Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 8, 11 9:08 AM
Hi all, Bought this game a while ago and enjoyed playing it ... (love the 'baddy phantom's' laugh!). I think I'll be playing this one again as it has an interesting storyline. I can't give it a review as I can't remember it all from the first playing but it must have impressed me because I didn't delete it after playing!
Love Pat_ric_ia x

catsrobe
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Boring!!!!!

[Post New]by catsrobe on Apr 26, 11 1:11 AM
This game is sooooo boring and stupid. It took forever to clean the stupid mirrors. An exercise in lameness!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 3, 11 7:40 AM
judy218 wrote:I was disappointed that I didnt get a full hour demo. I would assume if they stop my progress that early on it will be a fairly easy game. If you say 60 minutes I should get 60 mins regardless of how far I progress.

Sample Versions don't say any time at all. There are two types of demos, to a point and to a time.
Play the FREE sample version
(126.41 MB )

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Jun 8, 11 7:25 AM
really really liked this game...great **** and tho simple in format was fun and somewhat challenging and very nice graphics

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Jun 14, 11 2:03 PM
lovely graphics. too short a game poor ending

Stuka_UK
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Stuka_UK on Jun 15, 11 8:08 PM
I agree the first ending was a little disappointing. I haven't got to the ending of the bonus level yet.

[Post New]by katsrplayin1 on Jun 30, 11 8:30 PM
I LOVE THIS GAME . I BOUGHT IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUN CANT WALK AWAY FROM IT WAS ALMOST LATE FOR WORK CAUSE I PLAYED IT SO MUCH AND LONG LOL HAVE FUN WELL WORTH THE TIME AND MONEY

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 12, 11 2:25 PM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Aug 7, 11 10:00 AM
I just finished playing this game and agree with those who thought it to be a disappointment. It's a nice straight HOG, but I was expecting more. Wish I had read ALL the reviews before buying.

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Aug 7, 11 5:36 PM
I have to add my voice to the chorus of those who found this game to be a disappointment. I thought there was extreme incongruity between the darkness of the storyline and the ease of the puzzles - it's like the story was for adults but the game itself was for kids. I also found the dusting-the-mirror gimmick to be ridiculous. Once, fine, but for every level? I finally gave up when I got to the cash register in the basement, because I found the code for it but I couldn't press the buttons. Glad I only went for the free trial.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Aug 18, 11 2:31 AM
Just finished playing the full game for the first time. I really enjoyed this one. I liked the spooky graphics and the music. It was the first linear HOG I have played; you have no choice which room you go to next, but I didn't have a problem with that. Each room had different tasks to do, which were interesting. The mini-games were easy enough for me (I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to those). I never needed a walkthrough; the game explained the tasks well, and the hints were helpful as well.

I would recommend this game. I'll certainly be playing it again soon!

GreenMyEyes
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by GreenMyEyes on Oct 1, 11 9:14 AM
After a few minutes, I decided not to play this game. The reason? I dislike a game where you get penalized in a hidden object game for clicking too often. I play these games for fun, not to get slapped on the wrist for something the developer doesn't want me to do. If I've paid for a game, let me play it the way I want to.

I will do the same for any other games with this problem. Maybe if enough of us gamers mention this, the developers will stop doing it.

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Oct 16, 11 9:36 PM
I didn't mind this game as such, but the continual listing of tasks made the game a little too easy. I also found the end a little tedious - H0G after H0G to collect the last objects, but otherwise it was fairly enjoyable.

[Post New]by goodgirl77 on Nov 6, 11 10:22 PM
I thought I was really liking this game, but after having to clean a million mirrors and taking it so long to do so really started getting on my nerves. Not so fun anymore.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 3, 12 4:51 PM
This game have very nice graphics it is not so hard to play, have enough puzzles and **** to keep you busy.

I bought on a sale a while back and I got my money worth.

leslie5270
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by leslie5270 on Jan 8, 12 9:58 PM
I have just finished playing this game and was disappointed. I got bored with it pretty quickly and just wanted to get it finished. I think the age level as far as HOS and puzzles is between 7 and 12 years or so. It was very easy to do the HOS; they were about the same difficulty as the Highlights hidden picture magazines my kids used to do. Some help might be needed for things like "mandrake" and a few other objects they are less likely to recognize. The challenges in the rooms were more difficult, but definitely nothing that couldn't be done pretty easily with some thought. Kids would need some help in the rooms, but it's a great way to teach them cause and effect, and how to solve problems using logic.

I thought that the graphics were adequate, a little grey but nice and clear. There was nothing in the pictures or the story that would scare a 7+ year old. I would recommend this game for a rainy day game with your kids. Just be careful to explain the ending. No spoilers here, though.

Yes, I did try the demo. My demo experience with several of the games is that what I can get done in the demo time, although it's a lot of time, doesn't necessarily tell me how a game will play as I get further along. That sounds weird I guess, but I bet other gamers would say the same thing.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Mar 10, 12 3:26 PM
I bought and played this game when it came out SE in 2010 and enjoyed it but I just played it again 2012 and enjoyed it even more. Seemed to have more story line than the new ones. Goes to show you, these games are re-playable! Great fun!

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on May 1, 12 9:02 PM
Aside from cracking glass if I waited just one second too long before clicking on the correct item in the Hidden Objects Scenes and the poor English this is basic and simple and boring. The storyline is weak, the graphics are *blah*, I got tired of having to wait 30 seconds after repairing the telescope for the game to finally realize I had repaired the telescope (but it would crack the glass if I were just one second too late with my click), the ending is *so-so*....

It got to the point to where I was just clicking in order to get the glass cracking out of the way and using the HINT button way too much.

This game is almost pure Hidden Object Scenes. The other games are simple (unless the instructions were so poorly written that I had no idea what I was supposed to do). Not scary at all, some of the characters were nice, some obnoxious, I don't know what happened to them at the end and I don't care.

I finally played it just to get it over with. I don't recommend it. It would be good for beginners except for that fast cracking of glass all the time. I don't like to be hurried through Hidden Objects Scenes because my vision is poor.

I give it two out of five stars overall.

BTW, who the heck is the Lord of Mirrors anyway? Just two red eyes in a robe? Some hints were given but nothing panned out.

Edited on 05/01/2012 at 9:03:30 PM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on May 1, 12 9:08 PM
GreenMyEyes wrote:After a few minutes, I decided not to play this game. The reason? I dislike a game where you get penalized in a hidden object game for clicking too often. I play these games for fun, not to get slapped on the wrist for something the developer doesn't want me to do. If I've paid for a game, let me play it the way I want to.

I will do the same for any other games with this problem. Maybe if enough of us gamers mention this, the developers will stop doing it.

Not only are players penalized for clicking too often they are penalized for waiting too long between clicks (30 seconds?) I really don't mind getting penalized if I'm goofing off and clicking just for the heck of it but all I did was take a drink out of the glass next to the computer and when I clicked again I got the glass cracking. Snarky game. It made me feel pushed to use the HINT button way too much.

[Post New]by petalsx on Aug 6, 12 9:44 PM
i didnt check out the demo, i just seen it at wally world and though wow this looks interesting, i love the haunted spooky look. will i really enjoyed the game i've played it all the way thru. knowing what i know now, i would buy the game again if need be just to keep it in my small collection of game!!! loved it. i'll play this one again probley in a month teehee.

Go to: