Moom
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by Moom on Mar 23, 16 7:54 AM
Stuck in chapel. Mouse not responding. I've uninstalled and reinstalled this game. I have played under two different names at two different levels.

Where will I find the patch for this technical issue? This is very frustrating and time consuming.

May I have a refund?

Windows 7 OS

Edited on 03/23/2016 at 8:03:33 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by Ownedbycats on Mar 23, 16 9:11 AM
Was really enjoying this one, but, like many others, can't get out of the dratted chapel. Using PC, Windows 8.1.

adnerbfaye
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by adnerbfaye on Mar 23, 16 10:35 AM
Game played smooth as silk until I got the picture and entered the chapel. Froze up solid. Will not let me do anything except access the strategy guide and exit the game. Playing with Windows 10.

[Post New]by jo1011 on Mar 23, 16 2:17 PM
I'm having the same problem as everyone else and I'm afraid to purchase another game until this is fixed. I do not want to start over as that would be the second time I had to do so.

[Post New]by mntgmrygrl on Mar 23, 16 2:53 PM
Hi everyone, If you check your game manager there is an update for the game. It helps you get past the problem in the chapel without repeating the whole game. Good luck and Happy gaming.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by shelterhill on Mar 23, 16 3:27 PM
Glad that it's fixed so soon, I'm afraid that I will have to replay, but that's not so bad
( I had a problem with the cup shard)

Edit: no replay necessary, cupshard went right in my inventory

Edited on 03/24/2016 at 3:53:10 PM PST

[Post New]by Stanj1 on Mar 23, 16 4:57 PM
Downloaded the update, everything worked fine. Didn't realize how close I was to the finish. Sad that it took so long, but very happy to finally get to the end!

JurJur
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by JurJur on Mar 24, 16 8:57 AM
Ok.. got the update. hit install... waited for it to finish... checked said updated, looked for the game, not any where in my purchased games.. so I have to locate the game in purchased history, hit install, and not after 30 minutes, says that it is ready. Is this the new fixed game, or the old one that doesn't work.? Can't locate patch to redo, if needed... this is really not any fun....

JurJur
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by JurJur on Mar 24, 16 9:07 AM
Patch must have worked. thanks

arrington1
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by arrington1 on Mar 24, 16 3:49 PM
Windows 7 I tried to manually download update, but it shows there is one update. When I click to download, it says no updates available. Help

arrington1
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's E

[Post New]by arrington1 on Mar 24, 16 3:50 PM
Windows 7 I tried to manually download update, but it shows there is one update. When I click to download, it says no updates available. Help I haven't posted a message lately. Why won't it let me post about the update.

jwock
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by jwock on Mar 24, 16 4:09 PM
Didn't get the patch. *Sigh** more finangling to make it work

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Mar 24, 16 8:01 PM
Patch worked, thanks Big Fish! I've been a member for 6 years and have never had an instance where BF didn't solve the problem or give me a game code for a different game. Best customer service!!

ddh1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by ddh1 on Mar 25, 16 1:23 PM
Well, glad to see I'm not alone. Stuck in the chapel. Windows 7.

[Post New]by anglwings1942 on Mar 25, 16 7:26 PM
I'm playing "The house on Black River Collector's edition. I get to the piano part and put the black keys on the piano. and it locks u[p. What can I do to fix it?

[Post New]by Nosaby on Mar 26, 16 7:22 AM
Ran the update. And again. And again. And again. It keeps telling me I have an update even though the update appears to install correctly.

[Post New]by dovetra on Mar 26, 16 2:38 PM
I was having the same problem in the chapel - thrilled to see the update so I installed it. I started the game over again (for the 3rd time - 2nd time was to try to get past the chapel again, which I couldn't). THIS time it locked up in the garage right after the HOP in the attic and after overhearing Harry and Alex outside the garage window. I was skipping through the dialogue since I'd heard it twice already. The only thing I could do was hit escape and click on Menu to end the game. UGH! So frustrated!!

[Post New]by storyteller on Mar 26, 16 6:27 PM
Game freezing in the chapel...playing on Mac OS...hints don't work or map or tasks...the bugs should have been worked out before selling the game! I don't want to start all over....game also has trouble shutting down...it's not my computer...it's the game...

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by riverrat939 on Mar 27, 16 7:28 AM
Apparently there was no patch for the demo which would not even open the first few times I tried it - after uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. Finally the demo opened (not sure what I did to get that result) and was doing fine until I tried to access the refrigerator (can't remember where it was). My entire computer froze and had to be restarted whereas previously just the game manager froze, and I could escape that with no computer restart.

I would love to buy this game but will not spend my money on it until/if the issues are fixed. Similar issues have occurred too many times since BFG changed hands. Do the new owners not care about their loyal players? I am one game (with so many glitches as to be unplayable) away from cancelling my membership of well over 5 years plus. What happened to the friendly, personal responses we used to receive when a game had problems?

Playing on MacBook Pro 10.10.5 with plenty of memory and everything else up-to-date except for the new iOS. It should not require 11.0 to play correctly.

Edited on 03/27/2016 at 7:30:58 AM PST

[Post New]by dovetra on Mar 27, 16 10:39 AM
dovetra wrote:I was having the same problem in the chapel - thrilled to see the update so I installed it. I started the game over again (for the 3rd time - 2nd time was to try to get past the chapel again, which I couldn't). THIS time it locked up in the garage right after the HOP in the attic and after overhearing Harry and Alex outside the garage window. I was skipping through the dialogue since I'd heard it twice already. The only thing I could do was hit escape and click on Menu to end the game. UGH! So frustrated!!

So... I started over one more time and this time when I got to the barn where I locked up before, I didn't repeat the mad clicking to skip all the dialogue... got through it with no problem AND went past the part in the chapel where we all were stuck. It looks as though the update did work for me afterall. (I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, btw)

Go to: