Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by lmv2113 on Mar 18, 18 12:04 AM
Just adding a "me too" with the spirits not detecting internet. Pretty frustrating. It seemed to have started last night. Dark Manor is the only game I play...it's my antidepressant, lol!
Cheers to everyone!

FlaFig
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by FlaFig on Mar 18, 18 5:25 PM
Well this is a switch - I tried to play & instead of "no internet detected" I got " download the game again " message - I think I'll wait till some one comes on and says the game is fixed. Does this mean it is getting better or worse. I miss my manors

Tuxlux
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Tuxlux on Mar 18, 18 5:59 PM
Dark Manor is not responding as of 3/17/2018. It says no internet connection, when I do have a connection. I just downloaded another game!

Is Dark Manor dead?

Any way to gix this. Other games and connections are working.

Thanks!

FlaFig
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by FlaFig on Mar 19, 18 9:44 AM
I wish they - Big Fish Mods - would tell us what is going on with this. Not knowing is annoying to say the least. However I'm getting really good at my other games.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Mar 19, 18 10:26 AM
G'day,

I wanted to drop in and thank players for letting us know that there has been some difficulty accessing Dark Manor in recent days.

The moderation team has just been informed that Dark Manor has been removed from all available platforms. On behalf of the team I sincerely apologise for this inconvenience.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Taaja
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Taaja on Mar 19, 18 10:47 AM
bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:G'day,

I wanted to drop in and thank players for letting us know that there has been some difficulty accessing Dark Manor in recent days.

The moderation team has just been informed that Dark Manor has been removed from all available platforms. On behalf of the team I sincerely apologise for this inconvenience.

bfgMurrumbidgee
Thanks for the info and I heard back from the Support Team yesterday and they offered me a "free game coupon" if I just wanted to forget about Dark Manor and move on. That's a big NO THANKS, needless to say, I am holding out for DM but after seeing your post it makes me wonder if DM is dead. Do you think it's dead now permanently? The Team said they were behind on help requests and this was just a contact checking in with me to see if I had fixed the issue myself and they would get back with my tec-issue as soon as possible so I'm trusting that a fix is in the works. Thanks again for posting and do tell if you hear more.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Mar 19, 18 10:54 AM
Hi Taaja,

Thanks for checking in, I apologise for any misunderstanding caused by my last post.

According to the information the moderation team received earlier today, as difficult as it was to make this decision, the removal of the game is permanent.

If any further information is shared with our team, we'll be happy to update the community.

bfgMurrumbidgee

FlaFig
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by FlaFig on Mar 19, 18 4:38 PM
Well I'm not happy about it -but - at least I know to delete it. Sad so sad

Taaja
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Taaja on Mar 19, 18 5:04 PM
The Support Team said the same thing in my email, so sad. I have a question or two though. Do you know of any other BF games that you might list that has a set-up similar to Dark Manor? The two things I loved about this game was the feature that lets you place items any place you like to decorate your grounds and the neighbors, I will miss all of my DM neighbors. Another list of games that you may know of that has these similarities would be so great! There are so many games on BF that I wouldn't know where to look first. Any suggestions would be uplifting at this point. Thanks Moderators for all of your help.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 30, 18 4:53 PM
Hello Taaja and FlaFig,

Thank you for your patience and for taking the time to discuss your thoughts and technical issues here. While I do not have a completely similar game to provide, I can say that Midnight Castle is likely one of our strongest hidden object free to play game offerings. It looks like you may already be enjoying the game, and it doesn't have the same amount of customization as Dark Manor did, but you are able to place objects in a private room eventually and has a lot of fun hidden object scenes to try.

If players are interested in learning more, the following is the game's webpage:

Midnight Castle

And the following is the forum for the game:

Midnight Castle Forum

Many players are there and helpful and friendly. There are also many player created materials to help newcomers and veterans alike below:

Helpful Links for Midnight Castle

Thank you for your support for the game here, and I'm sorry that the decision was made to no longer support this title. I hope that other games we offer are a fun experience too. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 03/30/2018 at 4:55:37 PM PST

Go to: