Chapter 1 Discussion Thread

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:Chapter 1 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 22, 10 5:12 PM
paquafir wrote:I'm stuck -- I have the $6.99 version and there is nothing left for me to do. I double click, click, zoom and can't open anymore clues. I have the water leak in the bathroom to fix (can't find the wrench), opened the car trunk, my inventory is hammer,nails, mattress, crowbar and carjack. i hope i don't have to "buy" my way into another room.
can't even climb the tree.
P.S. I'm totally new to this.

Welcome to the forum.

Go to the garage. There is a valve on the ceiling. You need to swing the hook to knock it down. You will have to click on the hook a couple of times to make it work. Clicking at the top of the chain works best.

Go outside to the left of the garage. Use the crowbar to open up the area to the water. Use the valve to shut off the water. Go back to bathroom and stuff the mattress down the hole. Jump into the hole to enter the manager's office. There will be a Hidden object scene there.

Tree comes later. Post if you need help then.

paquafir
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by paquafir on Mar 23, 10 6:47 AM
what is a walkthrough?

paquafir
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by paquafir on Mar 23, 10 7:14 AM
Found it!

[Post New]by chicksbaby on Mar 23, 10 1:23 PM
lucyloket wrote:Yeek! Stuck already!
Where did you all get the jackhammer, rope and the crowbar?
I've gone through all the rooms and tried using the stuff I have (hammer, nails, car jack, mattress) and can't get any further.

Heeeelllllllp!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 23, 10 3:23 PM
chicksbaby wrote:
lucyloket wrote:Yeek! Stuck already!
Where did you all get the jackhammer, rope and the crowbar?
I've gone through all the rooms and tried using the stuff I have (hammer, nails, car jack, mattress) and can't get any further.

Heeeelllllllp!

There is a note on the stairs that might give you some clues. You need a shovel from the HOG at the top of the stairs. Then you need to go out side and explore.

[Post New]by irenexw8 on Mar 24, 10 11:14 AM
Help!! I bought this game last week-end (21st March 2010) but can't find the morphing objects. Are they only in the more expensive game?

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 24, 10 12:10 PM
Welcome to the pond irenexw8!

You are right, the morphing objects are only available in the Collector's Edition of Mystery Case Files Dire Grove.

Here is an help article about Collector's Editions with more information.

Collector's Editions

Happy Gaming!

bfgTigris

Edited on 03/24/2010 at 12:10:49 PM PST

kats77
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kats77 on Mar 31, 10 5:39 PM
Don't know if I'm in the right place but how do you get the morphing objects? I've completed the game and checked the walkthrough and still cannot get 1 single item to morph. Help please?

Rinkatplay
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by Rinkatplay on Mar 31, 10 5:56 PM
I think the morphing items only come with the CE addition. I only had the regular
game and I didn't see any morphing items either.

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Apr 1, 10 1:09 AM
Rinkatplay is correct. The morphing items were one of the perks for the $19.99 edition.

[Post New]by irenexw8 on Apr 7, 10 5:22 PM
I don't know if I'm in the correct section but I need help. I cannot find a Hidden Object scene in the hunting lodge which would give me potato chips and I need them to feed the wolf. Also I cannot get the rabbits head off.

BTW this is not a reply. It's very late at night and I don't know how to start a new question. I hope I get a reply.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Apr 7, 10 7:07 PM
irenexw8 wrote:I don't know if I'm in the correct section but I need help. I cannot find a Hidden Object scene in the hunting lodge which would give me potato chips and I need them to feed the wolf. Also I cannot get the rabbits head off.

BTW this is not a reply. It's very late at night and I don't know how to start a new question. I hope I get a reply.

The chips and the rabbit head are only in the Collectors Edition. If you are playing the 6.99 regular version, you do not need them to complete the game. Go to the first page of this forum to find the walkthrough for the regular version.

china1324
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by china1324 on Apr 19, 10 12:50 PM
Jbarnes1203 wrote:I need help...I don't what to do now. I have a matress, crowbar, nails, hammer, and carjack. I am trying to find something to stop the water in the upstairs bathroom and keys for several different locks. I have no idea where to go from here...help!

china1324
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by china1324 on Apr 19, 10 12:53 PM
in the garage there is a hook dangling on lefty hand side click on that twice it should knock a valve free which will go into your inventoryit'll be used to shut off the water. the crowbar is used to move the manhole cover. underneath the man hole cover is a place to put the circular valve that shuts the water off

[Post New]by kathied on Apr 25, 10 11:29 AM
okay, I feel I have gotten to a point where insanity is inevitable. I have the hammer, car jack, lighter and torn paper. I have gone through every part of the game and see no new hidden object games and i've tried to use my items in random areas and unless im just not getting it, then the game is screwing with me. please help if you have had this problem and can shed some light on the situation. thankyou!

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Apr 25, 10 1:17 PM
Hi kathied!

On the second floor of the hotel, go to the last room on the left. Between the two windows, there'll be a mirror with a piece of paper stuck in the frame. Click on the mirror and you can attach the piece of paper in your inventory to the one here and you'll see the manager's safe combonation.

Good luck!!!

bonitacat
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by bonitacat on May 13, 10 1:36 PM
I have tried this three times and I can't get sparkling near the fire place (after getting out of the managers office) that would bring me to the room with the phone charger. HELP PLEASE

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on May 16, 10 12:44 PM
bonitacat wrote:I have tried this three times and I can't get sparkling near the fire place (after getting out of the managers office) that would bring me to the room with the phone charger. HELP PLEASE

You are there too early. Take the key you got in the manager's office HOG scene. Go to the boathouse. When you return you should have new HOG scenes in both the manager's office and the fireplace room.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on May 20, 10 12:01 PM
c0untrypumpkin10 wrote:Ok. I need help. I am so stuck. I am still in Ch 1 and have gone back through the whole game and there are no more HOGs. I have opened the nautical room, gotten into the manager's office, climbed the tree and got the code for the safe (which I can't find), and opened the boat house and garage. I've done at least 2 HOGs in all of those locations that have them. I cannot find the rope to get across the bridge, the key to the 2nd room on the right upstairs, the key to the toolbox in the garage, the spark plug, or the way to get the rope off the oars so I can take the row boat. I have gone back to every site numerous times and there's nothing I can do. I have a car jack, a hammer, a crowbar, an urn, and a lighter. Help please!

The safe is in the managers office behind the picture. Inside is the key to the toolbox. There you will find wire cutters. Use them to cut the rope and free the oars in the nautical room. Use the oars in the boat house. You will find the key to the bedroom. Climb out the window.

[Post New]by HAPPYONE1234 on May 29, 10 4:22 PM
I FOUND A CAR JACK HAMMER NAILS VHS TAPE SHOVEL MATTRESS AND I CANNOT FIND THE KEY TO OPEN ANY DOORS HOW DO I GET OUT OF CHAPTER 1

Go to: