gohill
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,450 Posts

Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by gohill on May 20, 16 7:05 AM
[quote=Bettemus1
Second point: if you gift an item, this item is most likely to drop from the HOS you received it from, by the first time you visit it after the gifting. Not everybody has noticed this interesting feature, I guess.

That USED to be true in my games.... Last fall, that changed, and that was before the HO item change... It would take me many times to get that polestar back... NOW, it does NOT happen at all unless I am out of "x" and need them for a DQ... guess you have a lucky game..

shari715
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by shari715 on May 20, 16 7:42 AM
move over in that boat and make room for me fuzzy.does not happen for me in any of my games either.and that find button does not always work either......shari

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,586 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on May 20, 16 7:46 AM
For those who are waiting for a change in the inventory drop rate and saying there has been no response...well, that really isn't true. Listen to the sound of silence......

1. The HOS items were not returned in the March update.
2. The HOS items were not returned in Spring.

Sometimes, when you ask for something, the answer is no.......regardless of how much you want the answer to be yes.

I truly believe that anyone asking for the HOS item drop rate to return to 100% is "spitting in the wind."

I also believe that the change was intentional....
1. Players were leveling up too fast.....remove inventory = slow down the game
2. Players were playing multiple games which takes up more server time with fewer people ..... remove inventory = people will start closing down those extra games
3. Players are using the consortium to provide items for players "out of season" .... change the dropping of items (ergo, original Christmas eggs) to make it harder and allow fewer "contributions" to the consortium

After shock:
.....Players complain about the inventory drop rate ---- no change because the changes THEY wanted were successful...
....Players threaten to leave the game if HOS items not returned -- sorry to see you go. But others will replace you because Midnight Castle is truly in a league of its own.....new players will adjust/adapt and still enjoy the beauty of the game.
....Players complain about not being able to gift --- now you can purchase gifts with coin as well as with diamonds. <<-- So, you see......they ARE listening......but they have no intention of returning the item drop rate to 100%......Listen to the sound of silence.....it is deafening.

Dinah6
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by Dinah6 on May 20, 16 8:54 AM
Annelliegram,
Beautifully said and 100% accurate from my point of view. This was a company policy change for the game and they are sticking with it.

Dinah

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,586 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on May 20, 16 8:58 AM
Dinah6 wrote:Annelliegram,
Beautifully said and 100% accurate from my point of view. This was a company policy change for the game and they are sticking with it.

Dinah

You betcha!

Edited on 05/20/2016 at 8:58:53 AM PST

Bettemus1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Bettemus1 on May 20, 16 9:12 AM
gohill wrote:[quote=Bettemus1

That USED to be true in my games.... Last fall, that changed, and that was before the HO item change... It would take me many times to get that polestar back... NOW, it does NOT happen at all unless I am out of "x" and need them for a DQ... guess you have a lucky game..

I have not testet this for quite a while, so such change would go unnoticed by me - sorry about this mistake.

I completely aggree with Annelliegram; the changes are there for a reason, and will not go away. Players are definitely advancing too fast. Personally, I am stuck on lvl 71, waiting for an update in order to advance further. The development cannot keep up the upgrades as needed.

gohill
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,450 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on May 20, 16 9:36 AM
Bettemus1 wrote:
gohill wrote:[quote=Bettemus1

I have not testet this for quite a while, so such change would go unnoticed by me - sorry about this mistake.

I completely aggree with Annelliegram; the changes are there for a reason, and will not go away. Players are definitely advancing too fast. Personally, I am stuck on lvl 71, waiting for an update in order to advance further. The development cannot keep up the upgrades as needed.

Howdy,,, it's not a mistake if you are able to get your item returned quickly ... I simply meant, I wasn't.... sniff, sniff... ....

NellyT
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by NellyT on May 20, 16 10:34 AM
Anneliegram excellent post, eloquently expressed.
Fully agree with you!

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 20, 16 10:50 AM
Unfortunately, I also agree that the changes are here to stay. Many of us have been playing MC since about Nov. or Dec. 2013, so that is quite a long time to enjoy a free game. Several of the other long-time free-to-play games have gone by the wayside but MC is still here.

While I agree the developers should be supported, I don't necessarily agree that means paying real money to play a free game. We can still support the developers by purchasing their other games; after all, they don't work on MC exclusively.

Although I find the idea of slowing down the drop rate thereby slowing down leveling up intriguing, I'm not quite sure I agree. Many players that have played quite a lot have gobs of inventory and millions of coins (and who knows how many diamonds). So if the inventory item has been replaced with additional coins, for instance, that just adds to that particular player's pile of coins. Coins/diamonds can be used to advance just as quickly as gobs of inventory.

The last update I had about 250,000 or so coins and not a tremendous inventory. I don't play enough to accumulate a ton of either. So I just played using the Find Button, inching my way forward. It took me a little longer; I didn't have any bloody lotuses in my inventory so had to go all around Robin Hood's barn to get them, along with everything else, but I did it.

There are complaints about constantly waiting for updates. When this game first began, we were getting updates every 4-6 weeks. Us old-timers got used to that schedule, but somewhere along the way the updates became further and further apart and the "blank" space was filled in with special events. All in all, It is miraculous that MC is still being updated this far along.

All that was a very long-winded way of saying, yes, it's tough to let go of the 100% inventory drops. But it's a done deal and the game can still be played. If I quit in protest, or 10 of us quit in protest, what difference will it actually make. Zero. We will have just deprived ourselves of the pleasure of running around like idiots in that dank castle and sharing our adventure here.

Starling41
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Starling41 on May 20, 16 12:23 PM
All I can say is, yes, finally someone has been able to say it the way it is. Those of you who have not been able to adjust have been told no.

When I come into this thread, I feel so bad, for how much you're hurting. I almost wish there was another answer for you. But having gotten to the max out point after the drop rates changed, I am aware that the game is better balanced now than it used to be.

Quite a few of you have complained that you no longer can do full rounds. There is no reason to be doing them. Do a few extra HOS but stop when they stop being fun.

But play the game, and I mean all of it. I've got got more inventory now than I ever thought to have. Enough that when the DQ asks me to craft, I rarely craft pet food. When a blue key quest asks for a hard zz, I often find that I already have all or most of the parts. You have to be willing to let the inventory go to get inventory. And it turns out that the formally precious items aren't that precious at the higher levels.

Edited on 05/20/2016 at 12:29:23 PM PST

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on May 20, 16 1:44 PM
Well said Starling. I don't feel the pain of no inventory - and never did while leveling either. I started last fall so adapting to a change was easy since to me nothing really changed.

Hopefully others will also continue to enjoy the game...or find another that they can enjoy.

~Linn

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,687 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on May 21, 16 12:31 PM
I still say a change from 100% inventory drops, to 20% inventory drops is excessive and shocking. And in early March, they did up it back to about 60%. It only fell back down again when they gave us the Spring Event. I didn't ever expect the HOS drops to go back to 100%...but I DID expect some sort of fair compromise. And, I felt 60/40 was a fair compromise.

siberlene
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on May 21, 16 12:41 PM
Okay, so they didn't give back the inventory drops. I'm fine with that because I enjoy a challenge.

But has anyone noticed what they did do?

They have implemented an in-game save as so many have requested. I didn't even realize it fully until earlier today. Several times recently the BG game application failed to open after I closed out the game and have had to reboot my computer to be able to get back in. Each time nothing was lost.

Today, though, my game seized up and I had to shut off my computer without going through the normal shut down procedure. Oh swell, I thought. I was just finishing a difficult blue key quest and wasn't looking forward to doing it all over again, not to mention the 1/2 hour game play I just went through. I was a very happy camper when I came back in and my game was exactly where it was when I had to shut down.

Thank you developers!

Edited on 05/21/2016 at 12:42:48 PM PST

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,586 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on May 31, 16 5:55 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:

If I quit in protest, or 10 of us quit in protest, what difference will it actually make. Zero. We will have just deprived ourselves of the pleasure of running around like idiots in that dank castle and sharing our adventure here.

Has anyone read the "message" that is posted in the Lighthouse of the Harbor?

It says:

"I saw many things from the lighthouse. The owners of Midnight castle changed, people left the old nearby towns and created new ones. Only the lighthouse stayed constant, as we pointed towards the coast for the ships, and watched them sail their last journeys."

Hmmmmm....indeed, the ownership changed for Midnight Castle (think it was in fall of 2014).....many people have left the game; many new players have started....

The devs ARE listening..........I just hope we aren't sailing our "last journeys."

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Jun 2, 16 11:19 AM
Here's a suggestion...lock this thread - put an end to it already.

1/20/2016...and this is now 6/2/2016.This post has outlived it's purpose and usefulness, and often gets derailed into other suggestions or debates that have nothing to do with the infamous update for which it was created.

Stop beating the dead horse - time for new threads about new issues and suggestions for the game as it is today without the "give back the inventory drops" that is obviously not going to happen.

~Linn

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jun 2, 16 1:06 PM
Linn, while I agree that the drop rate probably won't change, there is no harm in petitioning for that change. Some of the changes that have been made to this game through feedback from players:

1. Recoding the old Bow Figurine/Six Paws quests (one quest took approx. 9 days to complete, 6 quests took approx. 57 days, we had 12 quests to do)
2. Gifting more often than 5 days a day.
3. Add ability to buy a gift for a friend.
4. Remove the "Get All" gifts button from the gift page (How many of us clicked on that accidentally and had no idea who had gifted us what?)
5. Click on an item in friendslist and see how many of that item you have to gift.
6. Have the name of the item appear while hovering cursor over it.
7. Add the friends code to the friends names in the friendslist.
8. Add additional achievements.
9. Fix the Find Path for the DQs.
10. Add separate tabs for Inventory, Crafted Items, Pets, etc.
11. Get rid of the red "x's" on the Crafting Wheel.
12. And just recently, include more eggs on the Fortune Wheel for the Eggcentric Achievement.

So you see, beating a dead horse has resulted in some pretty significant changes...positive changes made at the request of long-time players that new players reap the benefits of. Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the oil.

[Post New]by jakeybubby on Jun 2, 16 1:14 PM
Whitebutterfly54

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Jun 2, 16 1:29 PM
Okay, sorry...seems that nearly 6 months is a bit excessive but if that is what it takes then drive on I suppose.

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,586 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jun 2, 16 2:19 PM
Don't have to lock the thread to move on......as people lose interest in it, it will fall to the back pages of the forum and then gradually be forgotten....unless....someone still has something to say.

And this is the ONE thread that has been left for us...in fact, we have been directed to it.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,687 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jun 2, 16 5:28 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:Linn, while I agree that the drop rate probably won't change, there is no harm in petitioning for that change. Some of the changes that have been made to this game through feedback from players:

1. Recoding the old Bow Figurine/Six Paws quests (one quest took approx. 9 days to complete, 6 quests took approx. 57 days, we had 12 quests to do)
2. Gifting more often than 5 days a day.
3. Add ability to buy a gift for a friend.
4. Remove the "Get All" gifts button from the gift page (How many of us clicked on that accidentally and had no idea who had gifted us what?)
5. Click on an item in friendslist and see how many of that item you have to gift.
6. Have the name of the item appear while hovering cursor over it.
7. Add the friends code to the friends names in the friendslist.
8. Add additional achievements.
9. Fix the Find Path for the DQs.
10. Add separate tabs for Inventory, Crafted Items, Pets, etc.
11. Get rid of the red "x's" on the Crafting Wheel.
12. And just recently, include more eggs on the Fortune Wheel for the Eggcentric Achievement.

So you see, beating a dead horse has resulted in some pretty significant changes...positive changes made at the request of long-time players that new players reap the benefits of. Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the oil.

And for the record, I'm not an optimist. I am a realist. And I don't think they are done with working on a solution to the drop rates as yet. Call me crazy, but I believe it will be tweaked to a more fair percentage in the next update.

Go to: