Re:Your Comments and Review for Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box

[Post New]by Givmeachalenge on Jun 3, 10 6:11 PM
In a word BORING! took an amazing fast time to complete, was not long enough, was repetative with screens and no challenge. RIP OFF

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jun 3, 10 7:22 PM
I am having a blast with this game. The story isn't my cup of tea, but understandable and who doesn't like a hunk! I love all the puzzles and mini-games including word type puzzles. I am looking forward to the second part. Well-worth 6.99! I have played all evening and just starting level 9. Thank you for the great game!!!

nocturnadawn
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by nocturnadawn on Jun 4, 10 7:27 AM
Amazing game! I just wish there were more like this one. A great balance of puzzles and hidden objects. The story line was awesome as well. I am going to go see if I can locate the book this game was based on. My only problem was that I beta tested the game and my name was not in the credits as a beta tester. Ah well.

jacko3443
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jacko3443 on Jun 4, 10 9:47 AM
I didn't like at all. to many puzzles and the puzzles were to hard. hidden objects were hard to see , and i have 19" screen with hi def so i don't know how anybody sees them ether. wish id never bought it. every puzzle you had to go to the walk through that's not a game. sorry

MSG050110
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by MSG050110 on Jun 5, 10 5:31 PM
I really enjoyed this game, it had alot of different things going on. I know it was a longer game, but I was enjoying it so much it went really fast. Hopefully part II will be just as much fun.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jun 6, 10 5:53 PM
Tiger Eye - Part 1: Curse of the Riddle Box - is a surprisingly nice little sleeper game! It starts slow and I almost didn't finish the trial because the beginning scene had some really hard to find small tiles and in fact I set it aside and forgot about it until someone mentioned it in their "must buy" list. So I pulled it out and dusted off my free trial determined to give it a second chance and I am so glad I did! I would have missed out on a real gem.

It's a story game and the description warns that it contains "romantic themes" and it does, however it is not "just" a romance... the love story is more like a great classic movie rather than a gratuitous "romance for romance sake" theme. I think there is enough of that to satisfy romance fans but not so much it would bore those who pass on that type of story. You are also able to skip the story if you prefer. The game seems a good length, I'm on hour six and am to chapter 10.

The hidden objects are small at times, and I do have a large monitor (25 & 1/2") so some may find this objectionable. I also found myself leaning in to get a closer look as the top edge of the game screen seemed a little dark. My monitor tends to be this way though so that may not be the case for all. There are plenty of hints available (more than I needed) so you shouldn't get stuck. The objects are nice and fit the story, none of that annoying junk pile style that we see all too often.

I really enjoyed the variety of puzzles and mini-games included... everything from word games to dominoes, match 3 to connect the pipes type games. It remains a challenge and although there is some repetition it's not enough to get boring. There are also hints included in the mini-games (a feature too often missing in games) along with a skip function so you can try the hints first and if you're still stuck you can skip. I found myself using the occasional hint to get started and never needed to skip a game to continue.

The graphics are beautiful and the story is printed on screen but also narrated in nice, dramatic style. The music, while not something I would listen to outside the game, fits in nicely and adds a light atmosphere to an otherwise dramatic storyline. I give this a wholehearted two thumbs up and it is near the top of my all time favorite games list! Give it a try and persevere to the end of the free trial and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Edited on 06/06/2010 at 6:08:20 PM PST

[Post New]by perennially on Jun 7, 10 3:10 AM
The hidden objects were sometimes a challenge to say the least, but loved the variety of puzzles. Though, for me, the story line was a bit cheesy, it made me smile at times. Great entertainment and I'll be happy to see Part 2.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jun 7, 10 9:29 AM
What a great game, that had some new twist and innovative game play, that made it a must buy, for me.
Fun mini's and puzzles, with and excellent hint system, I thought the hint system was perfect, for the beginner or the experienced game player, you get to choose how much help, you need.
Loved the story also, ummm....what a huge hunk of burning love, yes I am talking about Hari, I agree with what someone else wrote, size does matter !
Tall, dark and hot, they nailed that one, for me anyway, love dark skin and hair, even if he is imaginairy, I have a huge imagination.
This game was a definite challenge, but one I enjoyed, and I can't wait for, Part 2.
Nice going cesse47, I recognized your name as soon as I saw it in the credits :-)
BIG props to the developers, and all involved in the making of this game, GREAT Job, it sure was a blast to play.
Another huge plus, was the length, so many developers these days don't take the time, to give the gamers, what they crave, a good game with a nice length.
With this game you get both, so congratulations on a job well done, I think Part 2 will sell like hot cakes, so it is a win, win situation, for all
I know I am looking forward to the second part :-)

Edited on 06/07/2010 at 9:32:59 AM PST

[Post New]by seuzibell on Jun 8, 10 5:13 PM
I have played a lot of Hidden Object games and I LOVE THIS GAME!!! This is a refreshing take on the Hidden Object genre and I enjoyed the story line. I can't wait for Part II to come out! I loved that you don't get penalized for clicking and you get tons of hints if you need them. The varying puzzles and beautiful graphics really do make this a fun game. I am working through a second time and there are things in the dialog that make more sense on the second run than they did in the first time through.

Bottom Line: Definitely a BUY!!! I think you will really enjoy this game!

[Post New]by cforbin on Jun 8, 10 6:50 PM
Who Knew! I love romance novels. I especially love novels with a bit of the paranormal: Jayne Anne Krentz, you rock. I tried the demo. I've always loved the Hidden Object games that have challenging puzzles that are used to advance the game. But as I was playing this, I thought, this story line is like a romance novel. And guess what fishes, this game is based on a paranormal romance novel. Ok, breathe, I am in Heaven. The story line is well done, of course. The puzzles are challenging. One, I am now a Marjorie M. Liu fan and am getting her books. Two, can't wait for part two of this game. Maybe all her Dirk and Steele books will turn into a game. Hotcha!

Even if you are not a romance novel fan, you will like this story, oops sorry, game.

monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Jun 10, 10 3:01 AM
Review
Warning! May contain spoilers!

Storyline: Without going into too much depth, the story begins with a woman called Dela who has travelled to China. She has some psychic abilities- such as prophetic dreams and the ability to "read" metal (the history of the metal, who the owners were, how old it is, etc). She encounters an old woman who gives her an ancient riddle box, which hides a secret! Unfortunately for Dela, there are other people, evil people, who seek the riddle box. There begins the adventure! Before I started this game, I got the distinct impression that it would be very cheesy and romantic and a bit of a joke- I was so wrong! The storyline really captivates you from the moment you begin the game and you find yourself very quickly immersed into Dela's life. As for the romantic bits, well... they are steamy! I highly enjoyed watching the romance bloom!
Gameplay: The gameplay was a lot of fun, there was a neat combination of Hidden Object puzzles and using the objects to complete a puzzle or task and an assortment of entertaining puzzles, such as rotating circular puzzle pieces to form an image in the correct position, a pipe puzzle, match 3, etc...and my personal favorite- connecting the neurons to cause a psychic charge of energy! (oh and I almost forgot the 'dressing up Hari' task! that was yummy!) All of the puzzles increase in difficulty as the game progresses. Also, after a chapter is completed, there are mini games to earn you more hint points. All the puzzles were wonderful and I had a great time figuring them out!
Graphics: The graphics were very clear and bright, making it easy to identify an item you were looking for. The scenes were beautifully drawn- It can definately be seen that a lot of effort went into the artwork of this game and it really added to its overall effect.
Music: The music was perfect- ranging from atmospheric oriental music, relaxing and peaceful music, romantic music, tense adventurous music and more! They were all pleasant to listen to and added a lot to the scenes they were used in.
Voice Acting: I was thrilled that voice acting was used in this game and that it was GOOD voice acting! It gives a very completed feel to the game.

All told- I thought it was a very good game, lasting around 5+ hours.
4.5 out of 5

Tulipx6
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Tulipx6 on Jun 10, 10 4:42 PM
As far as games go this one rates an "ok" in my book. The reason being, I tire of hidden object games after they have been done to death. My favorite genre tends to be games like Azada, Safecracker and Drawn....however those tend to be few and far between. This one at least had more mini-games than most of the games that I see today. The story line was good...interesting...more so than many others....but considering that many games I play with my 10 year old sitting beside me...it was..err..rather awkward. A bit of a warning that there was more an adult theme to the storyline would be good.

I finished the game in about 2.5 hours without hints. My 10 year old enjoyed the game, but I will not be able to allow him to create his own character to play for himself....the storyline was just to adult.

As a ps...if anyone knows of games that are in the genre of the games mentioned above, I would love to hear about them...I think I have hit them all....but I may have missed some sleepers.

Ariztokat
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Ariztokat on Jun 10, 10 11:50 PM
Absolutely LOVE this game! Please bring on Part II soon!!!!!

I'm going now to play through it again.

[Post New]by magnoliajem on Jun 11, 10 6:36 AM
LOVED this game!!!

The gameplay was a good mix of HOG, IHOG & mini-puzzles/games, some of which I found to be really challenging. I particularly enjoyed the variety of the minis & that you could choose whether to use hints for them &, if so, how many. As for the hint system, thanks for giving the opportunity to earn more through the "find identical object" minis! I came "this close" to getting the 50 needed to unlock the extras.

The storyline was thoroughly engrossing, like a good book that you just can't put down .... .... I'm not a big romance fan, so I thought I'd be skipping the cut scenes. How wrong I was!!! For me, the story was a nice balance of romance, paranormal, adventure, and mystery. And, the story blended seamlessly with the gameplay.....the story led to the games which advanced the story. Bravo!! The graphics were wonderful. I really enjoyed the nuances of the facial expressions like the narrowing of eyes. Voice acting really suited the characters. More important, the voice actors sounded believeable, unlike many of the wooden voices we hear on other games.

Can't wait for Part 2!!

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jun 11, 10 7:24 PM
Tiger Eye Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box:

There has been a lot of talk about this game, and for good reason. Based on a romance novel by Marjorie Liu, this is a story-driven puzzle game more than anything else. There are diabolically-hidden objects to find, but it's the story and the puzzle elements that are the main thrust of this game.

The main character has been having dreams and powerful premonitions that lead her to China. We find that she is a metal smith who can not only use her psychic powers to help her mold and tease her metal works into the desired pattern and shape, but she can also "speak" to metal. Just by touching a piece of metal she can tell you about where it's been, how old it is and about the people who owned it. When she is introduced to an ancient puzzle box, she is stunned by what she finds inside.

This IS a romance, but even men could get a good chuckle from the story. The characters, though in cartoon form, are perfect for the story. Add in the voice acting - especially that of our hero, Hari - and the story is well-balanced and interesting. There's a good bit of romance and a good bit of humor, as well. I nearly fell of my chair laughing when Hari made his final assumption of why he'd been summoned

The puzzles are varied, many and fun to do. The hidden objects are small, very well concealed and not the slightest bit junk-piley (I just made up a new word! Go me! lol~) Though finding the objects is hard, hints are available, and the rest of the game makes up for the frustration.

I absolutely enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next installment.

bik1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by bik1 on Jun 13, 10 9:49 AM
Just finished Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box and absolutly LOVED IT!!
Can't wait for Part II. Any idea when it will become available?

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Jun 19, 10 10:25 PM
I just finished this game and absolutely love it! I read a review early on that said the game "leads you by the hand". Well, that's just my style! I used a lot of hints, but never had to consult a walkthrough. I have a 17" monitor and had no problems finding things. I'm very glad that you had the option to skip the puzzles. Sometimes they were just too hard, sometimes I didn't feel like doing the third (and hardest) version. I'm not a fan of romance novels, but i enjoyed this story and can't wait for part II. I'll definitely replay this to see if I can get the hints to unlock the extras.

[Post New]by lynda313 on Jun 20, 10 10:42 AM
GREAT game! I loved it. But question: Why are the "Extras" still locked, even though I have bought the game AND finished it?

Thanks.

L

meatbun66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by meatbun66 on Jun 21, 10 5:08 PM
I am in the minority here but this is the worst HOG game I ever played. I still have a headache from the eye strain trying to find those tiny objects. I HOPE there isn't a part 2. If i want romance, I'll watch a movie or read a book. 2 hours of my life wasted playing this game!

[Post New]by mdsmith6061 on Jul 13, 10 7:44 PM
The graphics are not "clean" enough so some of the hiden objects are nearly impossible to find. The puzzles are of mixed difficultly. I do not know if I will buy part two. I will try the free hour to see if there is any improvement before I put money down.

Go to: