NaomiGrace
Flounder
Flounder
2,220 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ Collector's Edition comments and reviews

[Post New]by NaomiGrace on Sep 6, 10 6:15 PM
This is a but I have yet to play RTR. It was fascinating and fun and everything an iHOG adventure game should be. Shame on you guys for making fun at acting. It was great. We're not the Academies here. Everyone who likes the genre will love this game.

grace

[Post New]by frodofilby on Sep 7, 10 1:12 PM
is there going to be a ravenhearst three? i've played one and two and even dire grove

[Post New]by xandersmomk on Sep 7, 10 5:44 PM
I played and replayed this game just like all the MCF games. I didn't like the corny ending but I didn't expect Oscar winning acting I guess. Overall great game and glad I played the series.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Sep 8, 10 12:25 PM
frodofilby wrote:is there going to be a ravenhearst three? i've played one and two and even dire grove

Everything is possible with MCF series.That's why I like it. Each episode brings something new and I'm never disappointed.

Did you try Madame Fate ?

If not, do it , its a very good game

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Sep 9, 10 6:04 AM
I recently completed this game. Did everyone who enjoyed playing this game NOT use a walkthrough guide? I had to rely on one extensively. Other games I have played in this genre, I completed on my own and with no help from the BF forums. Just makes me wonder what makes a good game good.

[Post New]by ecrvtbyn on Sep 10, 10 11:10 PM
Fantastic game!!!! Great story, great graphics, great sounds and music, all i can say!!!
The MCF games are the best logic games ever!!! i love BFG

[Post New]by annchi on Sep 13, 10 10:26 AM
the best game ever!!!! i,m totally freak off !!! go ahead!!!

[Post New]by Crisun on Sep 18, 10 10:30 PM
I got to the end of the game and I spelled Mercury and the thing at the top of the alter came up and I went to put in the vial and it won't take it. Keeps spitting it out so I can't finish the game. Anyone know what's going on?

Edited on 09/18/2010 at 11:41:31 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 19, 10 2:20 AM
Crisun wrote:I got to the end of the game and I spelled Mercury and the thing at the top of the alter came up and I went to put in the vial and it won't take it. Keeps spitting it out so I can't finish the game. Anyone know what's going on?
I think you've found the answer by now. Some items are empty to start with.

[Post New]by scholes23 on Sep 21, 10 2:55 PM
Just started to play the game but appear to be having a problem with any hidden object taken appearing in the inventory tray for viewing or using.

Can anyone help

Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ Collector's Edition comments and reviews

[Post New]by Anchy_cro on Sep 22, 10 10:45 AM
bfgCelebes wrote:Here is what our reviewer thought of Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ Collector's Edition . Post your own thoughts about the game in this thread and join the conversation! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Comments:
Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Collector’s Edition is much more than your typical Hidden Object game. Packed full of puzzles and sleuthing, its dark storyline and live action sequences make you feel as though you’re part of an interactive supernatural thriller film. This game doesn’t skimp on the details and it’s one you’ll want to play with the sound on – snow swirls and changes direction as the wind wails through the trees and every building you enter sounds as if it’s ready to fall apart around you. Snow crunches underfoot as you walk, water drips and ghosts whisper at your every move, creating a genuine feel of cold desolation. Unlike others in this genre, Dire Grove also features a ton of unlockable achievements and this Collector’s Edition even features secret content, wallpapers and behind-the-scenes media not found in the core version of the game. This game is overall engaging and offers a healthy challenge, yet is untimed and puzzles can all be skipped (though there is an achievement for completing all of them!) which keep this game from being too difficult. Despite the dark storyline and occasional “Blair Witch” feel, this game manages to not be violent or gory, so this game is appropriate for spook-chasers of all ages.

Game Modes:
Dire Grove has just an adventure mode with Hidden Object scenes and mini-game puzzles integrated into the storyline.

Depth:
Dire Grove has a total of seven chapters and a very experienced Hidden Object gamer or player making a lot of use of the strategy guide might complete it in about five hours, though this game will most likely last much longer for most players.

Similar to:
Players that enjoyed <a href=http://tinyurl.com/66aenz>Ravenhearst </a>and <a href=http://tinyurl.com/5rvj2n>Return to Ravenhearst</a> will also enjoy Dire Grove .

Difficulty level:
Dire Grove can be a bit difficult at times, but the lack of a timer paired with the renewing hint system and case file journal keep this game entertainingly challenging.

Reviewed by E.G.

[Post New]by riec49 on Sep 26, 10 10:54 PM
I love the game, but I am desperately trying to find where I use the snow shoes. Can anyone help. I see the secret area on the map in the secret room, but I can't figure out how to get there. Also, what do I do with the phone in the secret room?
Help,
riec49

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 27, 10 12:21 PM
1) You don't use the snowshoes anywhere. You just have to have them to get to the farmhouse.
2) You can't get to the secret room until MCF #7 comes out around Thanksgiving. Those are all hints / clues about the next game.
3) Solve the number puzzle at the end of the credits (or read it in the walkthrough thread) and dial it for a message (which you can read in Margie B's thread too).

[Post New]by patricial1947 on Sep 27, 10 12:33 PM
I just reached the part where you have to give potato chips to the wolf to get past him and the potato chips are gone from inventory. What happened?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 27, 10 12:52 PM
Can you scroll your inventory? You may be carrying more items than you can see.

[Post New]by fisherwoman08 on Sep 28, 10 1:11 PM
GREETINGS;
\
I AM UNABLETO COMPLETELY RE DOWNLOAD MY DIRE GROVE.ANY
SUGESTIONS? THANK YOU.
FISHERWOMAN

[Post New]by cheapugg on Sep 28, 10 11:51 PM
ugg boots who was on his boat with his wife, Kristin Berg, said he heard a marine radio Water temperatures and conditions will have a lot to do with whether other survivors are found, Ludington Coast Guard Station Chief James Hendricks said. in the
ugg boot chance to make rescues," he said.Carol Freed told the Ludington newspaper that her husband was
ugg shoesavery worried about the others, including Davidson, his closest friend. "buy uggWe keep hoping and praying everyone is OK," she said.About 10ugg shoesWeather Service said.A map of the plane's flight path from flightaware.com suggests problems developed about one-third of the way into the flight when the westbound lane doubled back over Lake Michigan. ugg bailey boots

[Post New]by cheapugg on Sep 28, 10 11:57 PM
<a href="www.eluxury-brands.net/">louis vuitton handbags</a> she attached great importance to my education, and many times, she patiently taught me how to be a <a href="www.eluxury-brands.net/">prada wallets</a> eads a simple life, buying little clothes for herself, I remember she had a pair of high-heeled shoes
<a href="www.eluxury-brands.net/">louis vuitton bags</a> her heart, she also wanted to pursue beauty, which is the nature of all the women.
<a href="www.eluxury-brands.net/">prada handbag</a> the quilt, the gloves and so on she made for me. In my heart, she is the most importance person in my life, she <a href="www.eluxury-brands.net/">prada bags</a>

[Post New]by judedude on Sep 30, 10 8:37 AM
Help,
I don't have the popato chips to give to the wolf and I can't access the hidden object screen in the hunting lodge - any hints ?

Do I have to start all over again ???

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 3:38:07 PM PST

[Post New]by happyplayer315 on Oct 3, 10 10:52 PM
can any one tell me of another great game like this dire grove was my first game and i loved it and have not found another one like it

Go to: