bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Jack of All Tribes forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 26, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Jack of All Tribes forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Jack of All Tribes players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Jack of All Tribes forum

[Post New]by Redshell142 on Feb 5, 11 2:28 PM
Hi

I have downloaded the trial version of this game and am unable to start. Keep getting the following error message

Unhandled Exception

No DirectX 8 hardware were found on your computer

Occured:
at GraphicsD3D8Impl: etMode
at MyGamApp::Initialize

Laptop seems ok and will run other games with same requirements i.e. Westward Kingdoms. Tried uninstall etc

Any ideas?

[Post New]by Teedles on Aug 17, 11 11:43 AM
I am having the same issue, I have downloaded this game via Mac computer and when I click on play it just goes to "Time is running out you have 60 minutes left to play" But I have not even played it yet. It won't run.

Please advise.

Nene1962
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Nene1962 on Aug 18, 11 2:10 PM
I have the same issue as Teedles. I downloaded the Mac version, but the "new Game Manager" that has now appeared just keep stating;
RECENT ACTIVITY
Thank you for playing: Jack of All Tribes
"Time is running out you have 60 minutes left to play" Play Again. It won't let me play it. CLicking the "Play Again" link just refreshes this page.

PLease fix ASAP or let me know how to try this game! THANKS!

Ichthys
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Ichthys on Aug 21, 11 1:42 AM
I downloaded the Mac version with one of my credits and tried to load it through the Applications on the Mac OS and also through the Game Manager, but it wouldn't start up. The Game Manager kept going to a screen that displayed the "Play Again" blue button and "You own this game. Play with no time limits!"

Hope this can be fixed soonish, the game looks pretty interesting!

Nene1962
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Nene1962 on Aug 23, 11 5:13 AM
Just got this message from Tech Support; "Jack of All Tribes was designed by the game developer to run on Snow Leopard (10.6) systems and above. The game page for Jack of All Tribes lists the minimum OS required as 10.6. If you're running Leopard (10.5) or below, this is likely the reason that the game isn't running.

I do apologize for this inconvenience. This is one of the few games that we currently offer that requires 10.6 and above."

So that lets me out, I have Mac 10.5

cmno1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by cmno1 on Sep 15, 11 6:52 PM
I am totally stuck on level 28 I can not get 3 smiley faCES any clues app.

Go to: