Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by NanaBrez on Feb 7, 16 7:08 PM
Ok, so I see there is an update to fix the plane key, etc. How do I get it? When I go to my account, there is no update available. Did this update not go out to everyone who owns this game???? Help please! I would like to finish this game (frustrated sigh).

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by ElderJen on Feb 8, 16 2:08 AM
Is anyone reading these posts? It's pretty obvious that the update is not reaching dozens of us so please re send the update to us. Thank you.

[Post New]by kmiller469 on Feb 8, 16 6:59 PM
The key to the airplane disappeared when I tried to unlock the airplane. I can not finish the game.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Feb 9, 16 12:19 AM
IF you want to reinstall the so-called 'updated' game & your GM isn't showing an update. Uninstall the game from your GM, then go to your Purchase History & click on the 'Download' tab.

I have been corresponding with Big Fish's CS & they tell me that the devs have been made "aware and are looking into additional solutions". Keep your fingers crossed people that we get another update which is successful this time!

Kam

nettcas
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by nettcas on Feb 9, 16 10:57 AM
Have W10 - also cannot finish game because of vanishing key. Have played thru several times but same thing happens. Contacted BF about this days ago but still no reply. Surely SOMEONE has a solution/patch! Most frustrating that game cannot be completed. Poor show!!

vanda150
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by vanda150 on Feb 9, 16 11:50 AM
Tried twice with two profiles and I cannot complete the game (CE) because the key to the airplane keeps disappearing. There is NO update to to this game, so I am disgusted. Playing on Win 10.

Edited on 02/09/2016 at 11:51:01 AM PST

[Post New]by josiebigfish on Feb 9, 16 8:20 PM
I am unable to open the game. Sound is available but black screen. So frustrated

hobbied1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by hobbied1 on Feb 10, 16 7:44 AM
still unable to open game after update. just get black screen with audio. Running Windows 10. I've played all the other games in the series with no problem. Is there a fix coming? I really want to play the game & not have to request a refund which would mean not purchasing from the series again. Seems like with this many complaints posted here with the same problem, the developers would want to address them in order to maintain their customers' loyalty & satisfaction. Some sort of specific response would go a long way. don't just refer us to the BFG uninstall/reinstall page!!!

[Post New]by shelterhill on Feb 12, 16 11:22 AM
Big fish replied just now, with the same message as the moderator below explains!!
Hopefully there will be an update sooner or later

Edited on 02/12/2016 at 12:56:20 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 12, 16 11:31 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to clarify the announcement of the update for this game on January 29, 2016. The update released is designed for Mac computers, and isn't currently available for PC. Though the Moderation Team isn't provided with information about future updates, we'll absolutely post in the forums if any information is made available. This has been clarified in the announcement for the update as well, which can be viewed in the thread below:

UPDATE! New version available for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm CE (Mac) - January 29, 2016

For anyone who's encountering problems in the bonus chapter, we encourage reading the help articles available on our site. I've included a couple below with steps that can resolve these kinds of situations:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Windows 10

If the issues are still coming up, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report for further troubleshooting. Our Reps are always more than willing to help.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 02/12/2016 at 1:24:22 PM PST

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Feb 12, 16 1:43 PM
Kamana_29 wrote:I think Valdy is correct in her surmise i.e. there has been a mix up somewhere in BF. Perhaps one of the mods can check for us?

Has anyone received a notification for an update on their GM?

Kam

I've been pursuing this with BF. Turns out the "update" posted is only good for the Mac version. So, those of us with PC's are out of luck.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Feb 13, 16 12:55 AM
sullysdragons wrote:
Kamana_29 wrote:I think Valdy is correct in her surmise i.e. there has been a mix up somewhere in BF. Perhaps one of the mods can check for us?

Has anyone received a notification for an update on their GM?

Kam

I've been pursuing this with BF. Turns out the "update" posted is only good for the Mac version. So, those of us with PC's are out of luck.

Yes, I suddenly realised there was 'Mac' in the thread's heading & post. When I looked at the post, I see it's been edited yesterday so I don't think I was being dumb, I think the word 'Mac' was added today. It explains why no person with a PC was getting a notification on their GM, doesn't it?

Kam

Edited on 02/13/2016 at 12:56:29 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 13, 16 10:03 PM
Thank you, Sullysdragons, for telling us about the Mac version update.

And yes, Kam, the word "Mac" has definitely just been added. I don't know why BF mods didn't add another post in that update thread and apologised for having made a mistake. Cheeky... LOL And this took them 2 weeks to figure out what was wrong.

Edited on 02/13/2016 at 10:04:27 PM PST

innej
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by innej on Feb 14, 16 1:59 PM
Unfortunate to not be able to complete this game. Same issue with the key disappearing. I love this developer's games but this is the 2nd CE I've had from them that I've been unable to complete. I gave up on the other one, which is a shame. I really like everything about the games but I will be very wary of buying another CE from them.

Possible solution for the disappearing key!!!

[Post New]by StirlingLass on Feb 17, 16 6:31 PM
In reference to the below posting, I checked the plane upon first arrival to that area, spoke with the daughter, etc., then played the rest of the bonus game, however, my key still disappeared at the end of the story. Based upon your experience and mine, I'd say this is an intermittent issue -- an issue that only displays under certain situations, such as a race condition within the code. I'm happy for you that you got to finish the game, but visiting the plane first will not guarantee users that their key will not disappear. Wish it were true....

beardedfish wrote:Hello fishies,

Possible solution for the disappearing key!!!

I'm running this game on our family's computer with Win7.

I also had a problem with a key disappearing in the CE chapter, same as Ryvon, MonsterHound07 and bonggamer. The key disappeared from the airplane lock and I couldn't progress any further.

I would have given up just there and then but I noticed that the girl was in the plane and was wondering how I didn't notice her being dragged or getting locked in the plane. So I decided to start a new game.

Once I got to the CE part with an airfield, I immediately clicked on a plane and what do you know the girl was already there. So I talked to her and tried to open the door. After that I progressed through the rest of the game and after the fight with Rob, I used the key on the plane door and finished the game.

So to recap: As soon as you get to the CE click on the plane and try open the door and everything should be ok for you.

I hope this helps everyone!

[Post New]by hunnyb1 on Feb 21, 16 11:57 AM
My key disappeared also. Please have Mad Head furnish a patch or update to fix this problem. Thanks
Running PC with Windows 7

valjoy
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by valjoy on Feb 21, 16 9:45 PM
HELLO!! IS ANYONE OUT THERE LISTENING?

[Post New]by Purrplemickey on Feb 23, 16 5:13 PM
Mac version will not fill screen. Tried using less than full screen still not able to acurately play the game. Frustrating

[Post New]by IVNRSCRNI on Feb 27, 16 8:50 AM
so when are you posting the update to fix all the problems with the game, barn fire, key missing unable to see task bar when giving map.

[Post New]by Nana_Bree on Feb 27, 16 11:17 AM
I have Windows 7. I have un-installed and re-installed twice and still the Fire Hose will not put out the fire. Help!

Go to: