blanckie
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery

[Post New]by blanckie on Apr 19, 10 4:34 PM
THIS IS ONE SO BAD .WHEN IS MYSTERY CASE FILIES RAVENOHEARST PART THREE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

[Post New]by suzzeeque1 on Apr 24, 10 6:13 AM
Too short. I was totally surprised when the credits came up!

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Apr 26, 10 7:08 PM
I really liked this game. It was different. The puzzles really made you think about what comes next. Tough sequence minis. I would not have been able to play this a couple of years ago but with some experience this game was just right for me.
I didn't need the walkthrough too often. Maybe 3 times. I loved the graphics, the sounds, the story and the gameplay.
Would like to see another like this.
Thank you BFG!

Sugarbella
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Sugarbella on Apr 30, 10 5:40 PM
I didn't really like this one. I don't like getting 3 objects at a time -- and the objects are too easy to find. I *did* like the mini-games, but they were too few and far in between.

I loved Love & Death : Bitten - so, I'm hoping for more like that.

This one was a bit too easy. :-(

I wish they had a rating scale!

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on May 7, 10 8:49 AM
After playing Love and Death Bitten, Fiction Fixers, Eternity...this one was limp. Now why am I going here and there? Why is everything so faded out that one can't see them? No direction, no reson to be except some vague notion that Dominic is having trouble with dreams. Sorry, a no buy...too many good games out there.

[Post New]by tiamarie on May 7, 10 3:49 PM
scarlet_11dy6 wrote:If that dragon makes ONE MORE SOUND.....o if only I could coldcock it w/ the stupid hammer! Can ya?

TWO wrong clicks takes away your cursor for a sec in a random clicking what shall I do next game? So far the sole HOs scene I've had is so EZ as to be insulting, it's just a matter of picking thru little junkpiles, objects are not hidden. Key puzzle to unlock the door is so BTDT LOL & not hard at all. Graphix aren't bad for being obvs Poser-ish-computer-program-generated but the little bit of voice acting is awful & character animation jerky. Piano music getting on my nerves in 8 min flat, please whack another note for variety. Def a game to turn the sound down on if not off entirely. NO option to disable custom cursor & since I haven't needed a hint yet, dunno about those. The whole jeez my dreams are making me insane theme is getting as old as the intrepid archaeologist girl. I would've bought him stumbling into a fantasy realm w/ more enthusiasm.

At least I have more kaching for the bookstore these last cpl mos w/ all the lousy HOGs that have come out.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on May 7, 10 4:09 PM
When I started this game I really thought I was going to like it - it made you think a little and seemed more like an adventure game. However, after playing all the way through, I did not really end up liking the game overall and was kind of glad when it was over. The tasks and adventure elements were good, but the game could have been so much better if more of a story was woven into the game play, along with better graphic design.

[Post New]by tiamarie on May 7, 10 4:13 PM
Oh dear you do sound a little bit disappointed, I am trailing through these threads, as I am, really, having difficulty with this game. Did you get to the end? Sounds like you did so Kudos but I can't get very far. I have re-visited twice between other gameloads and am, pretty much, stuck. So much so that I am even trying to identifty some graphics card error or gameload malfunction for my ineptness. But that is not the case. I have water, a lighter and another key, is it another key? I can't even remember how many I have already and there doesn't seem to be anywhere I can check my progress. I can see I probably have all I need to survive but don't know whether, I'm blew up or stuffed. So there you are, I am, completely and utterly stuffed. I won't give up though.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on May 26, 10 12:16 AM
silverink wrote:When I started this game I really thought I was going to like it - it made you think a little and seemed more like an adventure game. However, after playing all the way through, I did not really end up liking the game overall and was kind of glad when it was over. The tasks and adventure elements were good, but the game could have been so much better if more of a story was woven into the game play, along with better graphic design.

I also thought I would like this game. By the end, I was skipping mini-games just to finish. And what a lame ending. Graphics were mushy, no clear story line, and no real sense of what you were trying to accomplish. I deleted and will not play this one again.......

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jun 9, 10 7:17 PM
The following comments are based solely on the demo:

Well, the storyline is a little weak and after finding the first two keys hasn't been developed past the opening scenes. That's a bit of negative to me, but it doesn't outweigh the positives of the game. The HOG scenes are regular, slightly cluttered scenes - not junkpiles. That's a major plus in my book. Most of the items can be found with patience; that's another plus. The hints are limitless and refill within a reasonable amount of time - maybe not as quickly as I would like at times, but still reasonable. Except for one, the minigames were relatively easy; but they could be skipped after a certain amount of time so they're not a problem one way or the other.

The biggest problem I had was the fact that there were a couple of times you really needed a bit more instruction on what to do next. Without instructions, you were left to just wander around and wonder what to do. Thankfully BigFish's walkthrough filled in that gap so it wasn't as much of a negative as it could have been.

All in all, this was a pretty fun game, and I'll probably wind up buying it one day.

justaques
Stingray
Stingray
5,487 Posts

[Post New]by justaques on Sep 7, 10 7:14 AM
I really liked this game although I had to check the walkthrough a few times to be sure I took all the items I was supposed to. I turned the music off because it got tiresome after awhile. It has a different way of finding the hidden objects and I thought they were very well hidden for the most part. It is not a game for you if your aim is to complete it a.s.a.p. so I suppose it could be boring for some, but I like to take my time and it suited me just fine.

Edited on 09/19/2010 at 5:26:04 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 8, 10 3:31 PM
I have bought the game with the last sale. I like, that you need to figure out everything on your own. But sometimes, it can also be a little bit frustrating if you don`t find what you are searching for. I liked especially the jigsawpuzzles in the game.

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Sep 9, 10 7:22 PM
Both of these games give you no direction. I liked some of it, but having no idea what you are supposed to be doing is ridiculous. Definitely a non purchase for me.

[Post New]by MeykeT on Sep 21, 10 11:39 PM
I really like the game, that's why I got the full version. But now that I'm playing I'm stuck in the first chapter.

***SPOILER below***
**** come the vase is already cracked though no other puzzles are solved? Now I can't get further..

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Oct 15, 10 9:04 PM
I'm a hunky successful artist wearing a 70's poet shirt and I just loooove doing my art. The way I look I bet babes are just lining up around the block to pose aunatural for me. But I've been having some unusual dreams lately. (Note to all non-artists, this is perfectly normal) So I think I'll take my hunky self to a shrink, who just happens to be into hypnotherapy and WHOA!!!! has a much worse shirt than I do! Maybe I should check his license...but he's whirling that shiny thingy....so shiny...I like shinys....

So here I am, tripping through some dreamscapes that all end with pretty keys. None of it makes much sense, nor do I seem to be getting any real insights into myself or my art, unless I have a strange fixation for knives and misty scenery. Well, that's the last key, let's open this door and....

WOWSER!!! Hot dang! I guess there's going to be a sequel!

I hate it when they do that. I hope the sequel, which I haven't played yet has a better storyline. This is OK, certainly worth a Daily Deal if you can get it. A lot of people were yelling there were no directions and it was too hard....maybe I'm getting better at these. I did look at the walkthrough three times, twice on mini puzzles I couldn't figure out what they wanted, once for the same reason on the game. I didn't have to use the hints very often, which was a good thing because they loaded very slowly. The game drags in spots, for me especially the one where he visits his childhood. I was expecting FINALLY to get some revelations, but nope. I'm very story oriented, the only story is the contrived bit to get him under hypnosis and the confusing "THIS ISN'T THE END, IT'S THE BEGINNING OF A SEQUEL" leaving you wondering what artist boy is really doing. After all, that shrink was dressed more like a drug dealer....

[Post New]by colordoc on Feb 17, 11 9:56 AM
This is a terrible game...

[Post New]by Cheekygurl on Feb 23, 11 8:38 AM
Nice graphics and soundtrack. Hidden object scenes were fairly easy as were the puzzle challenges. Quick play. There was no adhesive story though. Just seemed like you went to different areas. Would not buy again and will not buy the second game. Not challenging enough.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Apr 9, 11 7:12 AM
I usually have great patience in these games or go to the walk through for help. With this I didn't bother. I played 15 min. of the demo and deleted the game. It was so frustrating. It gives you no clues on what to do at all. I was just wandering around clicking on things looking for something to work. That is about the extent of my experience with this. No Thanks!

suddensam
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by suddensam on Apr 16, 11 8:02 AM
I thought that this game has great potential. I do think that the developers should spend a bit more time on it as is seems a bit "clunky". There is a good story and I liked the HOs. The puzzles have no directions so if you don't have a clue what to do you just have to wait for the skip, but I don't like to skip, would rather have some directions so I could solve the puzzle. So my take is: needs work

rakuroks
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rakuroks on Apr 16, 11 8:26 AM
Teach496 wrote:I must say I couldn't stand this game. I LOVE HOGS and this is an insult to the genre! Uninstalled it after 15 mins.

Yeah. Me too. Thought is was unlikeable on all fronts. P.U.
Rakuroks

Go to: