Ready for the special room

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

Re:Ready for the special room

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jan 4, 18 1:01 AM
Helpless, I watch the oversized crow approach!

I can clearly see it eyeing me up and down as it considers which morsel to savor first!

As it hovers over my head all I can think of are my failings as a Special Room Number 2 and Chief Sweeper Upper of the Castle. My past life flashes before me.

I am doomed! Oh! I am so doomed!

It opens its massive beak and caws!

In my head though it is NOT a caw: words begin to form!

"Hi there stranger!
"I am your friendly crow called Kate!
"I have been watching your special group for some time and would like to join you!
"I see you have a rabbit as a partner so a crow should not cause any problems if you accept me!"

It then moves behind me and with a couple of pecks my straitjacket bonds are undone.

It feels SOoooo good to be mobile once more!

I sit up and the crow perches alongside me.

But as I am about to resume a conversation with it the room darkens again!

This time with a horrendous toot, my pet owl swoops into the room and attacks the crow!

The battle is very brief as with a flick of a wing my poor owl is sent hurtling to the far wall and slumps there with a very dazed look on its face.

"I must point out that although I am quite poorly now I was a martial arts expert in my youth and champion of my murder" [ if you don't know what this means look it up!]

To resume >>>>>>>>

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Jan 4, 18 1:13 PM
As I lay snozzing or snoring what ever,,,, I hear a very familair voice ,, CHARLIEISR?????????????? THAT YOU ??? OR AM I DREAMING??????
Wait what are you doing in THE SPECIAL ROOM TEA ROOM???
Did you get captured to???
I stir and try to stand but head is a spinning wowwwwwwwwwww stop da world,,
What you want a room here with us till EASTER ,,, oh my my my dear one I am afraid once this place gets you you are gotten but it is a Special Place and you come to love it and the slightly crazy inmates we all seem to become family and yes Ma"am I got the job of being da big cheese big Kahona head nut case and sure I will vouch for you so you can bypass the intro with PTG OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGG PTG we have to rescue him I jump up and almost clap my hands OWIEEEEEEE DAUMN THAT HURT<<<< okay listen up HEY OVER HERE YOU BUNCH OF **** I TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND STOP MYSELF THESE ARE NOT MY TROOPS SO EASY DOES IT,,Attention please yes Roo my head is fine what I is bloodin <<< NO NO NO I do not need Doc we need to get to PTG now to the new comers I am going to have to leave you alone together here with Mrs.Fletcher she will tend to your needs with food and drink till we get back with PTG, so relaxe get to know eatch other and we will pick up when we get back with my second in command sorry bad timeing come Ladies we must get to PTG,,,,,

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Jan 4, 18 2:04 PM
Captain Randy.....so, so, so happy you are here to lead us in 'battle'.

I want to assure you I am ready to rescue our lovable PTG in this blasted state of ‘freezing your nose, fingers, toes and *ss-off weather’. However...I am a tiny bit worried about the oil...

When we obtained the oil, we were given a choice of only cooking oil. The oil given to us to use was the proper viscosity for oil in a warm kitchen.

Once we brought it outside to the coldest day in Castle history, it decided to become the viscosity of frozen fat in January....! Lumpy, Clumpy, and Nada...on the viscosity!

Our beautiful, golden, pourable oil is now a white-ishly-opaque, lard color. Scoopable at best. Sliceable maybe. Set off as a fat bomb, totally.

Otherwise, we are ready to fight the good fight!

Oh...., and someone might want to let THE broom out. It is attempting to cleave itself on its leash.

It could be useful to help us get PTG out of the clammy hands of the bumptious head of the Idiota brigade.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 4, 18 3:00 PM
LJM5091 wrote:Oh...., and someone might want to let THE broom out. It is attempting to cleave itself on its leash.

It could be useful to help us get PTG out of the clammy hands of the bumptious head of the Idiota brigade.
A little orb soon floats to within earshot and a whispering voice can be heard to say: The broom is there no more .... it has already been rescued by one of my pigeons and sent on its way to find its owner, my Godson, PTG

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Jan 4, 18 4:10 PM
I know our dear captain has a plan to rescue PTG,but we must not fail & just to be sure I have a plan B at the ready.'Hope for the best but plan for the worst' springs to mind.

I literally have one or two things up my sleeve & hidden in my jacket that should be a blast!! Angel was a little nervous when I asked her to secrete several sticks of dynamite about her person,but her reply of "I'll do it for PTG" warmed my heart. I was a little nervous when Angel stood in front of the fireplace,one wayward spark & KABOOOOM...Angel would have been ...an angel !!!

I'll keep plan C to myself,I just hope no-one realises that the tree trimmings that I have strategically hidden around the hospital wing are bombs that I have painted red & decorated with ribbons.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jan 4, 18 4:10 PM
I now have the job of soothing some very ruffled feathers as my poor bemused owl has just received a shock.

It has learned that it is no longer at the 'top' of the local bird population and now has to behave itself!

I turn to my new -found friend and am just about to exchange more pleasantries when it attacks my huggie jacket!

I really do think that I am going mad!

It is battling something in one of my pockets and that something is fighting back!

There is a sudden:
WWHHAAMM!
and my new-found crow friend is deposited against the far wall next to my pet owl!!

From the recesses of my jacket pocket a rather chipped broom stem appears with its bristles literally bristling!

In my mind I hear its outrage:
"No one, and I mean NO ONE, pecks at me and gets away with it!"

All I can think at it is:
Nice to see you! What took you so long??"

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Jan 4, 18 4:54 PM
THANKS, CAPT. WE WILL WAIT FOR YOUR RETURN. STILL IT IS BETTER HERE I HOPE THEN IN MY SON'S BASEMENT. SO NOISY THERE AT TIMES. TV, GAMES , OR JUST THE REST OF THE FAMILY BEING HOME. SMALL BOY NEVER SHUTS UP.

HE HAS EVEN GOT ME TALKING TO MYSELF. DON'T ANSWER MYSELF YET.

ALL HE CAN TALK ABOUT IS CARS, VERY FAST CARS, I AM TO OLD FOR ANY OF THEM. DON'T EVEN LOOK AT CARS THESE DAYS.

DO SORT OF WISH WE HAD A FEW HERE TO GET AROUND. BUT AT LEAST I CAN STILL RIDE A HORSE IF I CAN GET ON ONE. SHORT MAKE IT HARD WITHOUT A MOUNTING BLOCK.

CAREFUL CAPT. IT IS CRAZY OUT THERE. WATCH OUT FOR THE GUARDS. THEY ARE IN A MEAN MOOD. I SAW THEM TRIPPING INMATES JUST SO THEY COULD LAUGH WHEN THEY FELL.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Jan 4, 18 4:56 PM
I look at DD and take in as best I can with this boomer of a headache and nod as she speaks and that REALLY does not help my head but I do hear her and what she is saying is making sense , so I hold my finger that is in three D and my eyes see 3 4 no 5 fingers shake my head to clear it @#$%^&^%$#@#$%^ I really need to stop doing that ,,,,, it is true what you say DD but you really have to have more faith in this slightly insane groupe you see we always figure things out and I am very very sure I our baby techno expert *** that would be Auntie Roo has something beside her arm up her sleeve and seeing that oil is in the Caulderon we just build a tiny fire under it and wallaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hot oil not boiling but hot enough to get up to Frost and all else fails I Captain booming head Randy have a back up plan called Brulee
No don't fret lets see how bad this is time runing short , those of us that have been in those cells know what idjits they are there and the evil they can do and I know PTG can never evesn look at those horse injections they so love to stick you with ** NOT FUNNY****
I look over to the couch and see that Mrs. Fletcher has things well in hand with the new inductees( $%^&*&^%$ this keyboard is driving me nutso still doing half English and Half French so excuse the speeling error's )>>>>>>>>>>
Angel cones in with The Doc and says Cap I brought Doc to check your head it looks nasty,, I sputter NOT NOW WOMAN I AM BUSY

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Jan 5, 18 6:53 PM
Mrs Fletcher makes sure that we newbies have what we need while we wait. I pull out a book and settle in for the wait. I just barely get into the story when I find that I am waving away something that keeps flying at me. When I put the book down, it is at a wrong time. I end up with a flying Tree in the face.

Moving it away, I notice that since the door has been open, we have been swarmed with flying objects and orbs. Not sure what to do about it, I make an attempt to go back to my book hoping they will leave if they are ignored.

[Post New]by Thewerecatqueen on Jan 6, 18 7:21 AM
Alright I'm really enjoying this new life in the castle...but seriously...WHAT is with Trina and the stupid airships? Lady, Diamonds do NOT grow on trees! Why can't you ask me for something else...like i don't know...magic shards? Sorry but I need those golden keys and I am not about to wait 4+ hours to get them! I need those four rooms and the accessories unlocked! And what is with those cooldowns? Come on ,I only have an hour here before I have to go back to my room and deal with fire realm stuff. And who KNOWS when my no cooldown amulet will start flashing (which means my buddy is in danger) Come on man, lighten up! I am not my sister; I don't have patience...at all!

-Fire queen Luentio

Edited on 01/06/2018 at 7:21:41 AM PST

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Jan 6, 18 11:19 AM
I look at Angel then doc,,, Angel WHAT did I just say I am to daumn busy to see Doc,, sorry Doc that Angel took you away from whatever you where doing but you can go back I am fine as I almost fall into the chair that lucky for me is close by,
Both Angel and Doc grab me and sit my pin chusion Santa Suit bootom done on the chair I fly back up Me thunck de still be a splinter in there,,,, I hear bend over Cap abd smile >>>>>>>>> SAY WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.???????/Now you just hold on one darsh darn minute Doc you are a vet ** no disrespect *** and I ain't no hound dog,, that is cut short as I see Roo heading my way with thos god awfull thongs saying you called Cap???
WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH right there Doc come with me to the head it will be private at least,,,, OWWWWWWWWWWWWW @#$%^&*(*&^%$#%^&*( that hurt Doc what you dig to Cloud City for that sliver JHC woman,,, no she cooly says I gave you a tetnise shot to be on the safe side $%^&*&^ you coud have warned me , oh hush ya big baby and pull up them bottoms you even have a bandage on yer Boo Boo,, now lets see the cut,,, uh huh it is deep you need stitches and she rams the needel in nefore I can say *****************Do you treat your critters this way ???
No she says they are lovable not croutchy like you now hold still,,, this time I see the needle OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG a horse needle I knew it but I can't move me down udder are is frozen,,,,,,,I look at the crowd at the door all snickering
as Doc stiches my eye brow **** Laugh now you all PAY BACK IS A BIOTCH*****
Doc finishes and I call Roo ,,, seeing I am tyed up right now could you get our soon to be new inmates at my table so I can talk to them can't do much more till da feeling comes back to me legs,,, #$%^&*()(*&^%$%^&*( da walking wounded how
in front of everyone................

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Jan 6, 18 3:00 PM
Not being a person to miss an opportunity when it's staring right at me,I watch the Doc's bag intently.While Poppet is tending to Randys wounds I "Help myself" to a couple of those pre-filled syringes from her medical bag. I don't know what's in them but by the look of Randy they are quite lethal

I head towards the ladies who look quite comfortable & turn to CHARLIESR who is still clacking away with her knitting.I ask if she was able to knit the item I requested even though I had no pattern.
"Of course" she replys " You name & I'll knit it".She pulls a package from under her chair & hands it to me.She has even wrapped it up in a gift box.
"Wow that was quick & thank you.I'm sure Randy will be most grateful" I smile & ask both ladies to join us at Randys table.

Returning to the bathroom I give Randy the package.He eventually manages to open it as his fingers are working only slightly better than his legs.
"WHAT'S THIS!!!" He crys out as his eyes seem to pop out of their sockets.
"Now Randy,put them on & stop complaining" I reply "Dear CHARLIESR has hand knitted these multi-coloured,striped breeches with a triple layer of padding especially for you .As a gentleman I'm sure you wouldn't want to upset her by not wearing them.Your Santa pants have so many holes in them you are making all the ladies blush so put on a brave face,put on the breeches & I'll help you to your table".

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jan 6, 18 11:11 PM
As I stare at the two rather bemused birds slumped up against the far wall, I am thinking:

“Why am I feeling so cold?”

It is because of the howling icy wind that is blowing straight into the room and moi!

So I go over to it to shut it.

Just at that moment I myself am propelled back onto the same far wall as my two compatriots.

I am amazed!

I am “gobsmacked" (to pardon the expression)!

I never realized that my broom could be so cruel, nor so magical, as to turn against me - its owner!

The thought creeps into my mind:

“Did you bother to look outside before you paraded yourself in front of the window?”

My bruised limbs come second as curiosity takes over.

I creep back to the window and peep outside.

There below are amassed the entire Praetorian Guard of the Castle.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jan 6, 18 11:17 PM
And all of them, including their cunning Captain, are looking very eagerly up towards my window.

Expecting me to jump out and into their unfeeling arms again?

But are they?

On a second quick glance I see that they are not looking at the window itself.
They are looking above the window!

I think to the broom:

“Can you get me a mirror from the HOS Repository? I am sure there is one there recently discarded by our MC Citizens.”

No sooner said than done.
I take the mirror and point it out of the window and then upwards.

There is a large fishing net (obvious purloined from the Harbor Fishing Net HOS) poised for action.

Why??

The thought dawns on me . It is to snare any attempt by my partners who will surely come to rescue me through that window!!

And from below all this is hidden.

I must get a message to them immediately; but how?

My broom is dispatched to rummage through the HOS Repository once more and it returns with a paper boat and a pencil.
A quickly scribbled message is attached to my pet owl’s leg and I send it off to my partners.

I sincerely hope that it reaches them in time or else we are quadruple doomed!!!

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Jan 7, 18 8:07 AM
Charlie an Breaze put away their knitting and I put away my book; then we get up and follow Auntie Roo to Randy’s table. While she and Cap Randy disappear into a side room so he can change, we each take a seat at the table. That is when I realize that the air has cleared, well, mostly. The flying things seemed to have disappeared or taken off.

It isn’t long and we are joined by Cap Randy with a few things to say. But before he can speak, an owl lands right in front of him.

Edited on 01/07/2018 at 10:02:05 AM PST

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jan 9, 18 5:35 AM
All is quiet for the moment. As I lay back on my bed unfettered, I begin to relax and doze.

Only a few dust bunnies float to the floor and these are quickly swept up by the ever vigilant broom.

The crow, still against the far wall, is keeping a very watchful eye on my broom. In fact this watchful eyed bird is producing more dust bunnies and I idly wonder what on earth she is thinking.

Suddenly it stiffens and adopts what is probably the crow attack position.

My broom hastens to the door and proceeds to float above it!

I hear voices approaching outside and it is obvious that my alert broom is waiting in ambush for whoever enters.

However the voices, although they get no louder, seem to hover outside so I can clearly hear what is being said

“We will get a big bonus for all the criminal elements we are about to capture!
“Among them must be their ringleaders
“Our glorious CEO has already instructed the kitchen to prepare a stew pot for that large insane rabbit we are about to take into custody!

“Lunch!”

Cackles of laughter rend the air.

“Oh! And there is a new intake of inmates among them, so we have to prepare at least four rooms in the South Wing for them. They are all newcomers, unlike this criminal rabble, so they will be no trouble once sedated!”

The voices recede and my broom goes back to its rest position, desultory sweeping up the odd dust bunny.

Since all remains quiet it is time for me to have a little chat with my new-found bird friend.

Czoe
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by Czoe on Jan 10, 18 12:21 AM
Srk*8crck9> CRUNCH,bllrb*Lndng 8#crckl Cz o mp88bl*^rk o k?*^zzt. whr CRk*^ device

Ouch!

OH NO! The landing is not what the protocol advised. Right on my **** in the middle of some goo. And my teleputerastrocom is disabled.

Better have a look around, I hear strange sounds. The subjects of this investigation are wily. I was warned of potential danger, but.... (thinking of the transcripts).. I think that the illogical sphere they inhabit renders them incapable of true harm.

But one must be wary :::lifting the mitochondrial orb::: I should search down this passage..

Czoe
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by Czoe on Jan 10, 18 1:47 AM
Funny, could have sworn that I landed on my bee you tee tee, but here, it turned into my **** !

Strange things going on here... further investigation is in order. Too bad the High Cosmographer can't see this.

Maybe that is a key word, violating all sensibilities of the inhabitants. Shall we see? :::using typo managerial access code::: okay, we will try ... b u t t , well that seems to work. Now I will try it without the breaks. **** NO! A filter for a magic word! Is it something about with being the **** of a joke? Only time will tell.

Edited on 01/10/2018 at 2:48:26 AM PST

Czoe
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by Czoe on Jan 10, 18 2:42 AM
Ok, :::telling the recorder:::: I'm going outside, instead, have to scrape this goo off of my b.. behind before it freezes.

Finding a nearby sled, reclining on my posterior, I rapidly descend to what appears to be a gathering house. Going in, my gluteus maximums find a comfortable seat at the bar.

I now know the code word, light a smoke, and ask the barkeep, "Do you have an ashtray to put my **** in?". He smirks, and waves to the bony ones.... who obviously have no meat in the game, and yet might give information.

Edited on 01/10/2018 at 3:05:45 AM PST

dandydog
Clownfish
Clownfish
803 Posts

[Post New]by dandydog on Jan 10, 18 7:46 AM
Clink..Clink..Clink....(Saltys just arrived with His latest patch of Honey Rum)... .... Mrs Fletcher?...Oh Mrs Fletcher!..._ _ _ _.._ _ _...._ _ _ _ (Bings answer)... ....She's in the Tea Rooms Dinning Room Ya say Bing?... ...I'm in here Salty looking over Our Special Rooms latest Flock of "Newbies" and have to tell you...they are indeed Special!... ...Just look at them all Gussied Up in their Brand Spank'un New Roo Designed and provided Huggy Jackets.... ....an kind of wondering whats going to happen next....Sigh....You know that Our Dear Ole Codger Captain Randy... (who was recently injured)... ...and Second in Demand PTG...(also recently injured).... ...have placed me temporarily in charged of these here Newbies until they themselves are feeling more "Fit as a Fiddle" so can take over.... ....You haven't ever seen Captain Randy or PTG with any Book of Rules and Regulations have you Salty?....Hummmmmm.....Nope... Mrs Fletcher...Can't say that I have....Why?.....Well now...I know how to keep Their tummies nice and full... ....and I really enjoy being here for them whenever they need a shoulder to lean on and tell their tales of woe too... ...But...I know absolutely Zero how to instruct them in anything else.......cause that has always been the Captains and PTG territory not mine....And boy was I ever delighted to keep it that way until now....This is why I really need some sort of guidance to help me out....Sigh....Wait a minute here Mrs Fletcher!....I know who we can asked for help!....Who Salty?....Three Friends come to mind quickly like....Who Salty?!... ...Roo, Grim and DD that's Who.......Oh My...I'll ask them and maybe AEGram too because I know for a fact that she has such a mighty find Knowledge on so many subjects about the goings on here in the Castle at all times.......

Edited on 01/10/2018 at 9:18:32 AM PST

Go to: