Re:Post any Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua technical issues here only

[Post New]by dgh1066 on Mar 19, 10 10:44 AM
Stuck at the Mill. Have completed 24 of 24 challenges but can't get tangram game to appear. (Says I haven't completed all the challenges.) Have XP with newest (I believe) version of game. Done all I can with flash and directX.
Is BFG still working on this? Or do I bail?

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 19, 10 11:26 AM
Hi fishies,

You might want to check to see if there are updates in your Game Managers. It looks like the issues you are having are resolved in the newest builds for Mac and PC.

If there isn't an 'update' button, you can uninstall and reinstall your game to get the new versions.

If that still doesn't work, you can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

MrLipid
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by MrLipid on Mar 19, 10 2:58 PM
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling my game. (About the 10th time. I'm playing the Windows version.)

Before the reinstall, however, a new version of the Game Manager installed.

Then the game downloaded and installed. And it is still the same build number (35474) from days ago.

And, since it is the same code, it behaves the same way. Not clear what issues have been addressed.

Edited on 03/19/2010 at 5:31:40 PM PST

[Post New]by CanonicalKoi on Mar 21, 10 7:53 AM
bfgTigris wrote:Hi fishies,

You might want to check to see if there are updates in your Game Managers. It looks like the issues you are having are resolved in the newest builds for Mac and PC.

I'm having the same problem with not getting the "rule woman" to speak. I just downloaded mine last night (the 20th), so I'd think it would be the most recent build. I, too, am on a Mac. Any other ideas of how to get this to work?

[Post New]by CanonicalKoi on Mar 21, 10 8:46 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled twice--no joy and each time it reinstalled, it offered to let me continue where I'd stopped in the first game, but still wouldn't let me talk to the "rule woman". Finally, on the third try, I started a new character and this time it worked, I was able to get the rules and do the flashlight puzzle. Hopefully, there won't be too many more problems.

sammygram
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by sammygram on Mar 23, 10 11:15 AM
too much talking before you get toanything and mouse flew around so i couldnt do anything guess i wont buy

Chexmixmonet
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,816 Posts

[Post New]by Chexmixmonet on Mar 24, 10 11:10 AM
Error: Access violation at 0x0264EFAE (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated.

What does THAT mean??

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 25, 10 9:40 AM
Hi Chexmixmonet,

If you received the Access Violation error while trying to install you may want to adjust your firewall settings, but if you received it while playing the game, you may need to update your Direct X and video card drivers. Here is a help article with more information.

Acess Violation

Or, if you haven't already, You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Mar 25, 10 3:58 PM
Hi gang,

I just received a reply from CS which informed me that no other users were having the types of problems I reported. Yep. Even though there's 8 pages of the same or similar problems in this thread, along with other threads.

What the heck?

Any way, that C++ is a 2007 build that was updated in 2008, which is the latest version that the official site offers. Many of us have had it for a long time and have received official notification of any required updates for that or other programs from the official site/developers.

In fact, I recently re-installed the C++ update just to make sure.

My drivers are so updated that they smell like a new car.

So, if I want this game, I'll just do what other users have done and go get it elsewhere. I can't afford to risk my computer, nor do I have the time to waste playing tech support agent for myself--and I'm very very good at tech stuff. But I'm not into buying products so that I can then help fix 'em.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Mar 25, 10 4:10 PM
BTW folks, the newest DirectX update was in early Feb.

And, Windows XP users, remember that if you go through the help steps provided by BFG you do not need to d/load the Vista service pack. That's for the newer Vista op system.

If you don't have either your system or additional programs set up to be notified of updates, you can check yourself for new stuff from MS. I wish I could give you the URL, but I can't. So I'll just tell you to Google Microsoft Download Center.

There you can d/load updates not only for your operating system, but also for specific MS programs and products. The website is set up to be very easy to use, and they have a good search function onsite. They'll walk you through things step by step.

They also provide information by categories. In the Games section they not only give the latest info and updates on game support packages, but also updates to games you may already own from MS.

It's a good, valuable site. It's in my quick-access bookmarks list.

HTH, fishy friends!

[Post New]by game2slow on Apr 5, 10 5:47 PM
canot figure out lock combination to unlock shells

Stuck at the mill

[Post New]by gamenotworking on Apr 18, 10 8:03 PM
I have the 24 totems done but it won't let me do the final puzzle to advance.It keeps telling me I have to finish.Any suggestions.

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Apr 22, 10 2:18 AM
Based on my experience, one problem might be the memory. I just got a new desktop computer with Windows 7 and 8GB of memory and now it works!!!. But that's just based on the demo. It only worked before on my laptop with Vista and 2GB of memory. It wouldn't work on my previous desktop with Vista and 1 GB of memory.

So, needing 2GB of memory is one possibility. But I can't be certain. But I just wanted to give an update.

roroy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Eden's Quest technical issues

[Post New]by roroy on Jul 9, 10 8:41 PM
Suede46 wrote:Hello everyone,

I notice this morning that there is a game update available. If I download this update will I lose all the progress I have already made in the game? I am about half way through, according to the walkthrough.

I am enjoying this game so much, and my only problem has been that it is slow to change between scenes.

I am having troublr getting past the girl giving me advice just can't get to the nex totem. very frustrating
Rose

[Post New]by heathercampbell on Oct 5, 10 9:18 PM
I am not getting any error messages, but I am at puzzle number 48 and there are no totems. There are none shown on the map. I have gone to every location that I have access to, and no totems. Since I am reading that there are other errors in the game, I am wondering if this is an error as well.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 4, 11 6:38 AM
Tried this again on today's DD and realized why I had only used about 10 mins of demo time.

I cannot even get through the player name screens!! It moves so incredibly slow and clunky, I can't control the cursor at all. Can't do anything. It was like this before when it first came out and apparently there have been updates but none of them fixed this problem.

It's not my computer, I don't think, as I do NOT have this problem with other games. (Some ERS games run a bit slow at times, but nothing like this one!!)

So this is one of the rare BF games that I simply cannot even demo because it will not run on my machine.

Too bad. Looks like a nice daily deal.

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Re:Eden's Quest technical issues

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Mar 4, 11 2:04 PM
phatkhat wrote:Sigh. Every carpy game I hate installs and plays fine. Get one I really want to play, nada.

On this one, I disabled AVG before I started, knowing there are conflicts. Then when the download started, At about 4,ooo kb, the word "validating" pops up and then the download continues. But it won't install. It will get to 99% and nothing happens. I've deleted and redownloading, but still see that "validating", and I'm sure it isn't going to play.

I guess I'll get rid of AVG and see what happens. I have NOT had this trouble on downloads from other sites, and I'm thinking it's the game manager...

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Mar 4, 11 2:08 PM
I have used AVG for many years and never had a problem. What I find is the game manager plays up and I just re-boot and all is usually well.

[Post New]by Gardengal1940 on Mar 7, 11 7:17 PM
I wish I had read these comments before I bought the game. There was a glitch before the game was even fully loaded. When I clicked to reopen, the game opened without sound.
Has anyone else ended up with no sound?
I'm on a Mac Snow Leopard.

Edited on 03/07/2011 at 7:19:04 PM PST

Stuck on Constructing Necklace

[Post New]by Chancedotcom on Mar 14, 11 1:11 PM
I am at the hanging tree between the Hermit's Den and Rope Bridge.

I have solved both totems, but the game will not let me go to any other locations until I construct the necklace. I am missing one part, and cannot go anywhere else to get it.

Go to: