Senior Citizens sign in!!

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Nov 1, 17 5:45 PM
Welcome Passinbye. Nice to have new people join in. Its not a trick, its a really good game that makes you think about what move to make next etc, its very good for cognitive skills etc. I too did them all in order, and visited other cities further on when they launched them for free for a period of time, but have been at the latest city in the line for a long long time, so have not had to worry about visiting anything. But for those who aren't as far along the list of cities, having options to visit for free is a nice change, its also nice when you have an event city as it can help break any boredom particularly if having a hard time in a city.

[Post New]by gardenbird on Nov 2, 17 1:55 AM
by allenswanson on Oct 25, 17 5:19 AM
I can't seem to find it, but I know there is a list of the easiest cities to play somewhere. Can anyone direct me to it?

You can find this on page 3 posted 25/10/17 it's called

Favourite Day Trips

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
676 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 3, 17 11:10 AM
I’m back but after a few days offline back to day one of the treasure chest - what a waste of time! The daily deal yesterday was in LA, all architects and I couldn’t get even one! No wonder I hated that city and I wasn’t about to waste coins buying moves and today it is Tokyo which I have 100% completed so I won’t bother with that one either. I had hoped Abu Dhabi would be open by now so am still marking time. Anyone done anything interesting lately?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,316 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 3, 17 6:11 PM
Downloading the Abu Dhabi version on my iPad right now!

I won't be playing it for a couple of days though. I was trying to go slowly enough in Santa Fe that I wouldn't be stuck playing old cities, and this time it worked! I just finished level 90 of Santa Fe, so I can speed up a bit and still have a chance of making Abu Dhabi last until the next release.

NOTE: after the update, downloading cities is extremely slow. Odds are very good that this is due to too many users downloading at the same time. The past couple of updates have shown much faster city downloads a couple of days after the rush, so if you don't really need to collect resources or ship, it's a good idea to wait.

Edited on 11/03/2017 at 6:26:11 PM PST

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Nov 3, 17 8:12 PM
Welcome back from your holiday Trav3lbird, hope you enjoyed yourself. Nothing interesting happening much, but I note that lordkalvan says he is downloading Abu Dhabi now, that hasn't come up on my ipad yet, but am in no hurry to spend about 10 hours re downloading evey city and I still want a bit of time to ship a pile more resources into Santa Fe as I got slack doing it and haven't bothered so will put a few million of each into there first, then close it off and update to Abu Dhabi. And my treasure chests have disappeared yet again. Not complaining about it, its just interesting that they keep appearing out of the blue and stay for a few days, then go off somewhere. I don't think I will EVER get past day 7 and that would be a stretch. this treasure chest situation is ridiculous.

And I too had a few days in a row of shocking daily events that put me back into Seoul (yet again) and Barcelona (of all of the bad ones to get), and today it was Rome, of which it was a 6 letter word, 3 masters, 3 architects. I managed to get 4 out before I went to sleep, the 2 I couldn't do last night which I didn't think I would pass, got them both first go when I opened the game this morning. That was a nice surprise and I got all of them without a single boost or extra moves etc and earned 2 waterfalls worth 300 coins plus the coins for doing it. Well worth it. Hope the gold fever tonight/tomorrow is as good.

[Post New]by Froggieloveyou on Nov 3, 17 11:04 PM
I am on day 44 of treasure chests and the rewards are always just a couple of thousand bricks or hats. Need to get out of Havana for the weekend to make some coins. Already been to Amsterdam. Any suggestions?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,316 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 4, 17 4:09 AM
Froggieloveyou wrote:I am on day 44 of treasure chests and the rewards are always just a couple of thousand bricks or hats. Need to get out of Havana for the weekend to make some coins. Already been to Amsterdam. Any suggestions?

Day 30 I got 3 lightnings. Since then it's been just resources, but 10k, 12.5k, or 15k of them. I'm on day 44 now.

Boston is good. Bogota is a wee bit harder but building the carnival rides is fun.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Nov 4, 17 4:34 AM
Froggieloveyou, I suggest you have a look at the thread about taking day trips, its got a fair few comments about various cities and the worth or not of visiting them, but basically, pretty well any city after Amsterdam is ok. Maybe try one much further along, they get better and better.

[Post New]by CliveJ on Nov 4, 17 7:04 AM
At Abu Dhabi level 30 there's a guy that looks just like Barney Rubble. Dubai don't like the Flintstones but Abu Dhabi do! (Arf arf)

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,316 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 4, 17 7:24 AM
Heh heh....

I noticed with the new release that after I finish a level and the coins and resources show up at the level, the number of the level shows in front of those items instead of staying on the sign.

I don't know if GD mobile is made using Unity 3D, but if so it is acting like the numbers on the level signs are Text Mesh Pro with isOverlay flag set.

Minor annoyance that likely annoys me more because I spent a lot of time at work a few months ago struggling with Text Mesh Pro where Text on signs that was either gettiing blended with the color on the background or else when we closed a door in front of the sign the text appeared in front of the door. Bug was finally fixed but it was tricky.

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Nov 4, 17 10:47 AM
Hi everyone, just wanted to let everybody know that I added Abu Dhabi to the new monuments thread, so don't forget to PM me with the info! Welcome back Trav3lbird, I loved following you on your holiday with Facebook, the photos were amazing! My updates this morning have been a bit slower ( 10-12 seconds each, stopwatch remember?) so I'm just taking them as I go.

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Nov 4, 17 10:51 AM
CliveJ, if you can PM me with the info on the first three monuments that would be great! Thanks

kailuaauntie
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Nov 5, 17 8:04 AM
Latest Everest Challenge - anyone yet know what the rewards are? Just wondering if it’s worth lives and time needed to complete.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,316 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 5, 17 8:13 AM
kailuaauntie wrote:Latest Everest Challenge - anyone yet know what the rewards are? Just wondering if it’s worth lives and time needed to complete.

The last couple of challenges were so tough I tumbled down a dozen times and gave up.

The current one was either a heckuva lot easier or I got lucky. Got all of it without losing any lives. Three shovels, some coins (100?), and two hours of infinite lives.

Gummynut
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Nov 5, 17 8:14 AM
The “mountain of rewards” that are yours for completion of Everest are

Wait for it....
3 shovels and 100 coins for me!
Plus two hours of infinite lives, which I do appreciate...

Wow....not

Edited on 11/05/2017 at 8:15:28 AM PST

kailuaauntie
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Nov 5, 17 8:31 AM
Thanks, guys! I, too, gave up on prior challenges, but found this one much easier, and finished in no time. Who’d a thought?

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Nov 6, 17 2:22 AM
The Everest challenge for me is always worth doing, have never had too much trouble getting through it, I complete level 4 and leave 5 until I have a few hours to spare so I can take best advantage of my 2 free hours, and even though the 'rewards' from completing Everest on its own are not huge, those 2 hours are invaluable, particularly for players who are struggling to do really hard levels that use up their lives quickly. So take advantage of it, use those 2 hours wisely. TIP: work out prior to completing level 5, what other cities/levels you need to work on, timed ones are good, as you can just do them over and over and hopefully, get through them. The coins you can potentially earn in those 2 hours can be a few thousand if you work it right and wisely. So go for it EVERY time the challenge is on again. I have never missed it, even though there have been a few times lately I left it to the last half hour to complete it and just not had a lot of time to devote to it, but its still fun anyway.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Nov 6, 17 2:35 AM
And just a note to lordkalvan about length of time to download the cities after the latest update. this time, I timed them, did one at a time, average time per city was 1.45 minutes, the longest was Amman which took 2.52 minutes and the shortest was Bangkok at 1.15 minutes. I do note that this time, not every single city needed an update, which is interesting and if I had had to do all of them, this would have taken a couple of hours overall approx. Out of the 58 cities up to and including Santa Fe, only 26 needed to be re downloaded, I haven't opened Abu Dhabi as yet, but its ready to do when I close off Santa Fe. Just in the process of using up lives to gain a few extra levels at master and when I run out of lives, I will build the last monument which is ready to do and then open up Abu Dhabi which will replenish all my lives for now. When I run out again, I will complete level 5 of Everest and go for another 2 hours. As long as I am still awake!

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
866 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Nov 6, 17 8:32 AM
Used the 2 hours infinite lives in New Orleans, was able to move from level 37 to 57, including sidepaths but only doing intern levels, I am ignoring the 10 item quests. Only half way, but at least was able to make a big jump forward....
By the way, I understand that for people at the end of the content those new treasure chests are useless, but for me, being at the beginning of the valley of death, they are very helpfull!

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Nov 6, 17 10:16 AM
Hi Loonz, been a while! I have a quick comparison between the new and old treasure chests, keeping in mind that I'm only using the freebie ones! Old chests = 1,500 resources maybe 3 times a day if you were lucky or an occasional boost ( I miss the combo and shovels) so 4,500 resources a day. New chests = 10,000 pinks, 12,500 hats or 15,000 bricks, on day 30 it's 3 lightning bolts, so for those of us that haven't made it past Amsterdam, those resources come in mighty handy! I'm trudging through Shanghai and last I heard our little friend glitter passed me by and is heading into LA!

Go to: