d0080b
Stingray
Stingray
5,334 Posts

Re:Welcome to Penny Dreadfuls™ Sweeney Todd Collector`s Edition forum

[Post New]by d0080b on Apr 18, 11 6:46 PM
Loved the game with its dark atmosphere and subject matter. Very engaging storyline a bit too gritty in some spots but, hey, I can adjust. Beautiful graphics, reasonable H0 scenes and numerous cool locations. Glad to have it in my collection....wonder if I can get to sleep with the light on tonight???

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Aug 18, 11 5:36 PM
I just replayed this after my original purchase when it came out a while back - never reviewed it at the time. What a great game - it felt new after such a long wait from first playing it. However, I have to say that the CE really wasn't worth the extra $ which was $19.99 back when I bought it. The CEs have improved since then.

Anyhow - I would recommend the regular edition - highly. A wonderful game - made by the same developers as Mystery Legends Sleepy Hollow and Phantom of the Opera. Excellent game design. When is the next Penny Dreadfuls???

[Post New]by Marisa27 on Sep 5, 11 4:16 PM
Pros: Nice graphics
Seemed to be a relatively long game.
Unfortunately that's all I have for Pros.

Cons: Way to many HOGs!! They are typical junk piles, some items are almost impossible to find. A match stick the size of a shovel?
No rhyme or reason to the items you need to collect to solve a puzzle.
Way to repetitive for my taste, just becomes boring.
And you have all these interesting scenes that you cant explore.
Sooooo....I would rate this game a D+. I bought this game on a daily deal and have deleted it from my games.

Wayner33
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Wayner33 on Oct 17, 11 11:56 AM
It is a bit too "Brit" to me. Many of the items are unknown to a "Yank". What the heck is a trifle, or a spotted ****? It almost sounds obscene.
The game was well constructed except for those items with unknown names.
But, if you don't mind using lots of hints, it is a good game.
Apparently even the censors thought a spotted **** was too dirty sounding since they blocked d*ick with ****.

Edited on 10/17/2011 at 12:01:58 PM PST

[Post New]by OvrThRainbo on May 29, 12 9:21 PM
I liked the fact that this was a very British game, with Cockney accent and dialect as well as British objects (trifle, bangers and mash, haggis). I recognized 2/3 of these terms. I found it fun to put words to the other objects.

Go to: