elsewhere, the main decision maker in this situation is BIG FISH not Boom Zap. BZ has stated that they have the scenarios in place to complete the game but BF, as the owner and publisher, has or will not give permission to proceed with the updates. There is a lot of talk about mutual agreement and going in other directions. This is a smoke screen to CYA for BF and their new venture capitalist owners. The Churchhill Downs hedge fund managers will just suck the life and money out of BF and let it die. They could care less about honesty, integrity or the players here.

Thank you for having the guts to post what I felt but didn't have the nerve to say. BF has to pay for updates to these FTP games, so good on you!!

napoeon
Catfish
Catfish
1,565 Posts

[Post New]by napoeon on Jul 1, 15 5:40 AM
I'm popping in from another forum..... don't play AK... but I'm here to sign my name for a good cause....
Please BFG/ Boom Zap... reconsider the decision....at least a final update that would complete the game.

winterwine
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by winterwine on Jul 1, 15 6:22 AM
I am here from another forum also. I know that if this were to happen to the ftp game I play, I would be majorly, seriously ticked off. (Putting in polite language here so it doesn't get deleted by mods)........
Anyway, please let the players of this game get the needed updates to allow closure to their game. I know that if this were to happen to the game I play I would want the closure also.

[Post New]by stardust1000 on Jul 1, 15 7:20 AM
I agree. Game should have an ending. It is like reading a really good book and finding the last chapter ripped out. Been with big fish a long time. How awful of them to do this.

StacieR
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by StacieR on Jul 1, 15 7:34 AM
I took wish you would reconsider and continue supporting this game.

moogie59
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by moogie59 on Jul 1, 15 3:07 PM
It has been mentioned that this thread has been passed on to the appropriate people. How about some feedback as to weather these people are taking any notice, is there any disscussion at all about all this or are we being ignored again. We are all hoping that some solution will be found so how about keeping us in the loop. Even a quick no news yet but still trying would do . It has been 6 weeks since the announcement and once again the players are being treated like second class citizens. There is one word that Big Fish should add to there vocabulary and make it a priority. COMMUNICATION.

alicemary
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by alicemary on Jul 2, 15 5:16 AM
NoFishToday wrote:
DanVa wrote:I think it would be helpful for people to address their anger and concerns at the proper target. From what I have gathered, from here and elsewhere, the main decision maker in this situation is BIG FISH not Boom Zap. BZ has stated that they have the scenarios in place to complete the game but BF, as the owner and publisher, has or will not give permission to proceed with the updates. There is a lot of talk about mutual agreement and going in other directions. This is a smoke screen to CYA for BF and their new venture capitalist owners. The Churchhill Downs hedge fund managers will just suck the life and money out of BF and let it die. They could care less about honesty, integrity or the players here.

I play both games that they are not going to update and hae spent far to much money to be happy.]

Edited on 07/02/2015 at 5:17:34 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 2, 15 9:10 AM

BoomZap executives have been giving interviews for over 2 years at gaming conferences about how they planned to make games for the Southeast Asian mobile gaming market. That's before ART or AK was even released!

And anybody who subscribed to BZ's newletter knows about their kickstart page where they state "But we've always been limited to making the kinds of games that publishers support. For years, we've wanted to make the kind of games that we want to play ourselves: hardcore strategy multiplayer games that can be played in short play sessions and are NOT Free-to-Play. "

BoomZap does not want to make hidden object games any more. They think they can make more money making a different kind of game.

Debbieg54
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Debbieg54 on Jul 2, 15 7:33 PM
I agree with everyone who has posted on this forum. I love the game and have encouraged my daughter-in-law to play it, mainly due to the beauty of the game. However, there is no closure to the game. There are several areas of the game just left hanging and that is frustrating. I am severely disappointed. that we are all left hanging with no closure for the game. Every game that I have ever play through the years has had a closure. Please have one last update to bring closure for all of us.

[Post New]by Night_Queen23 on Jul 3, 15 6:05 PM
Please bring back Awakening Kingdoms I have not finished I have not yet entered the two locked doors and I wanted to get that idiot Hermit out of his cottage and kick his A.
Please make some more updates..."I'll be your friend!"

This feels like I past relationship I once had I did not get any closure!!! I need closure PLEASE!!!

[Post New]by Darkstar_94 on Jul 4, 15 11:23 AM
I was very disappointed to find out that this game will no longer be updated. I love the storyline of this & the regular AK games and feel that we have all just been "left hanging." On the practical side, I have a ton of inventory, including diamonds that I have spent real money on (not to mention the hours I have spent playing) that I now just have sitting around doing nothing. I would, at the very least, like to have some actual conclusion to the game so it just doesn't feel like such a waste & letdown.

I don't really care whose decision it was, but whoever did make the decision needs to have some lessons in common courtesy & customer service. We try to teach our children to finish what they start & this is not the way to lead by example. It is also very poor customer service - I had been waiting for updates & I really don't check the forums that often, so I had no idea what was going on for at least a month or more. There could have been a pop-up or other notice in the game manager to let players know to check the forms for an important announcement. It doesn't seem that anyone bothered to take all the players into account & I'm sure that both BZ & BF will be losing customers over this mess. Not really the way to build a loyal customer base. I haven't decided what I will do, but I will most likely never be purchasing another AK game. To paraphrase James Hook... "Bad Form, ladies & gentlemen, Bad Form!"

etk51
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by etk51 on Jul 4, 15 12:19 PM
I'm writing because of Bluex's request. I play AW, ART, MC, DM , Agency 33, Nightfall, Found and Gummy Drop. Because I liked this game so much, I purchased the other AW games. Now I wish I hadn't. My monthly membership is on hold and I don't know if I'm going to reinstate it. With AW and ART gone and DM up in the air, I most likely won't because these are the only HO's I play and it seems that new time management games are far and few between. Please, please, please BF authorize the continuation of AW and ART. I have been a fish for about 3 years and paid the monthly membership. A lot of months I never even used the credit because there weren't TM games that had good reviews. I have gotten more enjoyment out of these games than all the ones I own. RECONSIDER PLEASE.

[Post New]by Geeege on Jul 4, 15 11:07 PM
BZ and BF are for profit companies so the primary rule always has to be follow the money. Their decision to discontinue AK has to be because they weren't making the profits they believe they can make from other games. If they had offered AK from the start not as a free to play but as a purchase game, with in app purchases they might have met their desired profit end point. Since they haven't they are now willing to incur bad will and loss of customers in order to go make more profitable games. Sad but true. I like others have spent considerable $$$ on the game, because I enjoyed playing the game, it gave me fun and relaxation every day. Now I'm very said a little bit of sweet fantasy has gone out of my life. I would be willing, like many others to pay a purchase price maybe even a monthly subscription price to continue the game. If BZ and BF really want to follow the money they should find a way to continue the game and maintain a huge loyal customer base.

[Post New]by cdmrsny55 on Jul 5, 15 3:41 PM
I am a 60 year old grandma of 10 who has been a BF member for a number of years now, and Boomzap is my favorite developer. I have all the Awakening series, Otherworld, Botanica, and was thrilled to, I thought, purchase and begin a new series, Emberwing. All of the Boomzap games I have have been beautifully created. The artwork is without equal, the sound tracks are the best music I've heard in any game, and the story lines are, again, without equal. I realize that I'm late to the party as to reading the announcement cancelling ALL of those games, but I had to put in my (at least) two cents into the discussion. It is a sad time when developers and distributors cannot get their act together; they are in the business of providing quality entertainment for their considerable customer base. I've played these games with one of my grandsons, reading the script to him, teaching him how to play the games, and as a six year old, he can play most of the games himself. He is always excited to hang with me and we have a wonderful time with them all. I've checked our KickStart and am going to pass on those offerings. I moved past the arcade games long ago, in the days of Pac Man, Donkey Kong, etc. when I played them with my kids. I may be cancelling my membership with BF, since this extraordinary developer will no longer be creating quality games of interest to me, and I'm certain that I'm not the only one. It's a shame...

[Post New]by striver56 on Jul 6, 15 3:19 AM
Just like the lady who just posted I am also a Grandma (65) and my 5 year old granddaughter loves helping me play AK. I had to tell her yesterday that Big Fish have stopped AK and so we will never defeat the Basilisk, collect the books and open the door at the shrine, find out what's in the egg, meet the hermit or get to use any of the dark crystals and slime we spent many hours collecting by feeding the chest.

She was visibly upset and disappointed which made me even sadder...

[Post New]by LittlestHobo on Jul 7, 15 11:58 AM
To the Mods,

Since you all have stated repeatedly that you act on our behalf to the powers that be, I.e. Big Fish, I am making this appeal: Put out a thread to take a poll of how many players would purchase outright the final portion of this game. Players that have advanced to the point where many of us are now would be eligible to buy the game to play to its conclusion. This way new players will have something to work for and then have the option to purchase the game. Some newbies may even use cash to buy things to get them to the point of buying the conclusion update.
BFG would make a lot of players happy, including myself and they would make money and finally send closure for the players, the mods, and BF. They may even ease the exit of some members. I even thought about leaving BF, but I like their other games. I have however, stopped buying games on sale.

I have been reading various threads and throughout this forum, many have expressed such a desire to purchase.

What say you?

Demanding anything from BFG is like banging your head against the wall. It gets you nowhere and you just get a huge headache in the end. I figure if we appeal to the fact that BFG is a company out to make money, let's let them take the high road: we get our ending by paying for it and they get more money out of it.

Annemotherof3
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Annemotherof3 on Jul 8, 15 4:35 AM
I can't believe that this game has been shelved. Surely Big Fish owe it's players a continued service to it's customers, who have spent quite a bit of their hard earned cash. I really think that this decision should be seriously reconsidered. I have been a Big Fish customer for many years now and have not had many complaints about them and have always found them very helpful and fair in their decisions but I must say that this one stinks.

If the game has been shelved then why are they still allowing it to be played by unsuspecting customers, who spend their cash in order to progress through the game. They should not still be taking money knowing that the game can't be completed.

Shame on you Big Fish.

[Post New]by caleonard on Jul 8, 15 5:33 AM
I am also very sad that there will be no more updates to this game and I implore BFG to consider releasing the last part of the game as an in-app purchase. I would like some closure too. It may be that there wasn't enough return on this kind of game for in-app purchases of resources and BFG decided that they would not continue it for that reason. I say, okay, but at least give the game it's ending and that can be an in-app purchase, similar to bonus content in other games. With all the negatives this game had, I still see the positives - beautiful graphics, interesting mini-games, fun interactions for the quests. It was boring sometimes but fun most of the time, so I am very sad to see it go. I am at level 53, no quests left, completed all the castle upgrades, and I was working on earning enough crystals to buy the energy item that permanently reduces energy recharge to 2 minutes; I was at 503 crystals and needed a total of 800, but now I will never get there. I would have loved to finish the bookcase and see what was in the corral. I really wanted to defeat the basilisk and also to discover what was on the last floating island. The white glowing egg will remain a mystery as will the last little building on Gizmotek Industrials. Please Big Fish consider selling an add-on to finish out those pieces of the game.

sj1384_
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by sj1384_ on Jul 8, 15 4:21 PM
I think the idea of some of the prev posters for BF to SELL a final installment of this game would be fabulous. I've stopped buying things but that I would definitely buy.

[Post New]by Maebird on Jul 9, 15 8:10 AM
My in game name is Maebird. I've bought all of the Awakening Kingdoms games. They are visually stunning. The game play in each game is well thought out and challenging, and the music is absolutely beautiful. So, playing Awakening Kingdoms was a great alternative and fix for me who have become addicted to this series of games. Now, I read that the decision was made to not continue with the AK game all together. I thought that the players who buy and support Big Fish games were better respected than this. Why would this organization refuse to update Awakening Kingdoms without first polling the players to receive feed back? For months now, I've been checking the posts to see when the new updates were to arrive. That's when I read that this will never happen. Why start such a wonderful game and just stop? You can't or won't even give us a reason as to why AK will no longer be updated. And yet, there are many worlds and many quests left incomplete. Did the developers/artist just tire of the everyday grind. If that's the case then, hire another team of artist to complete the worlds we started and then discontinue the game. It's unfair and highly unprofessional to just abandon the players after all the time and effort invested in AK, not to mention money. In essence, you're thumbing your nose at us, the players who love and play this game everyday. Read the suggestions of some the players and come to a positive solution so all can walk away winners. I am asking for those in charge to repeal this decision.

Go to: