FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

Comments and Reviews for Jack of All Tribes

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Jan 26, 11 12:31 AM
I broke down and brought this game from Divo even though I thought it was a bit expensive when it was released. I've been trying to show more support for the developers of my favorite games since it was brought to our attention they needed to make more money (which is why they were making more CE's) to keep the games cheap for us all and to keep producing more great games.

It took me about 5 hours from start to finish and will be a game I'll replay again. My favorite part was the dinosaur he not only helps you to fight the caveman, but your villagers can go for a ride on him. It's a relaxing enjoyable game. I personally chose to to resize my screen to make the graphics nicer, but I had to do that also in Be Rich and Be Richer, not for game play, the game plays fine in the higher resolutions, it just seems like in their games the higher the screen setting the more pixelated their graphics become...

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Jack of All Tribes

[Post New]by kdubs on Jan 26, 11 1:20 AM
This is certainly a colorful fast fun game. The little people have voices, mainly "okay" and a couple other sayings. They also have sweet faces and some very cute behaviors! You have a village and the people build huts, chop trees, eat, sleep, bathe, work....and yes even stop in at the bar.
Lots happening all at once. Fires, drop-in natives, and I hear there's a dinosaur that helps with bad guys too but didn't get to see him yet. You can chain actions, but unchaining them seemed not to quite work for me, but it may have just been me.
There was one level which had a Hidden Object scene to visit twice. Some of the H0's were power-ups for the little people. That famous review site said that there were very few H0 scenes. Okay, I saw 1 in 8 levels.
The timer is forgiving, a certain time gets you Expert, but the level can always be finished. There are also trophies.
There are other reviewers who will give you the full scoop, these are just my first thoughts.

Edited on 01/26/2011 at 1:23:14 AM PST

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Jan 26, 11 1:42 AM
Hi

I can not give a proper review as I have only played 5 levels so far but Oh Boy this is good.

Build houses, grow food etc, standard proceedures I guess, but the dialogue is funny, always a plus.

Jack is soooooo 21st century on this remote Island where we find the "mumblers" and the "thickheads", so what does he do????? He builds a cocktail bar LOL

So far this game is cute & I am blushing as I type, Jack is cute too.

This game has to be a winner !!!!

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Jan 26, 11 2:26 AM
Looks good AND you can finish the levels after you've missed achieving a gold star . Very fast, maybe a bit too fast for me as I don't have time to appreciate my buildings, but I'll play it anyway

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jan 26, 11 8:10 AM
Well looks like we got 2 threads going again. The official C&R thread didn't get set up until after our early posts here . So most reviews are over on what is now the official thread.

Tuvana65
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Tuvana65 on Jan 26, 11 11:17 AM
Just finished... yes, it just came out today. So, that is my one and only gripe... levels are done too fast, and the whole game too. otherwise, very cute, kinda funny, and yes, i did work today too.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 1, 11 4:17 PM
Hi everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to write up such great reviews! I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread so that we can keep all future reviews together in the stickied review thread that can be found here.

Feel free to re-post in the stickied thread, and I've also included a link in that thread to this thread.

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

Go to: