carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Alice in Wonderland

[Post New]by carolinacat on Aug 3, 10 1:32 PM
Not a well-made game for me. It's not challenging but it sure is annoying. I couldn't stand the slow cursor movement, as well as difficulty finding things because you were going back and forth, and sometimes clicking near the bottom of the screen and you found yourself in another room.

It could've been better. I did like the opening scene with the house and rain falling. The graphics were OK and bright.

I didn't like the "find the differences" minigames.

I wish it was done better with more interaction and animation, etc. Maybe the developers can improve upon it and come up with another version.

[Post New]by Gametimer on Aug 7, 10 12:01 PM
Just purchased this game today and like so many others , I can't get out of the cellar. Are they still working on a "Fix" or has it gone by the wayside along with our purchase price?

bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

[Post New]by bunnydog on Aug 17, 10 8:15 PM
I found the artwork to be very interesting until it came time to try to find things. Then I found the hidden objects too well hidden and had to use hints more often than I usually do. The music was very irritating so it was turned off after a very short time. The Cheshire cat blinking on and off made me wonder at first if my computer was failing! The box at the bottom of the screen showed what objects you were to find, but I found them to be dark and some I didn't recognize so I didn't know what to look for. I thought the idea of the missing girls to be an interesting one, but after about 20 minutes of play, I had to quit.... I just wasn't have a good gaming experience.

[Post New]by ambernbrandon on Aug 18, 10 9:14 PM
I finished this game in 2 hours, fun to look at, frustrating at times, had a couple glitches with inventory items. Just like a lot of games, lot of great gameplay, getting into the story and then *boom* game over very abruptly. All in all, not happy I paid for it.

tyroesse
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by tyroesse on Sep 13, 10 3:42 AM
I can't say I liked the game. As a matter of fact I couldn't even finish the demo-hour so gloomy and weird was the game. Though it's not dark either in art or plot it creates such an atmosphere that brings up the desire to quit the game ASAP. Besides I didn't like the navigation and the impossibility to go from one location to another when you want it.
However I should admit that graphics is absolutely AWESOME!!! And for some time I kept playing just in order to admire it
Anyway tastes differ and some people will surely like this game.

littykat04941
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by littykat04941 on Oct 27, 10 8:43 AM
This game is OK but, I had to use the hint button a lot. doesn't seem to hold my interest that much.... still it is playable.

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Nov 1, 10 6:59 PM
I really loved this game. The story was wonderful and I was happy with the graphics. No time limit so I can play at my leisure. The only suggestion to new players: Make sure you trigger the mini games before you pick up objects. I did not and then I could not put the pieces together for the sun dial. I had no way to move the game forward. The result: I had to start the game all over.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Dec 17, 10 11:22 AM
I just started playing the game for the second time and I like it even better the second time around. The music is great and the graphics beautiful.

[Post New]by heatherington on Jan 4, 11 3:58 AM
This game was okay, not the best in the world, but I didn't regret buying it. I didn't get stuck too many times and even though it didn't do everything I would have liked for it to do, it made sense.

[Post New]by cindergirl1 on Mar 15, 11 2:44 PM
THE WORST GAME EVER!

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 8, 11 5:07 PM
dvdiva wrote:Beautiful! The graphics did not disappoint. I admit, completing the house level required some patience, but thanks to the warnings here, I was ready for the constant lightning flashes. But once you get past the house, it really is quite beautiful. I have to give the music in the Wonderland scenes an A, as its strange melancholic feel reminds me of a Japanese anime soundtrack.

Hi all, Yes Dvdiva, I agree with you totally. I thought the graphics were stunning and so beautifully put together. I know what you mean about the music! I bought this game last year and have just rediscovered it. I'm hanging on to play again and think this is a definite keeper.
Obviously not everyone liked it but what was it that Churchill say? ... ''You can please some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time.'' Sensible and insightful man!
Love to all, Pat_ric_ia

Grimhild
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Grimhild on May 3, 11 10:53 AM
I really enjoy this game. I think the artwork is unusual, which is difficult to do with the proliferation of hidden object games today. The mini games were just difficult enough for me; I didn't have to skip in frustration but got a sense of acomplishment when I completed one. In the hidden object scenes, you look for pieces of the item you need, which I like: my pet peeve is having to pick through someone's trash for multiple items in order to find the single one that you need.

I had NO technical difficulties with this game.

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 10:55:05 AM PST

[Post New]by jldavies59 on May 4, 11 4:21 AM
A big thanks to everyone that takes time to comment on BF games. I always look at forum before even trying a game. If I see buzzwords like too easy, too much handholding, hard to see, etc., it's an automatic decision for me.

KitSeason
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by KitSeason on Jun 20, 11 5:38 PM
This is obviously not a game for everyone's tastes. The objects are harder to find than the typical HOG and the puzzles a bit more difficult. I enjoyed it quite a bit for all that and didn't mind having to go back and forth which actually many games are doing now. As other's have said, the graphics, the music all very nice.

But, I thought it was too short. And although I'm not the best grammatician (sp?), there was one misspelling that stood out for me. In the newspaper, the parents were said to be in "commas". I'm pretty sure what was meant was "comas" although unfortunately a spell checker wouldn't have caught that. I also had a minor glitch with getting one of the nuts in the study. I kept clicking it, but when the hint and the walkthrough both said yeah that was the place, I found that the click placement had to be pretty precise -- too precise for my taste, but I did manage to finally get through.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 7, 11 9:39 AM
A twist in a story that is well known and loved by all. Instead of being the girl that named Alice; who accidentally ended up in Wonderland. The player enters Wonderland to rescue all the kidnapped/trapped girls. The game’s graphics are somewhat okay. I didn’t find the music/sounds intrusive. I’ve found the game somewhat boring; even though it’s different from the original story. I won’t be purchasing this game. For those who had purchased this game – Happy Gaming.

VAMPDIVA
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by VAMPDIVA on Jul 13, 11 9:13 AM
Here again, I have to agree with most of the posted gamers. The quality of the graphics was much better in window mode. Full screen was somewhat pixalated and grainy. Not very challanging, after less than 10 minutes into the hour long demo., I went straight to uninstall.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Sep 10, 11 9:52 AM
Did not like this game at all. Had downloaded it before and only played three minutes before deleting. Downloaded it again (forgetting I had tried it before), picked up where I left off, played another 17 minutes, reached the beginning of chapter 3. Checked the walkthrough and there are 12 chapters. At ten minutes a chapter, that would be two hours for the full game! And I am not fast at playing these games.

The music was so repetitive that it sounded perpetually like the game was stuck. And since the game was often slow to respond, I kept thinking that it was stuck.

The hints were pretty useless. If you needed to go to another location, it pointed you that way and then you had to wait for it to recharge. I've played other games where the hint doesn't need to recharge no matter how many times you click it if you are just being guided to the correct location.

An early gripe for me: picking up the lantern in the living room. It was so closed to the "feet" that would take you to the cellar, I kept going into the cellar and it was next to impossible to pick up the lantern. Objects should never be put partly underneath the arrow or whatever you click on to go to another location.

No-buy for me. Too bad, this is the second Alice game I have tried today and the other one only lasted five minutes before I quit. Were these games created to cash in on the Johnny Depp movie?

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Oct 3, 11 1:27 PM
the concept is great, unfortunately the execution not so much..beware of flashing cat, btw, very annoying. characters didn't really appear well drawn, somewhat fuzzy graphics, and very irritating background music, thankfully we have volume control. hints are barely adequate, but plentiful. includes std which is hateful.
i think this def could have been dev'd better.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Nov 9, 11 4:32 PM
I like this game. Its a fun storyline, and its playful. The graphics are good and the flow of the game is steady. I played the demo and I will defintely purchase the game.

[Post New]by Kizzy1972 on Feb 12, 14 1:14 PM
Great game, slow cursor, but otherwise loved the scenery and story.

Go to: