Re:Echoes of the Past: Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by Anna1782 on May 21, 10 2:52 AM
nice game I had fun

[Post New]by unicornfish on May 28, 10 1:09 AM
nice game, interesting enough to try it

[Post New]by BellaSwan_Cullen on Jun 4, 10 6:50 PM
Enjoyed playing it. Interesting story. Love the strategic aspect of it. I played it from beginning to end in 1 session, which I really enjoyed doing. This one definitely gets a thumbs up!

seventh
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by seventh on Jun 28, 10 8:37 PM
I came back here to the first game I bought to say, Yeah! I'm now a Jellyfish!

greenladytaz
Stingray
Stingray
4,795 Posts

[Post New]by greenladytaz on Jul 26, 10 1:40 AM
I just bought this game during the $2.99 special this weekend. And I don't know how this game got past me! It is a great game! WTG to the developers, and WTG for BF offering this!

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jul 26, 10 1:10 PM
My sentiments exactly! I also bought this during the weekend sale, and it was well worth the money. The graphics were beautiful, the trials and puzzles were well crafted and a great finale that hints of a great sequel to come. Bravo, Big Fish... great enjoyment all round!

fragileind
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by fragileind on Aug 8, 10 11:53 PM
I just completed the sequel on CE (Castle of Shadows) -- the first CE I've ever bought -- just on the strength of playing this, the Royal House of Stone.

Thought I'd come back and give this my big thumbs up, since I never reviewed the first.

This is the perfect mix to me of puzzle, strategy, HOG, running around, memory, story and good visuals (the next is even better on visuals). Very much in the Ravenhurst mode, but somehow more surprises along the way. Satisfyingly long gametime.

If that sounds like your cup of tea, do try it .

(Though I would wait to buy the Castle of Shadows until it's out in regular release, I don't get what's so special about CE's. )

Ariztokat
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Ariztokat on Aug 15, 10 10:57 PM
THIS is what I call a game! Are there anymore like this one? I like the ones that make you think a little bit, but not kill your eyesight trying to find teensy little pieces of an object that make no sense to the game. Love this one, and got both of them. Will be looking for the next one with anticipation!

Kat

ilikegame
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by ilikegame on Aug 16, 10 6:43 AM
I bought it during the sale in July. A really fun game and definitely must-buy at 2.99!

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Aug 20, 10 5:19 AM
This was a beautiful and well made game - really enjoyable. It had all of the great qualities - lovely graphics, good navigation, involving story and nice length. The hidden object scenes and puzzle elements had just the right amount of challenge to keep you engaged. I really enjoyed moving around in the castle - loved the atmosphere. It was just great in every way - I am looking forward to playing the new one!

Edited on 08/20/2010 at 5:27:47 AM PST

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Aug 21, 10 2:14 PM
OMG...I am so glad that I checked my account, to see if I had already purchased, the catch of the week which is this game, usually I don't bother because everyone BF offers, I know for a fact that I've gotten it, so I have no idea how this great game got past me, unless I was out of town.
I purchased EOTP:COS CE and it was an AWESOME game, so when I saw this for 2.99, the first one they put out, I was beaming with excitment, because I knew it was going to be an excellent game..still dumb founded as to how I missed it though, in 2009 .
So I downloaded and played the trial, fastest demo ever, I was so into the game, that the trial just flew by, so it was a no brainer, for 3.17 this was a steal !!
This is one of those high quality games, with excellent graphics, story and music, no complaints from me.
The mini games are creative and imaginative, you have to use your noodle, which I like, but they are not frustrating, like some, so the perfect challenge.
I love collecting the mirror's, even though I don't use hints, unless I am completely stuck, and even than I will try my hardest to figure it out on my own .
I have to give it to BF...THANKS a bunch, I have been in gaming heaven, with so many down right, GREAT...blow my mind, games that have all been TOP QUALITY!!
Redrum, the Exorcist, Shaolin Mystery, Castle of Shadows, Nightfall Mysteries, Snark Busters, Nemo's Secret, Golden Trails and The Great Gatsby, just to name a few, and there are a few that just came out, that I haven't gotten a chance to try yet.
Now that is saying something, when there are so many great games, that I can't keep up...HUGE props and a job well done BF, you get and a BIG !!
Redrum was...SICK and TWISTED, if that doesn't win an award with those blow your mind graphics and the best art I've ever seen thus far, I'll be very sad, that was a FAVORITE of mine...LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!

I know I went off topic, I am just so passionate about great games, I can hardley contain my excitement !!
If you are like me, and you loved, Echoes of the Past: Castle of Shadows, and missed the first one, like I did, Royal House of Stone, is a must try, and than you will buy, because it doesn't dissapoint :-)
Now back to my adventure, happy gaming fishies !!

[Post New]by stormyyskyy on Aug 22, 10 1:52 AM
I was slightly disappointed with this one. I read that some got done within 2 hours - I barely went over 1.5 hours. Maybe I just work fast, but I expected this to last longer. The ending was odd, but like others have said (& is pretty obvious by now with "Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows" being out) it will be continued. I debated whether to buy this one (the 1st in the series) or go with the Castle (which, BTW, goes by completion & not time for the demo) & decided to go in order. Next month will be the Castle of Shadows, but i doubt I will be too disappointed.

for having mini-games & not all HOG, what HOGs there were the objects were not impossible to find (did use hints, but my impatience is to blame for that), having to go from room to room & sometimes back to a previous room (as opposed to strictly linear go-in-order-with-no-deviations games)

LENGTH! i must be very impatient (I did used to want "instant" food - like in 5th element - at one point because fast food just wasn't fast enough) or others goofed off playing this. I literally had just over 1 hour 33 min total playing time. Also, the characters looked like they were painted while the rooms were deffinately CG.

in all, could've been longer, but still okay. Probably wouldn't have bought it if I knew it wouldn't take that long to complete.

[Post New]by KRLINERODE on Sep 11, 10 7:07 PM
I was able to get to the castle and get the tulip bulbs. I cannot find where they are to be planted. The walkthrough said to move to the right on the screen and I would find a place to plant them. The picture in the walkthrough was precise. I could not find the area where the flowers are to be planted. I was not able to find the area that looked like the walkthrough so I am stuck. Just wondering what to do at this point. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by purplehatlady on Nov 14, 10 7:06 AM
Thanks to all you BFG gamers. On your reviews of this game (which I have never heard of) I bought it and throughly enjoyed playing it. I did have to use the walkthrough a couple of times (BIG HELP) many thanks for that. I have now purchased the next Echoes of the past and hope to enjoy that as much.
purplehatlady

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Nov 16, 10 6:29 PM
This game was wonderful to play. The graphics were great and I like the story. The mini games were not overly easy, I like a challenge, and you can skip the puzzles if you want to. The hints were plentiful. There are two you can collect per hidden object scene. The game leaves off with a to be continued. I cannot wait for part two.

[Post New]by Bellagatdor5 on Apr 25, 11 12:32 PM
hannah57 wrote:I played the demo and I wasn't happy to see yet another HOG. Why in the heck can't these developers come up with new games that don't always have to include a hidden object part???? I think I may have bought this game if not for the HOG parts. I see no reasoning in having to have this in so many games. I know alot of players enjoy HOGs but I for one, am kinda sick and tired of them, sorry BF.
I just want to veer off topic here for a minute if I could. I watched the movie ANGELS AND DEMONS last night and after the movie I thought, wouldn't it be brilliant if some developer made a game from this movie. If it was made right, without a HOG section, but if they followed the storyline and keep it fun but realistic, I would love to play that.

[Post New]by cprebstuck on May 17, 11 6:03 PM
How do I find the way on how to open the door in the tavern. I am super stuck. This game is fun when I can find thngs but also aggrivating when I can't. The door that states it is open with 5:45, where is the key? Or is there a key?

[Post New]by cprebstuck on May 17, 11 6:03 PM
How do I find the way on how to open the door in the tavern. I am super stuck. This game is fun when I can find thngs but also aggrivating when I can't. The door that states it is open with 5:45, where is the key? Or is there a key?

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on May 25, 11 1:57 PM
I just finished the game and it took me about three hours with breaks. Had to use the WT a couple of times because I got stuck, but the game flow was great and the story line made sense. LOTS of HOG scenes, and sometimes the items were hard to find, but I had found many of the mirrors, so had received lots of extra hints. Lots of mini-games in this one, but there was a skip button which I used (could not get that crypt door slider puzzle, finally gave up and used the skip). Just bought the sequel so wanted to play this first, and I enjoyed it.

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on May 25, 11 2:06 PM
Sorry, can't help above poster. Cprebstuck, there was no tavern in the game I just played, all of the activities took place within and around the castle. Could it be another you were playing or maybe the sequel to this game?

Go to: