jdlane32
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by jdlane32 on Jun 27, 15 6:33 PM
Since this game had so many issues, I decided to go back and play the last Spirit of Revenge, which I had purchased last summer. I didn't remember much about it, but started having trouble early in the game this time. Hint stopped working, and I wasn't able to click on an active area. I went to the forum for that game, and found seven pages of tech problems on that game as well. Obviously, the developer is unable to code this game correctly. There is no update to the last game, even a year later, and so I am assuming they won't have an update to this one either. I won't be buying this, even though it seemed like a good game. Fool me once.....etc etc.

lordofys
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by lordofys on Jun 27, 15 8:07 PM
zendnez wrote:Another Mac user with the same problem as reported by many others - I'm several scrolls in (past the kitten and milk saucer). Inserted the token into the scroll. Game crashed. Now, when starting the game up, the scroll has the token already inserted but there's nothing I can do to get the video to play or to get at the item in the scroll.

Same thing for me. Exact same spot. Game crashed. Now the token is in the scroll but nothing happens.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by SurreyDowns on Jun 27, 15 10:31 PM
FreedomII wrote:Using Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3. Got to the scroll holding the skull but game crashed when I placed the pirate token. When I re-started, the scroll with the token wouldn't play, although it does show I need to interact with the scroll. I'm at the point where I need the item inside the scroll to move forward, but apparently I'll have to restart the game since I can't override, skip, or otherwise manage to get the scroll to autoplay. Not a win...

I was hoping to find a solution in the forum, but it seems I am not the only one having the same problem with the scroll not opening. I will keep watching for a solution or update.

Tabbitha53
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Tabbitha53 on Jun 28, 15 3:48 AM
OK as so many others were having the same problem as me I decided to wait for a Dev to offer a solution.

8 pages now and not a word from you Techs on a fix ??????

Whats going on ??

Please get this sorted or post SOMETHING as I feel I am just being ignored

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Jun 28, 15 6:39 AM
jdlane32 wrote:Since this game had so many issues, I decided to go back and play the last Spirit of Revenge, which I had purchased last summer. I didn't remember much about it, but started having trouble early in the game this time. Hint stopped working, and I wasn't able to click on an active area. I went to the forum for that game, and found seven pages of tech problems on that game as well. Obviously, the developer is unable to code this game correctly. There is no update to the last game, even a year later, and so I am assuming they won't have an update to this one either. I won't be buying this, even though it seemed like a good game. Fool me once.....etc etc.

HA!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what I did too. Hint quit working as well. Not holding my breath for a fix on this game either.

[Post New]by Lramos on Jun 28, 15 6:51 AM
Playing on a new HP windows 8.1, drivers are up to date....I bought the game and played up to the "dressing the dolls" same issue as stated in previous comments. tried going in with different name, started over, tried the work around, didn't work for me, 3rd dress disappeared again - please get this fixed, or give me a refund

[Post New]by hampgirl on Jun 28, 15 7:36 AM
I downloaded the Demo. (I always play the demos to see if I like it enough to buy the game). The game lets me play for a little bit. Then it It crashes to desktop. This happen 2 times. The third time it let me play but then it freezes on me. I gave up. And its not my computer. I'm still using XP. Its not the operating system your using its the game that needs fixing.

beckykay
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by beckykay on Jun 28, 15 9:05 AM
It seems the developers and Big Fish are making enough in sales off this game that they don't need to offer a fix. 8 pages of members with problems, no response - they simply don't care. They don't need to care.

[Post New]by nlrich1225 on Jun 28, 15 9:25 AM
I purchased this game and it will not open to let me play it. I am on a lab top. How do I go about getting my 2 game credits back?

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jun 28, 15 9:55 AM
nlrich, go to this page: https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask/
Choose the game's title from the drop down menu and use the others to indicate what you're playing on (a Windows laptop would be "PC", an Apple laptop would be "Mac") and "games and installation" under category. In the subcategory, choose "Problem with download/activation".

In part 2, under subject, type in Cannot open game. Explain what happens in the next box and ask for a credit. You should receive an email in a day or two with a credit code good for any CE or SE (but you have to use it within a certain number of days).

Edited on 06/28/2015 at 9:57:06 AM PST

julinsan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by julinsan on Jun 28, 15 10:29 AM
I am having all sorts of issues. Mainly an error message the boots me out. Also it freezes and I have to exit, then re start the game. I haven't even made it midway through and I've re started 4-5 times and reinstalled the game three times. Any advice?

[Post New]by pita121880 on Jun 28, 15 11:36 AM
Same issue. Game will not even start. ANNOYING!!!!!

[Post New]by farmersgirl91 on Jun 28, 15 11:59 AM
Have downloaded game twice and it will not open. Task manager states it is running but only have my BF game manager on the screen. Laptop Windows 8

Breezeie66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Breezeie66 on Jun 28, 15 12:18 PM
Oh good gracious!! how can they put out a game with so many issues.
1) Error Access 0X7855B3C8 no idea what it means but crashed and kicked me out of my computer.
2) Once the Smoker was connected, I could not pick it up nor could I pick up the hammer so could not finish the HOB or mini-game
3) Went to the cemetery to try to play on and when I zoomed in on the door of the crypt...the games went to a black screen and I had to restart to get my computer working again.

I have a "game" designed PC and keep everything up to date. This has been uninstalled and can't see why anyone would purchase until all of these issues written about have been resolved.
Love the cat logo at the first.

ruthkr
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ruthkr on Jun 28, 15 1:00 PM
I have had 2 issues mentioned by others in this forum that have made the game unplayable: a crash after I received a scroll token, and then upon restart the token is in the unopened scroll with the duplicate in inventory, and then stuck in the HOS with the disappearing dress. I am playing on MAC, using OS 10.3 Yosemite.

I'm sorry if this post is redundant, but I'm hoping that if enough people post, Big Fish will finally do something to fix the issue. Charging us all full price for a product and then essentially turning us into beta testers is kind of unethical.....

I have emailed customer service to ask for my $ back, but that doesn't count for the wasted time playing an unplayable game.

albe68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by albe68 on Jun 28, 15 1:00 PM
I wanted to buy this game, but I renounce to us!
But I wonder: if someone succeeds to play to us, it could explain the characteristics of its PC? Just for the sake of to understand something to us… Because, to this point, I do not trust myself positive book reviews neither: it seems that not functions to nobody

TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by eltont on Jun 28, 15 3:28 PM
Scenes often have bright video lines streaming through them as if parts of the main images were not aligned correctly. Several times have found morphing objects where clicking on them had no effect whatsoever and they continued to morph and morph and morph... Also, trying to get the bottle from the pond HOG with the fishing rod not possible. Tried at least 30 times at different locations on the bottle to get the hook to snag the bottle. The fishing rod just 'shrugs' and goes back to its resting place. Game cannot be continued. What's up with that ? (Mac OS X 10.10.3; fullscreen or itty-biity screen - same results)

[Post New]by otmoore on Jun 28, 15 4:24 PM
I have Windows 7. I have installed and uninstalled the demo version of this game several times. It will not open or play at all. Have spoken to Tech Support and was advised that Developers would be contacted to look into this issue and resolve it.

[Post New]by ivonashaver on Jun 28, 15 4:36 PM
I initially installed the game, wouldn't open; I uninstalled and reinstalled it and the same thing. While doing this, other games that I already have were asking to be activated. I unstalled and reinstalled the big fish game app. Same thing - the will not open when you click "play".

kao33
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by kao33 on Jun 28, 15 4:41 PM
I am able to load and play some of the demo. When I get to the part where there are the lions with the red eyes, I can't complete it. The token is floating but I can't get it. I fixed the smoker, but can't use it and am unable to get the hammer, which is completely uncovered. Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate.

Go to: