felm
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Re:Updated! New version of The Heritage available now!

[Post New]by felm on May 30, 10 8:35 AM
The second time I de-installed and re-installed this game ( the date of second re-installation 29/05/2010) looks like problem is cured for me. I have got to chapter 3 and it all seems to work ok. thank-you. If problem reccurs I will update forum.

terry1921
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by terry1921 on May 30, 10 8:40 AM
I have the new version....the first one stuck at the Chapter One locket. The new version did well until I got to the candlestick game (Above the fireplace.) and it tells me I get the piece for the watering an, but when I click, it doesn't give it to me and it still shows the game available to be played. I even tried Skip Game and it did the same thing...I can't move on because I can't get the piece of the watering can!!!

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Jun 2, 10 12:13 PM
felm wrote:The second time I de-installed and re-installed this game ( the date of second re-installation 29/05/2010) looks like problem is cured for me. I have got to chapter 3 and it all seems to work ok. thank-you. If problem reccurs I will update forum.

After the same 2nd d/l and fix of 5/29/10, I was able to complete the game. But, there was still one glitch: There's only one pipe game (in the form of a slider puzzle), and I was trying to solve it while I waited for the "skip" button to fill. All of a sudden, there was a water-gushing sound - I swear - it sounded just like a commode, and then the game froze. Had to shut down pc to get out of it.

When I opened the game afterward, I didn't touch the puzzle, just waited to hit the skip button, and played the rest of the game through the end without any more problems.

I've decided not to d/l the latest rebuild offered as so many have reported it made the game worse than before. I can live with skipping that pipe puzzle.

twin_mom
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by twin_mom on Jun 3, 10 3:24 AM
I just downloaded this game once again after having problems everyday since its release. It is now working for me. Don't know what BFG has done since yesterday (I've done nothing) but whatever it was, has fixed this game.

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Jun 6, 10 4:44 AM
I reinstalled the game a week (or so) back, got as far as Chapter 20 or 21 and, guess what? . . .it froze up (sound track even continued to loop itself). Oh well! It was fun while it lasted . . .it's now time to put it to rest.

confuesed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by confuesed on Jun 7, 10 1:04 PM
This is the most frustrating game I have played in a long time. 3 times after I have completed the puzzle with butterflies it closes me out and I have to start all over again finding the pieces that I have already found 3 times before.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jun 7, 10 1:43 PM
So I take it,that it's still not fixed? Oh NOES, I bought it after the new version was offered,but have not played it yet.

[Post New]by iluvmyputer2 on Jun 12, 10 8:59 AM
I would love to buy this game. Is it fixed or not?

[Post New]by MontanaDiane on Jun 12, 10 10:00 AM
I deleted this game after attempting the fixes that were offered back in May. I only had the trial version and deleted it with 3 minutes remaining. Since it had put me back to the beginning for the 5th or 6th time, I didn;t think it was worth playing the remaining 3 minutes. With todays Game news touting it as the featured game, I thought I'd give it another shot as it seemed promising if the issues were really resolved. Upon dowloading the trial again today, I've got a whopping 3 minutes to see if its been fixed yet! Come on BF, with all the initial problems with this game, ALL of the trials should have been erased and reset to 60 minutes. I WILL NOT BUY this game just to see if you've got it fixed yet! My game credits are too valuable to me to waste one on a game that may or may not be fixed yet.

SGOLDSAC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by SGOLDSAC on Jun 12, 10 8:17 PM
I downloaded The Heritage today and loved it. Got all the way to end and then it froze and kicked me back to the previous chapter. I hope they fix it because I like it. I have read all of the rants. "It's a game, people, relax." I have found BF very accommodating when I have had a problem and they generally give me my credit back.

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Jun 13, 10 9:44 PM
I deleted and reinstalled as I am stuck in the bathroom. When I click on the sparkles nothing happens. Please fix as I like this game. Thanks.

[Post New]by taralouiser on Jun 21, 10 12:37 PM
I seriously give up with this game. I reinstall it after EVERY update and still it does not work properly. It looks like such a good game of what I have managed to pay so far. But Im just getting so annoyed with this. I have never had so many problems with one game on BFG!!
Please fix it. I want to play it!!!!

onetoomany
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by onetoomany on Jun 22, 10 8:11 PM
I downloaded the game last night after midnight and decided to play the trial version a few minutes ago. After entering the livingroom, I clicked on the hidden objects, I just had 3 remaining fragments to find and the game froze. Had to exit using task manager. Game is running on a Sony Vaio/Vista/4GB/32bit. It looks like an interesting game. I was thinking about buying the game, instead of waiting for the trial to end, and it FROZE. What's wrong with the game? I see there's a long line ahead of me with various issues. Maybe taking it off the site until it's corrected might be a good idea. The game looks good, but with this many problems it's going to deter a lot of people from purchasing, if they see this many complaints. Wow!

[Post New]by debperry on Jun 25, 10 7:35 PM
I bought this game when it first came out, havent been able to play it past the first page. I have deleted it and then reloaded it, but still does not work. Going to ask for my credit back. what a waste of time

[Post New]by moosieone on Jun 26, 10 6:32 PM
just bought this game..no problem with download or anything...i have sound..but just a whhite screen...uninstalled it, tried again..same thing..sound but no picture

any ideas?

[Post New]by lilbert3 on Jun 27, 10 2:19 PM
I just bought and played The Heritage and had no problems with the game. I got as far as where you meet the sisters and the text says "to you who found the locket, I have so much to tell you." What I want to know is, is that the end of the game? If so it is a BIG let down.

onetoomany
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by onetoomany on Jul 6, 10 11:48 PM
OK, peeps, are all systems go on this game as of today? I haven't played it since my previous post in this forum topic a couple of weeks ago when I got stuck and that was after a few fixes. So....have ALL the bugs been dealt with? Has anyone from BFG said anything since the last fix (a few comments back) anywhere? Because I haven't received any updates from anyone at BF and I was still stuck after the latest announcement of it being "fixed". (same BF comment a few comments back).
Thanks

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Jul 26, 10 8:09 PM
I'm amazed that everyone is having a problem with this game. From what it says, the "New Updated" version of the heritage started on 7/6. I purchased it on 6/9, way before I knew anything about a problem or an update.
Just finished playing the game, I enjoyed it, didn't have even one problem with it, other than some very small H.O.s but thought the end was very, very abrupt. Didn't expect the last scene to have a small puzzle that said "RESTART."
Sure hope it works for everyone now. If I play it again, maybe it won't go so well, but at least I can download the update!

darlaki
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by darlaki on Aug 2, 10 9:53 AM
Uninstalled the game and just reinstalled it and still have the same problem of it resetting itself back to a previous place that I had already completed. Finished where the butterfles are and that was as far as I could go, very disappointing, thought you had it fixzed.

gailssong
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

Re:Updated! New version of The Heritage available now! NOT WORKING

[Post New]by gailssong on Mar 2, 11 5:11 PM
i will add myself to the extremely long list of unhappy gamers. I did read some of the posts and really thought it was resolved. as most of these were from last year I figured it was fixed. IT WAS NOT I got to Chapter 14 and it froze. Turned it off and restarted computer still nothing. Left it for a day and it worked.Sigh I thought oh good I can play it again. Only to find that it FROZE FOR TH E SECOND TIME. This time in Chapter 16. I am not amused at all and would like my money back. Okay now I know why it was only 2.99 guess they wanted us to try it again.
Please discontinue this game. It just does not work. This is the first time that I have had trouble with your games,And I love playing them. It is ashame for this one because I did enjoy it up until the freezing started.
i would like a refund please... thank you very much

Go to: