pamvan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

The turtle race

[Post New]by pamvan on May 28, 10 10:15 AM
It looks like i'm not going to be able to finish the game. I cannot win the turtle race. i saw that someone had let the time run out and then found a skip option for the race. I did let time run out, but there is no skip and I still can't win it. I've done this so many times, I'm completely frustrated with it. I would have liked to finish the game. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Re:Your Comments and Review for Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates

[Post New]by Symyon on May 29, 10 1:27 AM
Somebody here in forum said that you have to open the turtle puzzle and DO NOT click to start the race, just wait for the Skip to charge. Hope this helps.

bfogc
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by bfogc on May 29, 10 8:58 AM
Thanks for the reviews everyone.I tried the demo and loved it,so I bought it!I always try to read the reviews before I buy it and it had great reviews!

dfranklin
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dfranklin on May 29, 10 1:23 PM
Wonderful game, I love the ingenuity and originality, as well as the humor and graphics. I heard myself (and so did my spouse) laughing out loud in places or chuckling under my breath. I also like how I got to the "end" of the game (after the monkey sequence) and there were two additional chapters..nice length! This one has it all...I hope some of the developers out there can take a look at this one as a model.

Graphics =
Story =
Puzzles (quantity and difficulty) =
Game Originality =
Length =
Music =
Addictiveness =

Might want to warn some parents about some "language" towards the end of the game. Didn't bother me, but I'm not playing the game with kids. That's about the only thing I can think of other than no voice overs. I didn't really have an issue with the animal sequences like a few folks did, but I don't have a very thin skin about those sorts of things even though I'm an animal lover too. About the only ones that I didn't really like doing were SPOILER (highlight with mouse):

Having to shock the dog three times to wake him up
Having to step on the cat's tail to see the black cats

The monkey drinking the potion was too funny.

Edited on 05/29/2010 at 2:44:51 PM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 29, 10 10:11 PM
The scenes/artwork are fantastic and it's a fun game but not nearly as good a game as the first Robinson Crusoe (in my opinion) so I was a little disappointed in this one - glad I got it on sale I haven't even quite finished the game yet - got bored with it...

Edited on 05/29/2010 at 10:12:35 PM PST

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on May 30, 10 7:50 PM
cherbtoo wrote:Well I have already bought it without finishing the demo. It is an IHOG with nice graphics and, even though some of the things were small like finding wasps and bees, I did find them all without using a hint. I did however use a couple of hints finding other things and it took about 30 seconds to refill in relaxed mode. Yes there is an option to play the game Timed so it should suit everyone.

Just one word of warning in the first scene when you have repaired the box do not play with it as you only get three goes and I wasted mine and so ended up having to delete that player and start again from the beginning as I could not complete the task. When I started again I still had to find the wasps and bees but the next scene had some, but not all, different objects to find so there is a bit of replayability there.

I also noted that if I quit game during a HOG scene, when I went back, it was different objects to find. I hoped that after I finished the game, when I replayed on same user it would start over and have a new set of objects to find with same story. That didn't happen. Anyone know if this concept is something that this or other HOG games offer? Maybe I just didn't do something correctly! I just loved this game and was hoping for more replayability (without same objects to find). Thanks!

[Post New]by USEUSERNAME on May 30, 10 8:12 PM
I LOVED THIS GAME. I only play hidden object games and this one is one of my favorites because there are a lot of puzzles throughout - not just finding hidden objects. It also was reasonably long (compared to many of the games that I solve very quickly). Definitely worth buying

[Post New]by teetee292 on May 31, 10 8:08 AM
Just finished this last night. Not that hard for the most part, some objects a little dark, but sure made me smille. Humerous and fun, with great graphics and some different mini games. How did your turtle races go? I finally had to give up, I just couldn't get my fingers cooperate!

[Post New]by FranklyFish on May 31, 10 9:41 AM
This is an exellent game--demo'd for an hour then a definite buy. Did have to swallow my pride at the very beginning, having fed the owl at least 15 rodents and gotten nowhere, logged back in an chose tutorial to get over that little bump. NIce humor, wonderful art.

cautious
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by cautious on May 31, 10 5:59 PM
This game is just plain fun. Good graphics, fun games, cute story. Sorry to see it end.
Would love to know the names of other games produced by this company.

xine48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by xine48 on May 31, 10 6:12 PM
this is the best game i have played in a long time. I am bored with HOGS, but this has plenty of intriguing mini games. and it is long. well worth the money, i hate buying a game and having last 3 hours. I commend the developers who by their names, I know are not native speakers of English but got the language right. I have to laugh however, who but Harry Potter readers are going to know what Madrogora are.

Good Job.

chadilia
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by chadilia on May 31, 10 9:07 PM
I finally finished this game and really appreciated the humor, including the silly little touches that were added to each scene. I laughed when I had to give the haircut to that grumpy-looking monkey. Definitely recommend this one as a mostly-straight HOG with minigames interspersed throughout. (I just wish they had more minigames, since those were my favorite part!) The only things I didn't like were shocking the dog, and the pirate dressed in drag (for some reason guys dressed as girls just is not funny to me, it's just overdone and I don't get why we're supposed to laugh at that, especially since it's not at all funny for girls to be dressed like guys). Overall, I give the game a !

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on Jun 1, 10 8:40 PM
I don't often laugh out loud during game play but this one had me roaring. Absolutely delightful! No spoiler here, but Cap'n Guywood's final puzzle had me in tears. And oh, I was so beautifully snookered at the end!

Great graphics, great music (Somatone again), and a mix of puzzles that never got me bored. Probably not a great deal of replay value, but puzzle games are like that once you've figured them out. And a fantastic sense of humor.

Full marks to everyone involved. For pure antic fun I think this one has set a new standard. Yarrrrr!

mplskate
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by mplskate on Jun 2, 10 8:52 PM
What a fun game -- great humor, beautiful graphics, nice balance of minigames and hidden objects. This one really stands out above the rest of the typical hidden object games. Hope to see more from this development company soon.

Rkatidid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Rkatidid on Jun 2, 10 9:06 PM
I immediately felt love when I began playing this game. Instant buy.

sirhc56
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sirhc56 on Jun 2, 10 10:33 PM
This was by far one of the most enjoyable games I have played. A little of this and a little of that. The puzzles not too hard, some really easy, but I did have to skip one...(My turtle kept running in circles). Graphics were crisp and almost every scene had a humorous side to it. Was happy to see the words "to be continued..." at the end. I will be watching for the next one.

[Post New]by KemmaRedCat on Jun 2, 10 10:35 PM
Very fun IHOG! Definitely five fins up.

Nice long play, very fun theme and characters, good graphics and, yes, the music was pretty darn decent but could have used a few more songs in the mix. (And that is a very tiny quibble.)

Sugarbella
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Sugarbella on Jun 4, 10 4:49 PM
biomix wrote:Wow! Really going against the current here, but I beta tested this game. Didn't like it then and don't like it now.
The items were really hard to find.
The music drove me around the bend.
Too much going on in the scenes.
It's just not for me.
I'm happy to see that you all enjoy it.

I agree!

I loved my first hour -- downloaded the game with my free credit and then cursed myself. lol.

The graphics are spectacular -- simply beautiful. I really enjoyed them. However, the games were annoying - perhaps it was the music or the fact that it was the same map over and over again. Or maybe it was because of the pointless "testing" of the blackspots. I don't want to give too much away of the game.

The storyline should have been more played up. It was really interesting - wished they did more with it. The "side" games were somewhat simple (once you figured out what you were supposed to do) and the timed version gave you way too much time. Not much of a challenge.

Hope that helps!!

Sugarbella
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Sugarbella on Jun 4, 10 4:53 PM
angelfishsb wrote:
scarlet_11dy6 wrote:
angelfishsb wrote:This is one of the few games I will not purchase. This is not due to any technical problems but moral problems. I do not like when I skip a puzzle to be asked if I will sell my sole to do so. I know this is only a game but I will not sell my sole even in a game. I also did not like other moral issues in the game. I sorry they ruined the game because I buy almost every HOG game out there but, I do have my standards.

I don't get it (tho I haven't demo'd yet). Why would you be morally upset at being asked to sell the bottom of your shoe?

Funny!!!

Angelfish -- it's a game!! It's silly fun. Get outside and get some sun. You've been indoors too long! Yikes!!!

Edited on 06/04/2010 at 4:54:57 PM PST

pamvan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

no luck with the turtles

[Post New]by pamvan on Jun 4, 10 5:11 PM
I followed Symyon's suggestion, but after several minutes, I still don't have a skip option. Maybe I'll just leave it on for a few more minutes. I really would like to finish the game. It is fun---um...except for these turtles, of course!!

Go to: